eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daenerys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-26-2012

I don't have a question but I'd like to thank you for this thread ^.^ You seem to be heading in a direction that is best for both the playerbase and Riot as a company, so yay!

nathanphetamine

09-26-2012

rune page prices are my number one concern, followed by the price of certain older champions who still have high ip prices (vlad, nocturne, vlad, ez, kog cass). im glad it seems like you guys are making good progress on this

Tincture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

With the upcoming harrowing and snowdown showdown events, do you plan on spicing up the attractions or deals that are set to join us? Theyre always wonderful to see, i was just wondering if you had any new ideas.

xJagged

09-26-2012

Is there any plan to put the Chinese New Year skins i.e. Dragon Fist Lee Sin, Ghuqin Sona and others on sale at some point?

Drummuh Dude

09-26-2012

I understand that the "e" in "eCommerce" means that you are primarily focused on the in-game store. However, do you know if Riot plans to release more merch, such as the champion-based hoodies (as seen at IPL, I believe)?

CausticSushi

09-26-2012

Any plans for events like double IP weekends or holiday boosts before 2013?

Also, a lot of the newer skins(Battle Bunny Riven specifically) have not gone on sale in close to, or over, 3 months. Any chance we'll be seeing some newer skins on sale anytime soon?

Lady Ash

09-27-2012

I was wondering what you though about including an NPC/menu in the game shop where you can sell/trade your old runes for IP. At a reduced value of course. This menu would be very useful, because itIt would make our current rune system more forgiving (how many times have you bought the wrong rune on accident, built your champ wrong, or wanted to try a new build?)

Thank you so much for you time. ;p

~Lady Ashe

Supaka

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We have an initial winner, with a clear early lead over the rest. Keep in mind I expect to answer 25-50 questions by the end of the year, so keep asking and voting, as I will get way past the first few pages before we're done.

Yes, it is odd. And it will get even more odd before it starts making sense. Here's the story:

As long as I've played the game, all champions from 3150-6300 IP were priced at 975 RP, which made it feel pretty crappy to buy many of those champions with RP. That's not good for players and not good for Riot. Reducing the RP price of the 3150 and 4800 champions seemed like the easy answer, but to what price? And what impact does that have on sales of those champions and other champions?

Making a change that significant without any data on what might happen is not what they teach in eCommerce class, and the only way to get reliable data is to start changing prices. Caityln and Maokai were the first, and there will be more in the next several days, which will make our pricing look even more odd. But there is a method to the madness, and within the next several weeks, I expect to make final changes that will make sense. To me anyway

And in case you're concerned, after all "permanent" price reductions (not a limited time sale), we automatically refund the price difference for anyone that made a purchase in the previous two weeks. For those who bought more than two weeks prior, keep in mind that you were able to enjoy the ownership for that additional time, which is why we do not go back further than two weeks. I should also point out that "permanent" is probably the wrong word for these price reductions, because pricing is always subject to additional change. In fact, some of these prices will likely change again once the final plan is in place.

Thanks for the question!
Your question kind of touched upon a subject I would have initially queried...

Why is there no backdate giveback on purchases made just prior to sales. This used to be the case with champions, not sure if it applies anymore? It definitely does not apply to RP sales.

Shiny Eevee

09-27-2012

Will we see some temporary returns of some legacy skins for this year's black friday?
A perfect example would be the Sonoran Kog'Maw skin.

Godfather

09-27-2012

I read a few threads on forums of people asking for skins that they don't have. I personally own about 200 skins and I've always wanted Red Card katarina but I missed out on it. I saw what Hippalus said and it made me think of this idea.

*NOTE* This won't open up the game to RMT because you purchase them with RP.

The idea is that theres a new tab called player auction and you can put skins that you have on there for a RP price, and people can bid on them kinda like ebay. For example:

PlayerA: Lists Snow Bunny Nidalee for 500 RP

PlayerB: Wants the skin badly, bids on it for 600

PlayerC: also wants it, bids 800

etc etc, you get the idea. I think this would be good for a select number of the community who actually care about skins. Also this could be used for people who bought a skin they regret and wish to make back at least a little of the RP they got. This would also make riot more money because of it being a RP only exchange. More skins on sale -> more people buying RP to try to obtain it.