I'm enjoying Dominion far more than SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

09-23-2012

I have been fed up with all of the general rudeness, snowballing and just plain frustration from playing Normal, Draft and Ranked on SR. (About 1000 matches, and about 70 of ranked) So I decided to humor myself with some Dominion.

I don't think I will ever go back to SR now. Had a few games where we were losing, but we stuck to it and just worked as a team to win. I also haven't even encountered much trolling or anyone really talking to eachother negatively. Dominion just seems filled with respectable and skilled players.

I play for team fights. I play for dynamic and interesting outcomes. I feel like Dominion delivers on those 2 things far better than any other mode does. Individual score, from what I have noticed, doesn't seem to matter as much. What matters is just capturing points and denying the enemy team captures. People on SR seem to only care about personal score, ksing, the meta etc.,

Dominion just got it's newest player, RadioAaron. I'd love to play with some of you guys sometime!

HaIfhearted

09-23-2012

Heh, glad you are enjoying Dominion!

If you haven't already, come check out the in-game DominateDominion chatroom.
Lot of other Dominion players hang there, and there are some pretty chill guys.

Plus, there's a good bit of discussion about Dominion strategies/tactics because of the pooling of collective knowledge.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

There is a LOT of trolls in Dominion, but the matches are so fast paced and short enough that they don't have time to get to you most times. Not to be a downer, but the more you play, the more you'll see it's frustrating underbelly. Having said that, have fun, I still do and Dominion is really all I play.

lonewanderer118

09-24-2012

The low ELO matches are the worst because a lot of the people from SR who don't know how Dominion works and don't take it seriously are found there. Once you push through that, it gets much better since you play with actual Dominion players.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer118 View Post
The low ELO matches are the worst because a lot of the people from SR who don't know how Dominion works and don't take it seriously are found there. Once you push through that, it gets much better since you play with actual Dominion players.
this, if you raise your hidden Elo (+8 wins should suffice) , then you'll have a great experience here n_n.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

Trolls are worse here IMO.

Mainly because of the lack of mainstreamed information. So you'll have trolls who troll just to piss people off and then you have the ones that really think they're right by using SR items/tactics and will not take honest advice.

However, the community in general is much better than SR.

DaRatmastah

09-24-2012

I would advise hopping in the DominateDominion chat room and duo queueing with someone for a bit so you can get enough wins under your belt to get out of troll-land, and also so you can learn some more about the game =)

Warrrrax

09-24-2012

The greatest thing about Dominion is that you don't have to suffer long.

You get a bad team, you lose pretty quickly. You can even run around looking for 1v1s and try strategies and stuff. But you get 5 capped and lose fast.

In SR, you suffer forever. You are 3 and 17 with AP Caitlyn and company and the game NEVER ENDS. Enemy enjoys punishing you by slaughtering everyone repeatedly in your own jungle, wont push, and OF COURSE your team never surrenders. The baddies never do.

Every time I play SR, I usually get punished for it and swear to stick to Dominion.

Infirc

09-24-2012

Welcome!!, everything about the chat and the guides has been said, that said, Welcome to Dominion, i hope (and know) you'lll have great and epic experiences here !!

inuyashian

09-24-2012

Ya I just started and it is definitely more my pace and I like to jump right into the action, doubt I will be going back anytime soon. Riot did well making this addition to the game.