Bug - 7 Bugs

1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urdnot Entar

09-23-2012

NOTE: More than 7 bugs, forum bug won't let me update title anymore.
I have a bunch of bugs to report (and I'm trying to continually update this topic as I find more) that I've noticed lately, 22 in-game and 6 in the launcher, many of which are pretty game-breaking. I should also note that these are not isolated occurrences; I have seen each of these a few times or more. Some of these don't have solid steps for how to reproduce them (though do read the descriptions, because some include them), because they seem to show up pretty randomly and just once at a time. I hope that the Riot folks will keep an eye out for them so that they may eventually get fixed - and a Riot post in this topic would be nice too

I should also note that this thread has been going for quite a while, so a few of these may be fixed by now.

I have updated the list with italics to mark bugs that are pretty easy to reproduce.

In-Game:

• No Damage from Spells - multiple times I have noticed that spells occasionally just don't apply any damage to things they hit. I've seen it with Gragas' ultimate a few times, and just recently me and a teammate were both hit by Master Yi's Alpha Strike (clearly shown by the animation) and we both took no damage. When it happened to me with Gragas' ultimate, the target was still knocked back, but took no damage. Again, no spell immunity of any kind, to my recollection. UPDATE: This happened again when I was hit directly by Ezreal's ult and took no damage. A person I was playing with said that that happens with Ezreal's ult often. UPDATE: Seen this twice over the last couple of days, once with Cho'Gath's ultimate (went on cooldown, made the particle effects and sound, no damage) and once with his Q (direct hit, middle of the circle, no pop-up, no damage). UPDATE: Right out of a pro game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymKRd6MKtQ&t=25m53s UPDATE: Just saw this again with Lissandra's Q.
  • No Damage from Auto Attacks if you start walking too soon - Several times lately I've seen an issue where if you fire and then start walking (and cancel your auto attacking) before your projectile hits, it will not count for damage. UPDATE: They said this was fixed, but it has reappeared, not fixed.
  • Walking instead of casting - Myself, as well as some others I play with, have noticed on multiple occasions that when casting a spell on a target, instead of casting when in range, our champions sometimes just walk to the place where the target champion is, and don't cast until we give more commands to correct it. UPDATE: I have a theory that this may (at least in some cases) due to the bug described elsewhere in this post where range indicators are wrong, so characters have to walk even though they appear to be in range.
  • Clicking a little bit into a wall can walk to other side - Basically, clicking just barely into a wall can send your character moving to the far other side of that wall. This has gotten me killed when running away with low health.
  • Blitzcrank Grab Bug - a couple of times I've tried to grab someone with Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab and the hand just sticks to the person, instead of grabbing them (sort of like it does with the Dragon). I'm pretty certain they didn't have Banshee's Veil or a spell for spell immunity, nor other competing effects such as Thresh's chain. UPDATE: Now with video evidence! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKpazyflv38
  • Various circle areas are wrong - One example: Cho'Gath's circle after clicking is bigger than it should be, and things inside it but near the edges are often unaffected. As I recall, the circle after clicking is bigger than the circle shown before clicking. This also applies to range indicators - many times, I have used targeted spells such as Warwick's Q while the target was clearly within range, but he has to get closer before casting. Also, Ashe's Volley arrows go further than her range indicator suggests.
  • Singed (+ Volibear) throws sideways - Singed often throws enemies sideways, instead of behind him. I remember it happened a few different times during a game a while back (though not always), so it's probably pretty easy to reproduce. As I recall, this generally happened while both heroes were moving, and I think perhaps the one who was thrown moved to the side sometimes? Just try the typical scenarios with Singed and I'm sure it will show up UPDATE: Just saw this happen with Volibear's throw as well, very clearly.
  • Enemy store accessible on TT - On Twisted Treeline, you can click on the opposing team's store and it will open the store menu (though you can't buy from it). This can be a pretty nasty interruption if you're fighting in the other team's base.
  • Wrong way after flash - A few times I've gotten killed because, as I'm running away with low health, I flash and then my hero decides to turn around, I think to start attacking a nearby minion or hero. NOT COOL. UPDATE: Confirmed, after flash he loses his destination and if he's near a minion, he will turn around and attack it (because he has nothing else to do).
  • Mini-map glitches - Lately I've been seeing enemy players showing up for a half-second on the mini-map where they are not actually located, and sometimes where we don't have any sight. UPDATE: They said this was fixed, but it has reappeared, not fixed.
  • Dragon debuff immunity is wrong - According to the tooltip for the Dragon's buff, he is immune to disabling debuffs, but Corki's armor shred (E) does not apply a debuff to him, despite not being a disabling debuff. Either the functionality needs to be corrected, or the tooltip needs to be clarified.
  • Hotkey display is missing after switching to smartcast - After switching to smart cast, the hotkey displays in the tooltips are missing, just showing [].
  • Projectiles don't show out of bushes - When (for example) Nidalee throws a spear out of a bush, the spear does not become visible immediately after leaving the bush, but a bit after. This means that someone can get hit by a spear without ever seeing it coming, when they really should see it.
  • Corki's missiles explode early - Occasionally, I've seen Corki's ultimate missiles explode early, before hitting anything. While it does not happen often, it can cost kills, and is game breaking when it happens. (It's possible this was just bad lag, I suppose).
  • Health pack on TT gives 3 gold with altar - Apparently the health pack in the middle of Twisted Treeline is counted as a minion, because you get 3 gold for "killing" it.
  • No Damage from projectiles after death - If a projectile hits after the shooter dies, it generally does not do damage. Easiest way to test this one is to kill a tower just after hit fires a shot, and the target will not take damage. I also just saw this happen with Vayne, which would have killed the target if not for her shot... not doing any damage
  • Clicking is just screwy - Before you say this is just a noob rationalizing his own mistakes, I've had this reported by multiple people, several times, and I've been watching my cursor when I clicked. I simply click on one thing and target another. It may be due to lag or just big hitboxes or something, but it's really annoying. Just cost me a game, in fact.
  • Ability tooltips and names get messed up in game from time to time (see attachment). In the example shown, the tooltip box popped up when I moused over Vayne's ability, but no text displayed.
  • Actual backwards projectiles - Basically, you throw a projectile one direction, but it flies a completely different direction, usually backwards. This has been reported elsewhere, but I just saw it last night with Draven's ultimate. See: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...9-900-1118.jpg
  • Backwards projectile animations - Once in a while, the animations from certain projectiles (observed with Nidalee spear and Ashe's ult arrow) will show the animation flying the opposite direction, which makes them very hard to dodge in some cases.

Launcher:
  • Missing Heroes - Every once in a while when I view the champions in Profile -> Champions, many of them are missing until I put some random text in the search bar so that none show up, then remove it. After that, all champions are visible again.
  • (Minor) Profile Icons in invite dialog are wrong - Profile icons of friends in the list during the game invite dialog often show other profile icons, besides the correct one.
  • Wrong graph stats - Various figures in the graphs after a match are often incorrect. This is most noticeable in the Healing Done graphs.
  • Wrong Profile Stats - Very often when I view my profile then view another person's profile, my stats overview (takedowns, minion kills, wins) will show up instead of his.
  • Can't quit while disconnected - If I try to quit the LoL launcher when my connection to the server is lost, it sits trying to retrieve data from the server before it quits (which, of course, is impossible).
  • Character pop-up persists outside of champion selection - This one is easy to reproduce, as I recall: just be hovering over a portrait so a big character art pop-up shows, and then have someone else dodge the queue. Another report (with screenshot): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3242728

Forum:
  • Tried to edit the topic title, and it didn't actually show the change in the topic name or in the forum topic list. It worked the last time I changed it, but not this time. However, when I go to edit it again, the title shown in the editing box is changed.
  • When I search for "7 bugs" to find this topic, it only ends up searching for "bugs" which doesn't help me a whole lot in this forum.

Weird Design Issues:
  • Jungle monsters targeting - After the big season 3 patch, which included changes to the jungle monsters, champions can attack monsters and get them to attack the other team. This has gotten me killed before - was running away past some creeps, a skill shot missed me and hit the creeps, and the creeps finished me off. This is very easy to reproduce; just stand next to some creeps, get a ranged enemy character to attack or use an ability and watch them attack you. My proposed fix would be to have the monsters only attack heroes on the team that originally attacked them. I know this is more of a design thing, but it just doesn't make sense, and seems like an additional side effect to just making monsters non-leashable.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, and my in-game ping usually shows around 50ms. Hope this helps. League of Legends is a very good game with some unfortunate issues; I'm just trying to help make it great!

In case anyone is interested, there's another topic with a whole other set of bugs that someone is maintaining: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3606710

Fixed(?) bugs: (either confirmed or I haven't seen them in a long time)
  • Mouse / Window bug on match start - On occasion, my mouse will be stuck in a small rectangle at the bottom right corner of the screen. When I move the mouse to the top or left side of the rectangle, it moves the camera as if it actually got to the top or side of the screen. I have to alt+tab out and back in to make it work properly again.
  • Broken brush in bottom lane - There's one spot in the bottom brush in bottom lane where a person can stand in the bush, but not be seen by other people in the brush. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAuXNoazZI
  • Incorrect "Ranked" Text - The pop-up text for people in my friends list shows "(Ranked)" after their wins, even if the number is not ranked wins - one person I know is level 22, and shows they have a bunch of ranked wins...
  • Aegis Cooldown? - To my knowledge, I don't think Aegis of the Legion should have a cooldown on the buff... it was also stuck that way, not changing (see attachment).
  • Bonus Bug - Passive buff sometimes shows the wrong tooltip on mouse-over. I usually notice it on Gragas, when I go to look how much health he regains after using a spell, and it shows something about a different buff, or instead of showing the passive description of Happy Hour, it shows the actual buff, saying "Gragas is regaining health" or something like that
  • Wrong stats after reconnect - After reconnecting to a game, all kinds of things can be messed up. One (I think) common one is that the kill count is often wrong (see attachments for example).
  • Zyra's passive triggers on Guardian Angel death - (Reported by someone else) Apparently, Zyra can fire her last missile while she's temporarily dead with Guardian Angel reviving her. This one was reported by a friend, though I have not experienced it personally (I don't really play Zyra at time of this writing).
  • "Champion taken" message - This has been posted elsewhere, but I figured I'd include it since I've seen it too. Sometimes when I pick an available champion, a message will pop up saying that it's taken already, but I'll get the champion anyway.

Edit: Oh goody, all my images are gone.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoLBug11.jpg (247.9 KB, 107 views)

Urdnot Entar

09-24-2012

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, since I feel like it's fairly important.

One question though, would it have been better for me to post these as separate topics, or as one topic?

The Mochi

09-25-2012

I can definitely confirm the two Launcher bugs, as well as the last gameplay bug.

Hope these get fixed soon! The launcher bugs are more annoying than anything else but gameplay bugs suck.

Gondul

09-25-2012

The wrong profile stats one is extremely common for me (and annoying) and I've seen multiple posts about the backwards projectile bug.

I haven't seen the Blitzcrank bug, but I'd assume it looks similar to Ezreal breaking the pull with his Arcane Shift (e). Do you have any recordings or methods to replicate this bug? Or with the damage negligence from spells/abilities?

Khaydarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

I've had the Mouse/Window bug happen to me as well as the spells not going off and my champ going to hug everybody. Also the launcher bugs. I can confirm 4/7 bugs myself.

Urdnot Entar

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondul View Post
I haven't seen the Blitzcrank bug, but I'd assume it looks similar to Ezreal breaking the pull with his Arcane Shift (e). Do you have any recordings or methods to replicate this bug? Or with the damage negligence from spells/abilities?
I don't think there was any ability being used at the time - I even remember the ranged carry in my lane commenting on how weird it was. I haven't been recording my games, so unfortunately I don't have a replay to show it.

There's also another bug I've noticed (will edit original post to include) where the passive buff shows the wrong tooltip on mouse-over. I usually notice it on Gragas, when I go to look how much health he regains after using a spell, and it shows something about a different buff, or instead of showing the passive description of Happy Hour, it shows the actual buff, saying "Gragas is regaining health" or something like that.

Urdnot Entar

09-29-2012

I'm back with more bugs (I will update original post with attachments)!

• Ability tooltips and names get messed up in game from time to time.
  • To my knowledge, I don't think Aegis of the Legion should have a cooldown on the buff... it was also stuck that way, not changing.

HAVE A CHILL DAY

09-29-2012

I used to get quite a few of these too when I was playing on my laptop. Not anymore now that I have a tower.

Urdnot Entar

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVE A CHILL DAY View Post
I used to get quite a few of these too when I was playing on my laptop. Not anymore now that I have a tower.
I can see how that might make a difference for some of the cosmetic stuff like backwards projectile animations, but a lot of these seem like they'd take place on the server, right? And I would hope they'd be shooting to make the game work well on laptops too...

Pvt Piledriver

10-02-2012

I've seen the bug with skills casting and fizzling out. I saw it several times yesterday using Master Yi. I would ult and Q, Q's animation would show me jumping around, but no damage would be applied and I would find myself standing exactly where I had been. My target had not died mid-cast, blinked, or anything that could possibly interrupt it.

I saw it again today, this time happening to a bot Lux. Lux ulted, the spell fully cast, but applied no damage to anyone and nobody was marked with her passive.

1234511 ... 29