Season Two World Championship Format

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cruentum

09-21-2012

Sorry, i am a bit confused, I thought it was supposed to be 3 million dollars as the prize pool for the World Championships? Or at least that's what announcement post said:

Quote:
On October 13, 2012, Riot Games will host the thrilling conclusion of our $5 million season in Los Angeles, California. With half of Season Two already in the books and numerous viewership records broken, the best players from North America, Europe, China, Korea and the Rest of Asia are all preparing for their respective Regional Finals. Over the course of this epic tournament series, top teams from each region will clash for the right to advance to the World Championship in Los Angeles, where the winner will bring home the lion’s share of a $3 million combined prize pool – the biggest payday in eSports history!

Mnxanr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ein Sof Aur View Post
Sorry, i am a bit confused, I thought it was supposed to be 3 million dollars as the prize pool for the World Championships? Or at least that's what announcement post said:
That's what a prize pool is... it's the total amount, not the grand prize.

Nintura

09-21-2012

I think that was $3 mil from the start of the season. $2 mil for the world championships.

Cruentum

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
That's what a prize pool is... it's the total amount, not the grand prize.
But there is only 2 million in the current world championship prize pool and only around $350,000 over the regionals. In other words, out of the 5 million dollar prize pool about a million is mia.

Tai Ni Dong

09-21-2012

Taipei skips group stage over Frost? Something tells me this format is kinda retarded for such an important tournament....

Mnxanr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ein Sof Aur View Post
But there is only 2 million in the current world championship prize pool and only around $350,000 over the regionals. In other words, out of the 5 million dollar prize pool about a million is mia.
Oh that, well, perhaps they're taking into consideration IPL or MLG, or other events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenMacGroin View Post
Taipei skips group stage over Frost? Something tells me this format is kinda retarded for such an important tournament....
Regardless of which teams got the Bye (despite the fact that I agree with what you said), this format sucks.

Galladrim

09-21-2012

Feel really sorry for Azuba, I'd be kind of ticked off if I was them. Riot should have had a bit more foresight when it came to working out the composition of the world championships. Something to learn for next Season I think.

M5 FTW.

Junigenmukyoku

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenMacGroin View Post

That's because they used a lottery to decide the 4 teams who would skip and Frost was the unlucky one. I know it sounds stupid considering it's supposed to be a competitive event among the world's best teams, but that's what Riot did for some reason and I don't know why.

BigDmac

Recruiter

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola View Post
I have a lot of respect for every team in the list of competitors, but I would be very surprised if anyone besides Frost and IG get out of group A, and anyone but CLG Eu, and Najin Sword get out of Group B. Sorry NA :/ I think we are out of our league in this tourney besides TSM whom I think can get top 3.
Yup sadly thats where i place TSM as well, Top 3. Would be nice to see them win it all, but im just not feelin it.

Mayuri

09-21-2012

Hi Riot,

I can't get a reply anywhere... I have tried for dozens of hours and no one has replied..

I really want to go to the world championship at USC. I was off by one day to muster enough money for a 200-level ticket..
If you can let me know if there will be any more tickets on sale, please tell me yes or no!