The Sovereign's Citadel (Ask Syndra)

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Syndra,

I would not pretend to understand you. I am not good with many of the mages and cannot fathom how a mage cannot understand a mage. 'Tis my lot in life, I suppose.

What I wish to ask is more in line with my talents with those who inflict physical harm. Most warriors who live long learn to always be prepared. Do you have any training to fall back on if your magic is neutralized?

On that note, if you wish to get a weapon to aid your battles, I just so happen to know a place in Piltover....

Sykper

09-20-2012

Godot walks in, holding a cup of coffee. He smiles and whistles as he appraises the architecture of the citadel, and bows gracefully as he comes to the presence of the Dark Sovereign.

Attachment 529374

"Ah, as soon as I had heard I had to make haste, greetings Dark Sovereign, I am Godot, a pleasure."

Godot says, grinning as he partakes of his coffee.

"...Oh of course I must inquire something shouldn't I? Right, I almost forgot, became mesmerized by the fine work and craftsmanship of this home of yours is. But, I digress, Lady Sovereign do you...like coffee?"

Emperor Titus

09-20-2012

How about a duel?

Archoness Syndra

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
Dear Syndra,

Do you ever get tired of playing with your balls?

Spitefully yours, Evelynn
Charming, succubus. Very charming. 'Spheres' would be the proper terminology, though I suppose in your line of work, 'balls' are all you can think of, hm? Widowmaker indeed. Or perhaps Homewrecker, given the tales I've heard of your past...transgressions.

At times, sometimes it becomes tiresome to merely keep an array of spheres about me. Though I am capable manifesting my power in other ways, the sphere is simply a force of habit. Symbolizing order, focus, control. All are aspects that I strive for. But yes, I grow weary of spheres at times. Cubes can be intriguing, as can pyramids. But then those are just shapes. The ways that I may use my power for amusement are limitless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald
Dark Sovereign,

I don't wish to understand you. Although I am incredibly impressed by your raw power and your efficiency in wielding it, you still cling so desperately to your flesh and hold yourself to a weak state of being. Would it not be beneficial for you to consider undergoing augmentation? Your power could be immensely recycled and refined through the process by which I attained my glorious evolution.

- Viktor, the Machine Herald
Fascinating, aren't you? Both man and machine, both aspects in harmony with one another...so far as I can tell at a glance. I cannot pretend that your offer does not interest me though. My Ionian kin may turn their backs on such technologies, but their ideals are nothing to me. I strive for power, and if your so called augmentations can assist me in this regard, then I would be likely to consider. Credentials would likely be in order as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltala
Dear Syndra,

Usual question, what is your breakfast of champions?

Paltala
I believe this question was answered in the first bout of insipid inquiries that the summoners tasked me with. Regardless, there is a certain tree in Ionia, a sacred tree, apparently. The fruit of that tree...truly 'divine'. I shall make plans to acquire it in due time. Its value is not lost on me, not at all. A centerpiece for the gardens on my citadel, perhaps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Malzaharr
"Dear Syndra

Could you please stop fiddling with my voidlings on the fields of justice ? I'm already having a hard time controlling them and keeping them steady.

Sincerely, Malzahar"
It's very hard to resist, Void Prophet. I've never seen your manner of sorcery before I came to the League, so it is only natural that I would wish to procure a sample. Such flighty, pesky creatures they are, no? Their unstable nature prevents me from managing to keep a hold on them though, most disappointingly. A sample of Void magic would mean a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig
Lady Syndra, where did you get your wonderful headdress? it's beautiful on someone with as much potential as you.

~Razmig
A real charmer, aren't we, summoner? I suppose it does look rather fetching, though some would have me believe otherwise. Regardless, it was one of the secrets I found that my mentor had squirreled away when I was under his tutelage. An artifact, apparently, from spellcasters of old. They say that the headdress was crafted by an ancient Ionian sorcerer, one who lay claim over much of the northern realms, subjugating many under his rule. It was a rule of peace and prosperity though, peace through his power...I feel humbled, in a sense, to bear this piece of Ionian history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn
Syndra,

It's a shame to see you like this. I remember running errands when I was younger, seeing you as a child and... Playing... With the children. I wonder what you would do with your magic, how you could have helped the world with your powers. However now I see you like this, more drunk on power than Gragas and Brolaf get drunk on their Graggy Ikes... Or whatever it is they call it.

Allow me to explain why I write this later. Grab a leaf, and poke a whole in the leaf with a small hook, then attach it to a cup. As you put a small coin into the cup you can see leaf holding onto the cup and what is stored in it. You can tell it is a strong, being able to hold so much, but you can see over time the more and more it gains, the more and more stressed and torn it becomes until it breaks and drops it's contents.

What I'm trying to say is this: be careful as to how much power you get, you think it is a blessing now, but soon you will not be able to hold it all, as the leaf cannot hold the cup and coins. Be wise, balance yourself, it would be a shame to see such potential as yours explode from the seams.

Sincerely,

Shen
...Eye of Twilight, you flatter me, in a sense, with your attention. Your concerns are not unfounded; many a mage I have read supposedly went mad with their power. The Magus, Xerath, is further proof of power corrupted by madness. I will not succumb so easily though. My goals could not go unfulfilled were I to lose my mind. I will keep this in mind, Eye of Twilight, though I cannot help but feel perturbed. I would not suspect an Ionian to express concern towards me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan
Syndra,

I would not pretend to understand you. I am not good with many of the mages and cannot fathom how a mage cannot understand a mage. 'Tis my lot in life, I suppose.

What I wish to ask is more in line with my talents with those who inflict physical harm. Most warriors who live long learn to always be prepared. Do you have any training to fall back on if your magic is neutralized?

On that note, if you wish to get a weapon to aid your battles, I just so happen to know a place in Piltover....
Such power as mine cannot be so easily defused, though I am not so helpless as you might think. A number of ritualistic 'stances' were taught to me, as a means of focusing the will and body. When the time calls though, these elegant maneuvers can become a deadly form of art. I find such physical combat beneath me though; I am content to obliterate my foes through force of will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper
Godot walks in, holding a cup of coffee. He smiles and whistles as he appraises the architecture of the citadel, and bows gracefully as he comes to the presence of the Dark Sovereign.

Attachment 529374

"Ah, as soon as I had heard I had to make haste, greetings Dark Sovereign, I am Godot, a pleasure."

Godot says, grinning as he partakes of his coffee.

"...Oh of course I must inquire something shouldn't I? Right, I almost forgot, became mesmerized by the fine work and craftsmanship of this home of yours is. But, I digress, Lady Sovereign do you...like coffee?"
Greetings to you as well, Godot. The welcome I have received so far is surprising, I must say. Such an odd menagerie of humans...

To answer your question though, yes, in fact. Coffee has been something of a comfort drink to me, though I was rather fond of it even before this citadel became mine. A sizable store lies somewhere deeper in the fortress, though many of the blends have been somewhat off. Those of the darker variety though...yes, they appeal to me to no end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great
How about a duel?
...you're kidding. You're kidding, right? So quick are those who would depose of their newest arrival. I have little time to frolic with aberrations, when I have only just arrived to survey this place. You would be so quick to judge me as a target?

Ask the Herald

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
Fascinating, aren't you? Both man and machine, both aspects in harmony with one another...so far as I can tell at a glance. I cannot pretend that your offer does not interest me though. My Ionian kin may turn their backs on such technologies, but their ideals are nothing to me. I strive for power, and if your so called augmentations can assist me in this regard, then I would be likely to consider. Credentials would likely be in order as well.
I suppose you could say that, Sovereign. However, I am more machine than man at the moment, as only 12.64% of my former flesh remains. In fact, I still posses an external layer of skin tissue that has been magically treated to not rot and fester due to my unique alterations. Were I to remove my current garments, the only sign that I had even undergone such heavy augmentation would be the scars running about at strategic points upon the visible flesh.

But I digress. It is refreshing to have one more who does not outright accuse me of being a monster, a soulless machine, a pathetic toy, or even a madman. I have a certain code of conduct I follow, despite my Zaunite heritage, and I can very much be a pleasantly sociable individual when necessary.

Having said all that, however, as your power seems to be centered around the manipulation of gravitational force, I must inquire: What is your opinion of my Gravity Field?

Heil Teemo

09-20-2012

Quote:
Charming, succubus. Very charming. 'Spheres' would be the proper terminology, though I suppose in your line of work, 'balls' are all you can think of, hm? Widowmaker indeed. Or perhaps Homewrecker, given the tales I've heard of your past...transgressions.

At times, sometimes it becomes tiresome to merely keep an array of spheres about me. Though I am capable manifesting my power in other ways, the sphere is simply a force of habit. Symbolizing order, focus, control. All are aspects that I strive for. But yes, I grow weary of spheres at times. Cubes can be intriguing, as can pyramids. But then those are just shapes. The ways that I may use my power for amusement are limitless.
Your sense of humor is better than I expected. After all, you self-professed tyrants are usually so severe.

But your reply drums up a unique question: What other shapes can you make? Rhomboids? Parallelograms? Scale replicas of yourself?

Razie

09-20-2012

A charmer? I didn't realize complimenting a beautiful lady made me a charmer. HehTell me, do you have servants in your castle?

benjimenfire

09-20-2012

out of one of syndra's spheres gerald rises
"hello there lady syndra" he says politely
he bows

Ask Mad Chemist

09-20-2012

Would you be interested on increasing the limits of your magical power trough potions?
What is your opinion of Zaun and his denizens?
-Signed Singed.

Ask Malzaharr

09-20-2012

Quote:
It's very hard to resist, Void Prophet. I've never seen your manner of sorcery before I came to the League, so it is only natural that I would wish to procure a sample. Such flighty, pesky creatures they are, no? Their unstable nature prevents me from managing to keep a hold on them though, most disappointingly. A sample of Void magic would mean a great deal.
"The void cannot share it's powers to those who have no faith in it, especially people like you.

But nonetheless, what do you think of becoming after reaching the limit of your powers ?"

12345612 ... 19