Matchmaking System Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lae

09-25-2012

Okay so, I kinda thought it would be cool if the matchmaking system let us pick our roles before joining the queue and then it would match all the players with the different roles to form a complete team with all the required laners as to avoid all the fighting over the lanes and who gets to play what during the champion selection. Here's a rough example to help you understand what I'm saying better:
Play> Classic> Summoner’s Rift> Solo(of course this will apply to all Classic Modes, it’s useless in Dominion anyway)

[POP-UP WINDOW] “Please pick a role and lane:
• Support/Tank
• AD Carry
• AP Carry
• Fighter (players who go top like Renekton, couldn’t think of a better name for this one XD)
• Jungler
• Random (if you don’t have a specific role in mind and will play whatever a team needs)

• Bot
• Mid
• Random (like before, if you don’t have a specific lane in mind)
(you can’t tick these if you picked Jungler)”

And if you’re a premade team of 2-4 people, after the owner of the game presses Start the same window appears and you each pick your role and lane and it would still find you other people who have picked what you’re missing from your team.

I’m guessing it would be more convenient if this feature was disabled for teams of 5 people since they will have probably already decided what they all want to play.

And then in Champion Selection, next to everyone’s name or whatever it would display their role and lane e.g: AD CARRY/BOT, AP CARRY/MID, RANDOM/RANDOM so we all know what everyone has chosen.

This is by far not perfected and could use a lot more work but it’s just the basic idea of it XD

Nikitis

09-25-2012

Indeed that's a really good idea it would help a lot!!

Dark Phoenix 94

09-25-2012

ur idea will work great with my ranked system witch is not perfect and still in work...http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post29611439
with ur system is only one problem how many player will want to play support....

Nikitis

09-25-2012

well they can make the 10% of the (random lane) players to be support just in that case

quitlolnowplz

09-25-2012

downvote for advertising in everyones threads

Goretusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

This is a good idea that has been humored a bit by alot of people, although this wouldnt particularly work, and the reason why is because this is only good for the meta right now, the meta hasnt always been this way and not all games even follow the metagame right now, some games run duo mid top or solo bot double jungle can be a thing, this system leaves no room for this differentiation.

Dane Belthound

09-25-2012

problem is this would make matchmaking much longer.

Lovefall

09-25-2012

Nice idea, check this too : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2608074
GL

jshepp

09-26-2012

Nifty idea, but I don't think this will ever happen, nor should it. Riot shouldn't instantly subscribe to the current metagame by "forcing" people to play by it. That's how games become stale.

Mack7n

09-27-2012

To throw a small twist on this, as WoW does with their Queue system. We all know that Support classes would be the lesser chosen class than the others. So, give them a small boost. In the case of WoW.... say a Tank (the lesser chosen role in WoW for randoms) get's extra Gold for being a tank. Well... have it so whatever the lesser role is (Support) get's a bonus XP/IP for being that role. This would push more people to play support classes. I for one, love being a support class. My 2 favorite Characters are Karma & Orianna.

Your idea of picking your role before joining Randoms is great. I've been into too many Randoms, where everyone is a Mage, or everyone is a tank, and we have no Mid Laners, or Junglers. If we had your system added, we'd have a much better variety of Champions per game, and it would give people a better feeling of playing Organized Ranked games in the end.