Hextech Revolver On Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draehl

09-16-2010

I was looking at some of the options and this one doesn't seem all that bad. Compared to Haunting Guise it has way more ability power and the spellvamp. Sure, HG has health, but the spell pen seems almost wasted early game as it doesn't help you farm in the least, and early game kill opportunities (for me at least) don't seem to come incredibly often.

Maybe I'm just not up to snuff on him yet, but I tend to have trouble keeping health up when running mid vs a lot of champs like Cho'gath, Anivia, Katarina (three I fought today)

Carados

09-16-2010

DFG is much better.

El Hebrew Hammer

09-16-2010

Hextech Revolver/Gunblade is rarely a good item on anyone

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoFoZem View Post
Hextech Revolver/Gunblade is rarely a good item on anyone
With the boosted stats, it actually gives alot.

Carados

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
With the boosted stats, it actually gives alot.
Of stats that aren't very good.

Pyros

09-16-2010

Gunblade is good for the champions that can use all the stats and it's a pretty good item overall for these champs, very cost efficient.

Revolver though, is pretty meh. It's ok, kinda, but I feel you're better off buying it later when it actually spellsteal a decent amount, or never and just get tanky items instead(for example a randuin's omen, gives armor and health, slows people attacking you, gives you another AE slow for after your pool). It's almost never gonna save you, it only delays your death a bit, and not at all if you get focused first heavily, it's good over time only, which Vlad doesn't really care about since you already can Transfusion to heal over time. Also apparently it's bugged on Vlad because of the Rylai balance thing on Transfusion, so it only drains as if it was an AE(so like 4%), until next patch. If they made will of the Ancients good, it'd be worth buying, but atm not really, it's not very good early game, and late you probably want a better item in the slot.

Craixis

09-16-2010

The Revolver is decent, it works well with your Q ability and builds up into the Will of the Ancients (that thing you never see), which makes your team slightly harder to kill by giving an AoE AP boost with spell vamp... (70 AP to yourself, 30 AP to allies, 15% spell vamp for 1965g... More AP then void staff for cheaper, but you don't get the epic 40% spell pen).

And Pyros, what's so bad about WotA... it's a nice AP boost to your team and grants some extra staying power. Then again, I never use it that often on other champions... I should look into that more, anywho... the best way to see if the item will work is to test it yourself, as you'll develop your own harass/farm/playing style which will determine whether or not you get the Hextech Revolver or roll with another item (like rushing Rylia's Scepter). If you like it, stick with it for a few builds, if it doesn't work... scrap it (just, do this in Normal or Practice games... in ranked they might chew you out, or you may never get to play Vlad)

Yana

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Of stats that aren't very good.
Since when aren't damage and AP good stats? Especially at a very cost efficient price?

It's great on heroes who can use both of them.

Anyway, if you're having trouble keeping health up, have you considered a visage? Basically gives you everything you want and need.

<Edit: I'm in error> ... okay, it would have been good except they went ahead and changed it from a great cheap earlygame regen item to some blah item with a really small health bonus.

Anyway, I'd suggest just stacking pots as opposed to buying an item which is so much more expensive. A giants belt is also pretty good.

TenebrousLuck

09-17-2010

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

10 mins later

HAHAHAHAHAheheheh heh he.

just no.

SilDi

09-17-2010

mejai rather.