Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Nuclear Waffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

I'm a little confused. It says Warwick slipped a dagger between her ribs, but then it really doesn't talk about her wounds any and she is mortal now so it would probably of killed her if it was by her heart. A little clarification there would be nice.

(thats for soraka's story)

ddaimyo

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Charlès View Post
I'm a little confused. It says Warwick slipped a dagger between her ribs, but then it really doesn't talk about her wounds any and she is mortal now so it would probably of killed her if it was by her heart. A little clarification there would be nice.

(thats for soraka's story)
She has a heal =P

Zerglinator

09-18-2012

I approve.

Question time!

What does Soraka think of Yordles?
What does Warwick think of Yordles?
Who was Warwick's fake dead wife?
What does Karma think of Soraka?
DId Viktor or Dr. Mundo ever employ Warwick?
How hard can it be to get the blood of Soraka off the Fields of Justice? Doesn't he see her, like, every day?
Does Singed's concoction for Warwick have any relation to his Insanity Potion?
Is that a horn growing out of Soraka's head, or is she just happy to see me?
Are Balefire dire wolves the wolves we see in the Twisted Treeline?
And finally, what do the voices of the stars sound like?

Yeah, it's a wall of questions, but you threw two lores at me at the same time.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

All right. So I re-read their original bios in addition to these new ones, and I think that they are improved, and they tell a fine story...however...

One of my favorite aspects of their original story was how Warwick's savage, bestial nature was actually even more fitting for him. There was a lot of delicious irony in that little twist, and it gave a lot of clarity to Warwick's character. This new character for Warwick is a little too vague, and it seems to hint that a lot of his savagery is based on the animal nature infused by his chemical toxins, rather than an original character trait. To me, it suggests that any random thug who took this chemical toxin would become Warwick, rather than that this is Warwick's true form. I would recommend shining a little more light on how Warwick was always a savage, brutal monster ("Exhilarated, he immediately began testing his newfound power" does that well), and backing off a little from the notion that this would all go away if he had Soraka's blood ("Each day his instincts became sharper, but his human half slipped further away").

I just like it when the homicidal evil killing machines are fully aware of what they are. I know that there's still the prospect that when he gets Soraka's blood, he would still be evil and powerful, but smarter, but there's some undertone in the lore that seems to imply "Oh, he's just a bloodthirsty monster because the potion made him that way, don't be too harsh on him." I liked it when he was an all-out monster..

P.S. : I guess I fail at AMAs? There was no question in there.

Oot

09-18-2012

If Warwick stabbed Soraka with his knife, how did he not have celestial blood? Did he drop it after being attacked?

Ragnar Draconus

09-18-2012

I honestly like Warwick's original backstory better. The idea of fim being a master war-chemist and wrecking havoc upon Ionia had a real synergy with the beast that he eventually transformed into. However, I do like the idea of having one of Singed's potions causing the transformation, as Soraka's previous involvement always seemed a little questionable.

Just my 2 cents

Jeorg

09-18-2012

Does this mean Karma's lore, specifically her league judgment, is no longer canon?

Vanblod

09-18-2012

Big undertaking about changing the lore, seeing how the two characters are a big deal in other lore stories. Namely the Ionian conflict, will their be a major revision of this event to reflect the new bios of the two; or is Singed just replacing Warwick as the master evil dude for the entire thing?

rift chicken

09-18-2012

im confused.... in warwicks story he failed to get the blood but in soraka's he succeeded. does soraka's story happen after warwick turned, or how did he fail in his backstory?

Tenebrae Corvus

09-18-2012

Very nice, the new lore has a lot of potential; good job.

By the way, as mentioned before: in Soraka's lore Warwick stabs her and she bleeds but in his lore he doesn't have access to her blood. What happened to the blood drenched blade and the blood that Soraka surely lost due to the injury? The situation created is quite unclear and confusing.

Besides, what happens with their involvement in the Ionian War?

12345612 ... 33