Those Jayce and Yorick nerfs.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psi21

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
if you're referring to the pbe changes, yorick should also have a couple changes to his ghouls which reduce their effectiveness early on.
ghouls no should no longer block pathing for enemies, and their movement speed has been changed to:
300 for levels 1-5 (lowered from 350)
340 for levels 6-8 (lowered from 380)
390 for levels 9-11 (lowered from 410)
443 for levels 12-18 (same maximum as before)

again, those are on pbe so they're still in testing.
Most Yoricks are vulnerable until about level 6.

And it sounds like he will still be as strong as he is end game with gear in Dominion.

% reduction in damage ...such as on urgot, yorick and kass should never been created.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

09-17-2012

So what about Jayce, Rickless? You nerfed the only part of him that doesn't matter in Dominion, while he remains a terror in blind pick.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Ever noticed how junglers are hit with the nerfhammer that much faster than top lane if they perform their duties too well?
Unless you're Lee Sin, then you get a permanent bye because he has a 'higher skill cap' (which he does, but no LoL champion is genuinely hard to play with a little practice). Meanwhile he's been a perma-ban on TT since forever. Actually now that I think of it Lee has a lot in common with Jayce doesn't he; trivial ability costs and has 6 normal abilities. He's just not quite as broken as Jayce of course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
if you're referring to the pbe changes, yorick should also have a couple changes to his ghouls which reduce their effectiveness early on.
ghouls no should no longer block pathing for enemies, and their movement speed has been changed to:
300 for levels 1-5 (lowered from 350)
340 for levels 6-8 (lowered from 380)
390 for levels 9-11 (lowered from 410)
443 for levels 12-18 (same maximum as before)

again, those are on pbe so they're still in testing.
Does anyone actually care about the pathing part...? Now, if you could prevent their ability to literally make Yorrick immune to skillshots...

Lowering his early game harass should help though, yes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Unless you're Lee Sin, then you get a permanent bye because he has a 'higher skill cap' (which he does, but no LoL champion is genuinely hard to play with a little practice). Meanwhile he's been a perma-ban on TT since forever. Actually now that I think of it Lee has a lot in common with Jayce doesn't he; trivial ability costs and has 6 normal abilities. He's just not quite as broken as Jayce of course.
Er, Lee Sin does reward spacing out skill use interspersed with autoattacks to maintain energy generation. Jayce is just "MASH BUTANS TRIPLE KILL".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Er, Lee Sin does reward spacing out skill use interspersed with autoattacks to maintain energy generation. Jayce is just "MASH BUTANS TRIPLE KILL".
Agreed. Lee Sin has a very limited resource that is not affected by the CS Aura. If you just spam all of your skills, you'll run out of energy after 3.
Also, Lee has finally been hit by the nerf bat enough to be legit and not Jayce-OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-17-2012

The Jayce nerf in theory was significant for SR, which unfortunately is the ONLY real consideration when nerfing.
The whole problem was that he had the GapCloser/autoattack/Knockback which just did so damned much damage. Most people maxed E because for ZERO additional mana, they got +120 dmg (40 to 160), and from 8% to 20% magical dmg. Even early game vs a 1k health foe, thats going from 80 to 200 extra damage.
So rank 1 = 40+80=120 dmg (vs 1k foe which isn't quite realistic) Rank 5 = 160+200 = 360! for 40 mana.

Not sure this will fix much because Jayce can also just max Q and use it for harass. He can still do the gate/Q harass, then do the Q/E gapcloser harass with ZERO effect from the nerf since gate stays at rank 1.

Not sure why they nerfed Yorick again for, without some compensation. He just isn't played THAT much up top anymore in latest pro matches Ive seen. First, his Ult sucks with both Ezreal and Corki who are still the top played ADs (along with Graves). Second, he is a great laner but doesn't ever really DO much of anything. He can't get kills, doesnt have a big burst, and even Pro Yoricks Ive seen just kinda sit around being a laning pest.


But yeah, in dominion Jayce will retain his place among Yorick and Jax and Poppy and Kass and Rammus and ....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Not sure why they nerfed Yorick again for, without some compensation. He just isn't played THAT much up top anymore in latest pro matches Ive seen. First, his Ult sucks with both Ezreal and Corki who are still the top played ADs (along with Graves). Second, he is a great laner but doesn't ever really DO much of anything. He can't get kills, doesnt have a big burst, and even Pro Yoricks Ive seen just kinda sit around being a laning pest.
Actually, Yorick is still quite the pick in SR, so much so that he is permabanned in tournaments for good reason. The joke "Yorick walks into a bar, there is no counter" exists for a reason, because there isn't a counter to him. There are those he can harass out of lane and those who can sustain off his ghouls, surviving until team fights break out(Cho and Nasus) but in general he doesn't have a bad match-up. His play-style is also very binary and reminds me of Gangplanks old style of "Parley, Parley, Parley *crit* I win" except Yoricks W/E doesn't draw minion aggro like parley does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyodorD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
The mana nerf is to Jayce E and Yorick W, not Jayce Q. Maybe more people will go QWER on Jayce like I do.

Why nerf Yorick W and not Yorick E anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
No, because W is the one that is getting the mana nerf, and because Yorick trading prowess comes from Q/E anyway.
Yorick's W is his most effective harrass.. it deals far more damage per mana than his E does.

I do not play Dominion but this nerf is actually very significant for SR. A lot of Yoricks max W already.

It's very easy to run OOM on Yorick and you can already out-sustain Yorick's harrass on a lot of top laners by stacking regen (regrowth + quints). I suspect building regen against him with this nerf will make for a really easy time.

By the way, Yoricks who rush Manamune are dead Yoricks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torenia View Post
People still assuming they buff/nerf based on dominion when they only do it for SR >_> They admitted this
Actually, they said that they aimed to make balance changes that would benefit both SR and Dom.