Good Dominion Bot champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

09-18-2012

I play as Nasus because I'm silly.

Lvl100Pidgeot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

My favorite bottom lane champ is Kayle. Great duelist, can push hard, can defend a point 1v2 better than most.

This is at lowish elo though, no idea how she'd fare in other circumstances.

NavyGothic

09-18-2012

Nasus and Kayle are my two favourite bot laners, though I've been playing lots of Nunu lately, and he can be hilarious.

Kayle's a popular pick (with good reason!), but I've always found Nasus highly underrated. On a good matchup you can farm away with Q and bully them around, on a bad matchup you can just stalemate by wiping minion waves instantly from a safe distance. I wouldn't say he's top tier (no gap closer or hard CC hurts badly in some matchups), but very fun nonetheless.

Aroyok

09-18-2012

I've beaten a good Singed bot using AP Eve(silly team, don't you know that assassins are for not going bot?). Still though, I wouldn't recommend her as a main bot pick...she is slippery, but if the S hits the fan, you can't expect her to successfully hold her node against a lot of pressure.

Tri-force-kite-plank does decently at most stages of the game, can assist top without leaving bot, can poke people right out of lane, is difficult to catch due to his grog-blade and can escape CC minus displacements.

Skarner is surprisingly strong bot, and is actually a counterpick(or was at one point) to Yorick bot. The combination of his shield and the life gain on his E gives him pretty impressive sustain.

Tanky Bird Udyr is surprisingly effective, as his AD OR AP Volibear. They are tanky, deal respectable damage, can stop a wave and can survive many ganks.

I tried AP Hecarim bot(once). It got stomped all game till late game...then I started stomping him....if we were in a creep wave =V

There are TONS of champs that can bot lane, and TONS more if you try unusual builds...like Bruiser Lux and AD Malz. Experiment, winninate

RogueTechies

09-21-2012

I vastly prefer top, but if nobody else on the team is going bot at champ select, I usually go with Jayce, Riven, Maokai, Ezreal, or Lux. Jayce does everything, Riven is an awesome duelist, and Maokai, Ezreal, and Lux can stall points for stupidly long amounts of time and do a decent job of clearing creep waves.

As for less popular bot champs, CDR Brand is a lot stronger than advertised since his kit is good for pretty much anything and any less-than-perfect gank is going to die or at least take a lot of Pyroclasm damage. I also think Rumble and Gragas have some potential, but most of the top tier bot laners just eat them alive.

Glumduk

09-21-2012

Maokai is strong - stronger if you get a timely gank from your assassin friend. His CC usually means successful gank attempts.

Diana's pretty fun, but she has a hard time holding more than one tanky derp off her point late game. She also has a lot of difficulty if they happen to send a Garen bot lane.

I've had some success with Galio, though he's a counter-pick. Not really blind pick fare.

GrignardTS

09-21-2012

I like Caitlyn, Teemo, Orianna bottom.

Bottom is kind of annoying these days though. All you do is face Dianna, Jayce, and Darius on shuffle/repeat.

DaRatmastah

09-21-2012

Nunu and Nasus are my two favorite bot laners at the moment. Excellent sustain, good pushing, uber slows to escape/assist ganks with, and you can blind pick either of them into Yorick or AD Malz without much worry. Revive/Garrison, farm farm farm, and become immovable rocks in the lane. The number of lane switches you'll get with Nunu in particular as they try to counter you is quite amusing.

I want to start trying Caitlyn out at bot, I feel as though she has potential there with her range, Q, and traps. Not much in the way of escapes, though, which means I'd probably have to run revive/flash.

GrignardTS

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
I want to start trying Caitlyn out at bot, I feel as though she has potential there with her range, Q, and traps. Not much in the way of escapes, though, which means I'd probably have to run revive/flash.
She does have net. And if you are quick with traps, they can be used as well. And at the end of the day if they're all over you, just sit on your tower and farm waves with Q. Best ADC bot IMO.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Yorric, Nunu, Vlad, The-emo used to use Mord allot as well, Jayce ofc and sometimes Ms Fortune, Ash Jax or even Garen after his rework altho garen is a bid meh and depens allot on hp regen to sustain and can easily be pushed out by a pusher. Start with 2x regrowth and boots revive and heal sums , AD tank derp masterys 9-21-0 and rune page with Red+ Quints arp & Armor/lvl yellows and Mr/lvl blues core build Randuns +FoN + Ghostblade+ either cdr boots or merc/ninja boots as a counter to heavy cc/ap or auto attackers comps
This set up gives Garen high armor/mr 39% cdr and a ton of arp and noticable hp regen specialy if his passive kicks in , if the game lasts long enough you can build. an IE & or a Spirit Visage.
Surprisingly good vs derpius bot, heal bate ult with summoner heal + Elixir of Fortitude = cya'z for dardar