RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Last Exile

09-21-2012

Riot Games is a great company but I'm not impressed with how the champions all cost 6300 IP. If there is anything that players truly want its cheaper champions (IP). Well, on a personal level, i think it would be nice if Nidalee got some love. Her model/animations are old and probably the blockiest looking in the game. Her picture hasnt changed at all (not that I mind, the new tryn picture is not to my tastes) and she hasnt seen a new skin in... well, a long time. No more teemo skins!

Edit: I have spent a lot of money on RP over the years but only rarely have I purchased champions with them. Usually when I did it was a double bundle or something like that. I believe that I have only actually bought a champion with riot points once, maybe twice after two years of playing this game. The vast majority of my riot points goes into buying new skins; I love the different looks the champions can have and I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to kog maw skins. I think I own 3 or 4 of them which goes against my policy of only buying one skin per champion. But hey, better skins keep coming out! I'm not an addict... I swear! Just one more skin... My point with this edit is to reinforce the view that most players don't actually buy champions with rp. I could be wrong of course, only Riot Games has access to the demographics but most of my friends spend riot points on skins and only rarely on champions. Therefore this RP reduction, which might end up in a few more players buying the champion and making riot money (this is good, Riot is a business afterall) doesnt have quite as great an effect as the promoters of it thought it would. I had the thought a long time ago that for every 6300 point champion that comes out from now on, the oldest 6300 point champion gets reduced in price. Or the oldest 3150 point champion or etc. Unfortuneatly either no one read my post or nobody cared. I would ask that everyone who objects to this post by Riot Games do so politely; Riot Games is still an amazing company thats built a (mostly) free game for us all to play.

Vynlovanth

09-21-2012

Didn't know anyone actually spent on RP on older champions. Thought I would get Kass or Rammus for 1350 IP.

Gentle08

09-21-2012

If riot expects us to be happy about how low the reductions are... this is really sad. How can they think we are that stupid to grovel at their feet for a 100rp reduction

Vapeurs

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8jakers View Post
i just bought swain with RP just over a week ago, i heard they give the difference back. is that true?
Traditionally, only for IP reductions. As in, if you bought swain for 6300 IP and they lowered him to 4800 IP the next day, you would get the difference. I've nvr heard of them giving the difference for RP reductions, but then again, RP reductions are pretty rare, so I may be proven wrong.

DuelyDeciesive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2012

Now this is just plain sad...

Mathaios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Pathetic

Zoser

09-21-2012

I'm broke on RP.. IP reduce plz?

3ofSpades

09-21-2012

best sale in the world

These shtty sales the past month makes me not want to buy anymore RP... ever

Naggot

09-21-2012

I thought they would never do IP reductions anymore considering that it wasn't announced for around 3 months or more, now I can be really sure of that.
Fail announcement.

Bacardi

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If you’ve got some RP in the bank, you’ll be pleased to know that we’re slashing RP costs on Swain, Trundle, Rammus, and Kassadin.
More like "gently rubbing".