Idea to Fix/Help Solo/Duo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sign Of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

When ever I start a game in Solo/Duo Ranked. There is always people calling roles, as in Top, Mid, Jungle etc..
I think a great way to fix this, would be to have a Role select before you queue.
So say I click
"Play"
"PvP"
"Summoner's Rift 5v5"
"Ranked Solo/Duo Draft Pick"
"Select Role"
At this point you will have a thing pop up asking you to pick a role.
5 choices
Top,Jungle,Middle,ADCarry,Support
once you Select a role it will search for other players with other roles Selected.
So lets say I want to go Support.
I would check support than it will search for Top,Jungle,Middle, and ADCarry.
This way no more calling roles and people getting mad and trolling. So for Duo it would work the same. If I have a ADCarry that I can support it would search for the last 3 needed. (Top,Jungle,Middle) This way everyone gets to play the roles they want and not have to play the roles they don't want. No more being forced to play something. You get your choice.

I think this idea would be very good. So if you have anything to say please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks everyone.

Do It MT

09-21-2012

this is actually a good idea kinda like the wow dungeon system

Sign Of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do It MT View Post
this is actually a good idea kinda like the wow dungeon system
Yeah. Something like that.

Sign Of Hope

09-22-2012

Also by the way. I have thought more about this idea that I thought of. It probably wont happen. Reason being is because of how long it takes to even get into a game. My elo is bad so I get fast queues. But when my elo was 1650 it was taking a lot longer than it is now. So I guess around 1800 elo there queues are around 15mins or more just to wait and get into a game. So if they done something like this. It would take longer to get into queues. Mainly because a lot of people wont role supports. I know there's a lot of supports out there but in average there's a lot more of the other roles. So you would have to wait just to find a support.

SFG mAEtb0y

09-22-2012

So we're not allowed to break the meta now? Sounds fantastic.
I like the idea in theory, but it's kind of centric around the current meta and really discourages flexibility in team strategies.
Plus, as has been said, it would make queue times excessively long at higher elos.

Sign Of Hope

09-22-2012

It would still allow you to break meta. It would force you to play a support bot, as in Sona or Janna. You could still pick any champion. I don't understand how it is really discouraging with flexibility in team strategies. If they ever did anything like this. It wouldn't change anything other than stopping people from trolling/QQ during the champ select. No more of people jumping in calling roles and everyone else getting mad if they wanted that role. It doesn't change anything about the Meta or In game part. You can still break meta. So i'm lost on what you're talking about.

Sign Of Hope

10-03-2012

I take it no one else has a comment on this?

Spew

10-03-2012

It wouldent work, You would get the instalock ad carrys and the tops.. yawn