Should Trundle's PoF interrupt enemies from capping point if it pushes them?

yes 77 88.51%
no 10 11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Should Trundle's Pillar of Filth interrupt enemies from capping points...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
everything about his kit screams mobile assasin
Dem targeted dashes. Dat burst.

Phourc

09-16-2012

Aaaaand now I'm curious how everyone else plays Trundle? I've only ever seen triforce bruiserish...

67chrome

09-16-2012

From playing Katarina a lot in the past I can say Trundle's Pillar interrupts her ultimate, at least if it pushes her. Of course, what doesn't? But that should indicate it interrupts channeled abilities, which point capturing for all intents and purposes is.

My best guess is it needs to noticeably push someone around to interrupt the capture though, so you'll more or less only get 1 person with it by placing it directly beneath them. Beyond that all sources of damage don't interrupt point captures, you can still capture points when Teemo and Malzahar place their DOT on you, so I don't see the 1 true damage helping out in that regard.

Beyond that, as cool as it is to interrupt channels by pushing someone 6 inches is, it is unimaginably annoying when you're on the recieving end. As a Katarina that waits for the opportune time to strike it's like really? REALLY?

David12596

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
From playing Katarina a lot in the past I can say Trundle's Pillar interrupts her ultimate, at least if it pushes her. Of course, what doesn't? But that should indicate it interrupts channeled abilities, which point capturing for all intents and purposes is.

My best guess is it needs to noticeably push someone around to interrupt the capture though, so you'll more or less only get 1 person with it by placing it directly beneath them. Beyond that all sources of damage don't interrupt point captures, you can still capture points when Teemo and Malzahar place their DOT on you, so I don't see the 1 true damage helping out in that regard.

Beyond that, as cool as it is to interrupt channels by pushing someone 6 inches is, it is unimaginably annoying when you're on the recieving end. As a Katarina that waits for the opportune time to strike it's like really? REALLY?
Its a really for every 22 seconds at rank one. Ziggs Q, Varus Q, and many other champions have pokes that stop enemies from getting a point and have a very small cooldown. Though I don't remember PoF being able to stop channels like Kat's ulti. That makes no sense. But stopping the enemy from capping a point with a very long CD skill, is not a big problem that it would cause frustrating experiences.

Yohnski

09-16-2012

Quote:

Unless they changed this in the past few months, Trundle's Pillar will not actually interrupt Katarina's ult. It interrupts the animation of the ult, but she will still throw out blades and deal damage. It's somewhat amusing to watch Kat just stand idly while Trundle dies next to her.

67chrome

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohnski View Post
Unless they changed this in the past few months, Trundle's Pillar will not actually interrupt Katarina's ult. It interrupts the animation of the ult, but she will still throw out blades and deal damage. It's somewhat amusing to watch Kat just stand idly while Trundle dies next to her.
Really? I hadn't noticed that, I've only had it interrupt me a handful of times and those times were against Trundle Bot a few months ago, not sure if it was just the animation. The only Trundle I saw in normal games was on my team so I told him about the potentially interrupting capacity of it, and it seemed to work there.

Yohnski

09-16-2012

Quote:
Really? I hadn't noticed that, I've only had it interrupt me a handful of times and those times were against Trundle Bot a few months ago, not sure if it was just the animation. The only Trundle I saw in normal games was on my team so I told him about the potentially interrupting capacity of it, and it seemed to work there.
Like I said, it has been a few months since I did it, but a friend and I came up with the same question of "does it stop it" and went into a custom game to test it. Kat stopped spinning, but she still took out most of my hp. We were also on Skype, so I got the pillar off pretty much right after Kat started the ult, and my hp continued to drop as she stood there idly.

David12596

09-17-2012

Ok, forgot to mention this. I tested it and Yohnski is right; Trundles PoF does not stop Kat's ulti, but it does cause the spinning animation to stop.

lbgsloan

09-18-2012

I don't know, what if they changed it so that the pillar caused a pop-up (still no damage) to anything directly under the rock when it comes down? This would at least give him some real disruption to work with.

67chrome

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
Ok, forgot to mention this. I tested it and Yohnski is right; Trundles PoF does not stop Kat's ulti, but it does cause the spinning animation to stop.
Interesting. Perhaps you should post it in the Bug Reports Forum, interrupting Katarina's animation without interrupting her ultimate dosen't seem like something that can be defended as intentional.

In that case I support the OP in making Trundle's Pillar of Filth capable of being more disruptive than it is currently.