Update on Dropped Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InstinctsKill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

This...makes me really happy.

BooBoo da Foo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

i lost elo cuase everybody in my game dced and the whole enemy team reconnected 10 mins in the game and i also reconnceted at that time, we were all lvl 1 except one on there team connected sooner than everybody else and she was lvl 7 while we were 1 -_- anyways there whole team reconnected and only 1 person on my team reconnected so it was a 2v5 throughout the rest of the game and i lost elo for it, idk about you but i will be extremely pissed if i dont get a loss forgiven for that one.....

splitatk

09-20-2012

thanks, you guys are great

A Swarm of Koala

09-20-2012

So Bellissimoh, what's it like, posting a thread that's about to become the most upvoted thread ever?
Also curious, how many people got banned? Just a rough estimate.
Oh, and is the ban permanent? I certainly hope so, those jerks don't deserve any leniency.

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
2 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershot View Post
Yay, Riot got rid of LoLDrop. Never been dropped myself, but thank gosh it's gone.

EDIT: Oh, would you mind explaining why you couldn't reconnect?
Basically, the game servers expected that if every one gets disconnected from a game, we didnt care about the results. We changed this behavior so that the game expects that people want every game instead.

Satou

09-20-2012

Is this at all related to the current problem I have?

It started with a game not loading properly, where I (and apparently everyone else from either team) was stuck at a blank loading screen and an error message about a firewall. After finally getting in, none of us could move, and if we could it was seriously delayed, riddled with "Attempts to reconnect."

Now every time I try to log in, for the past 2 hours, I get the error message about being unable to connect to the server and the help link takes me to a firewall/ISP help page.

I realize that university internet is unstable, but this sort of thing has never happened before. Random 1500ms ping spikes are normal for me and completely at my ISP's fault. This is an abnormality. I've tried multiple client and computer restarts with no luck, but nothing further. Any suggestions?

JumboJubah

09-20-2012

Was this the first time Riots ever encounter something like this on a wide scale? Or has this happened maybe once or twice just not on this level? Just curious how often you guys deal with this. :0

jebroni

09-20-2012

As a software engineer, I can say that defending against a ddos is extremely hard if not near impossible. So I appreciate your efforts you guys put into this to mitigate the dropping!

wasdff

09-20-2012

RP compensation wHERE?

Duke Br0heimer

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissimoh View Post
We have taken steps to identify these attackers and remove them from our service permanently. Additionally we are pursuing legal avenues and working with the proper authorities.
Do you know how satisfying it is to hear that?

Those sacks of shit will be in for a nice surprise, and it makes my day.