Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olyps

09-26-2012

There needs to be an option for honoring people who make a lot of puns.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

09-26-2012
86 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyps View Post
+1

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

How the Honor will really work :

Graves got a Quadra! Better honor him!
Corki managed to escape this team fight and kill their Ashe in the jungle, so they couldn't push! Better honor him!
Ezreal went 18/1/9! Better honor him!

Come on, we all know it's gonna work that way. I honestly don't see the majority of the playerbase even using this system. I think at least half the players will not even know wth Honor is. I'm willing to bet more than half of those who will are just going to misuse it.

Not to say I won't Honor nice people. I just really don't believe this will work out the way you guys think it will. Players are more interested in winning than anything else and the more visibly someone is contributing to your win, the more likely you are to like them (everybody forgets the Alistar initiation, but nobody forgets the Pentakill. Nobody notices how Janna is keeping her carry alive, but everybody notices how many crits the carry is dishing out.)

Zerglinator

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyps View Post
You have my full support.

Crusty Tha Clown

09-26-2012

Lyte,

Will there ever be any chance of a feature of the honor system to group like minded/honored summoners together when forming a game. Where honorable people will eventually only play with other honorable people, and trolls will just be trolling each other in a troll circle jerk.

Res NØva

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The initial goal of Honor is to identify the positive pillars in our community. This is why we aren't talking about rewards right now. However, if you know me and understand psychology, you know that positive reinforcement comes in many shapes and sizes. We won't use rewards to encourage your participation in the Honor Initiative, so if you feel like there isn't enough 'value' to being good in the current iteration of the initiative, that's fine for now.

The end goal of Honor is to shape player behavior more positively--to help encourage and nudge players to lean good instead of bad when it's an emotional game.
Okay, Just a question Let's say you have 50 honor, will you get teamed up with other players with the same honor in duo Que.

Flurren

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
Hey it's great when people are nice to each other, but I would never give you honor because after this system is in place I will only assume you are fishing for points.

As for you Lyte can you explain why you insist on making it harder for people who play with friends primarily to receive honor when at some point you say there will be positive reinforcement? Is it really a positive to alienate part of your player base? I really want you to put my mind at ease here?
I don't see how people would be alienated. . . just be nice and you got some honor and still honor points doesn't make you a better player. . . It's only shows that some people find you nice, It doesn't mean that those without honor points are bad/rude.
Regarding your statement about you assuming I'll be fishing for point by being nice I just got to say go ahead I don't care I like being nice and I'll expect that from the people I'm playing with aswell C ya on the Fields of Justice

SirLanik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I fully intend to exploit the honor system as much as possible by being friendly, helpful, working with my team, and being honorable to my opponents every game.

And there's not a darn thing your abuse system can do to catch me.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-27-2012
87 of 99 Riot Posts

22% and 1%.

Gringo

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
22% and 1%.
lol wat