((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskBloodWizard

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltala View Post
((Wrong smurf?))
(( ARGH, yes. ))

Kiang Li

09-16-2012

There is part of the Archives in the map. It shows that the door leads to a larger chamber, a connection to this small, well-lit haven. But then it comes to my attention that the chamber is not shaped like the typical chamber; it looks like a large, star-like figure. It lies on the door on my right. I walk there and carefully open the door, trying my best not to let the door make a sound as I turn the knob. It springs open slightly, showing me a well-lit hall, lit with torches, on the inside, but it made no sound otherwise. I open it, and then a creaking sound follows.

Creeeaaak...

The door presents me to a narrow corridor with a wall in the distance, probably a turn. I take one of the torches from the wall, finding that the light further is much faint compared to the well-lit haven here.

Paltala

09-17-2012

Mort followed Li into the second part of the archives. He was stunned at the sight of the star shaped room and the size of it...it was huge. He walked over to the large centre table and noticed a few piles of books, covered in dust. Picking one up, he started to flick through it.

AskKarthus

09-17-2012

"I wish I had the capability to take these books back with me to the institute. They are worth further study." Karthus pauses, then begins browsing the shelves before remembering he had to locate his book.

Kiang Li

09-18-2012

Mort

There were no books on the table. In fact, what Mort has touched was a spectral object, a poltergeist, that would feel realistic. It had no name, but the title has shown the name of who held it, Chris 'Paltala' Mort. It portrayed his actions in text:

Quote:
Mort held a spectral book, unaware that it was not a real book. The book described him holding a book that described him holding a book. It portrayed his actions in text: ...
Karthus

Karthus would soon come across a large book, tall as his forearm and twice as wide as any book could be. It was large, and it was as thick as the width of his face-- thin for its girth. It had not title, but it was one that stood out on all of the books of the olden shelves. It was very bright in colour, and more importantly, undusted.

Li Zhao Kiang

I find myself in a large chamber, the shape of a... star? I grimace under my mask, fascinated by the strange scenery. It feels like the 'library' all over again, but it is supposedly part of the Archives. I do not know what, and I certainly would prefer it if I did not face more harlots of manipulation, especially my Ruby. I grimace in the memory, without knowledge of her wellbeing in Ionia. My job is dangerous, and she weeps every day in worry that I might die. This is one of those worries that coming to life. I turn to Mort, putting the torch in a ringlike bracket on the wall. It is as if it has been there, for me, a piece of equipment that is not meant to be there. I feel suspicious, but I should ignore it and savour the peace in this sanctuary.
I turn to Mort and watch him as he reads a page.

Paltala

09-18-2012

Mort read the book in confusion, he didn't quite understand what it was saying at first but that got reflected as more words were written on the page, displaying his confusion. Closing the book, he dropped it on the floor, allowing it to land and disappear soundlessly, as if it was never there.
He looked around and noticed Li looking at him, "So much for this room being nice..." He said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

Rudmed

09-18-2012

Claude examined the book, and while it offered keen insight...there was no way he could carry the book and Caitlyn. He shrugged before picking up Caitlyn and following the group. The next room was still an archive, but Claude was unsure of what useful information they would find here. Not to mention Kiang's worsening mood, "Is it really worth our time searching for anything here?" he asked, "After all the longer we stay in one spot the easier it for...creatures to find us."

Claude figured that whoever captured them created something to make atleast one of them useless. That is why Zamara was so powerless against the ninja's even though the magic was clear in the air. He certainly didn't want to discover what they had planned for him or the champions that were with them.

((College and such has been holding me up!))

AskKarthus

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
Karthus

Karthus would soon come across a large book, tall as his forearm and twice as wide as any book could be. It was large, and it was as thick as the width of his face-- thin for its girth. It had not title, but it was one that stood out on all of the books of the olden shelves. It was very bright in colour, and more importantly, undusted.
Karthus thumbs through the book.

AskBloodWizard

09-22-2012

(( bump ))

Kiang Li

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBloodWizard View Post
(( bump ))
(( O.O ))

Karthus

The book was not what it appeared, or so the Lich would soon find as he thumbed the book. A latch clicked open, and a handle seemed to erect itself from the wall, facing away from the old oak shelf that the book used to stand from. The handle was rusted, and shaped like a T reached aside towards those that would see it, waiting to be pulled, but it was unknown, its purpose, and there are obvious risks for those that touched it.

What did Karthus do?

Li Zhao Kiang

I felt a slight feeling of regret towards the inhuman strength that I somewhat gathered, unknown to me was its source. As I catch the opportunity, when Mort is looking at me, I slightly reach my hands out and ask him for an apology: "Look, Mort, I'm sorry about startling you in the chamber back there. It's just--" I cut off, losing my trail. In my mind I see her twirling like a ballerina, Ruby. She was dancing on the large green fields of short grass, as far as the eyes can see, and the sun looked down us in its soothing vision of light. But then darkness came in, and she was no longer there as I saw myself lighting a torch. She was gone. And I know from here, that she is gone. I swallow my grief and fear, and finally come back to speaking to the poor man: "It's just been that since we killed her back there. I do not know if I would see her again. You know, considering the fact that she's been mimicked almost perfectly."