Who counters Jax bottom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

let me add , i've been doing nothing but Jax bottom lately and the guys that give me the creeps are actually ad casters, Many ad casters can go toe to toe with Jax.

Shamanb

09-24-2012

Ryze can **** him up big time. Easily.

The Fizznity

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
As someone who's been on both ends of that matchup, it's the the other way around; Darius hurts jax significantly harder early, but as Jax starts to ramp up it becomes a lot harder for Darius to keep the advantage. It's far too easy for jax to disengage late game and prevent darius getting max stacks, meaning no ulti and less uptime on W, all the while getting a stupid number of hits in between it all.
If jax walks up, Darius can start beating on him and get several stacks before Jax jumps away, then pull. That would depend on whether the creeps are close enough to pull post-jump though. If Jax jumps to Darius, he can (again) beat on Jax and pull when he tries to run. Maybe I haven't been playing against really good Jaxes, but I dunno. And while Jax out DPSes him, he doesn't get out of the ult dunk zone with it (especially not with the AS slow).

Goronok

09-24-2012

I dunno, when it comes to Darius, I just kill him, that's my solution to that. Well, if you build glass cannon with life steal you can, anyway. It's rough early, but generally doable, especially if you defend your point and don't get too aggressive, and by 11 I'm usually shredding him to bits. He can't poke so I can abuse my tower for defense as needed.

That's the case with most melees, although a few can be very dangerous if they get an item advantage going. I've seen Talon get scary... Nasus... but whatever, as long as they don't have good poke you can always retreat to your tower... Morg and Cait have given me the most trouble, although I can see a really good Ryze giving me trouble... a really good Lux can be a pain... oh man, a good LB can be impossible.

lDominate

09-24-2012

Pantheon

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

lee singa

hinderlopen

09-26-2012

So apparently i'm the only one here who's played ziggs vs jax, which is really really easy as long as you just try to stalemate. Rush athene's for mana and then rylai's for safety and you're all set to afk clear waves. The best thing jax can do at this point is swap, because he'll have no pressure on you and you'll just both be farming for 20-30 minutes. You can go back to buy any time you have your ult, it stops the cap and kills all the minions giving you enough time to run back.

Most of this should apply to other casters who outrange jax, like zyra, gragas, and morgana. Be content with clearing waves and being able to outpush/kill anyone other than jax.

GrignardTS

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
The best thing jax can do at this point is swap, because he'll have no pressure on you and you'll just both be farming for 20-30 minutes. You can go back to buy any time you have your ult, it stops the cap and kills all the minions giving you enough time to run back.
Well, not really. This 'best thing' jax is doing is way better than what you are.

There is nothing scarier than a fully farmed bottom jax switching top at ~20m

Orphane

09-26-2012

Jax loves stalemate lanes where he gets to safely farm minions. 15 minutes later you'll wonder why Jax walks through/jumps over all of your abilities, towerdives you and bursts you down in 4 seconds, and walks away laughing with upwards of 70% health remaining. Get someone to gank at that time period? Hell, Jax probably kills the guy.

Aroyok

09-27-2012

AP Casters tend to do well vs Jax, but really, I think it comes down to how you play. You have to realize what Jax's kit does. If you stand around trying to go toe to toe with Jax, you're feeding into his passive which will get you melted while he uber heals from Lifesteal and Spell Vamp. A general tactic vs Jax is to kite him. Do something to bait his gap-close, which will probably also bait his stun. If he misses his stun then he's probably going to lose the damage exchange. Good luck once he finishes Bildgewater though