Those Jayce and Yorick nerfs.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metalfenrir

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
15 mana on Rake killed Talon.

That said, this is Dominion, where mana pools are 2-3 times larger.
Welcome to Dominion! The game mode where tanky bruisers need nerfs and the mana pools don't matter!

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
Mana nerfs to Yorick may actually affect his longevity in bot lane - at a minimum, it'll mean somewhat less ghoul spam early on.
Yorick's gimmick is that wrecks almost everything early. He always had a problem outscaling ranged DPS, and now he will not be able to flex his early advantage as much... not saying he will drop from viability or even that he won't be #1 still after the nerfs, but don't underestimate the power of a manacost nerf.

konfetarius

09-15-2012

Quote:
Yorick's gimmick is that wrecks almost everything early. He always had a problem outscaling ranged DPS, and now he will not be able to flex his early advantage as much... not saying he will drop from viability or even that he won't be #1 still after the nerfs, but don't underestimate the power of a manacost nerf.
Level Q/E first. What ranged?

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

dont you mean W ?

Phourc

09-15-2012

Really not getting the Jayce change, I mean I don't play him, but isn't E the one point wonder?

Volandum

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Really not getting the Jayce change, I mean I don't play him, but isn't E the one point wonder?
R is the zero point wonder, most people go QEWR, taking no points in W until Q and E are maxed. I go QWER, taking just one point in E, so this won't affect me.

konfetarius

09-15-2012

Quote:
dont you mean W ?
No, because W is the one that is getting the mana nerf, and because Yorick trading prowess comes from Q/E anyway.

mtnduman

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
This is way off topic, but you brought up something that has been bugging me. Riot balance for tournaments and in general is a complete joke and honestly, so is LoL as an e-sport at the moment. The recent Dig/Crs aram in a final proves that.

The e-sports scene is the same 15-20 teams worldwide winning everything and tournaments are generally decided by which pro can discover and abuse a broken mechanic to victory. It's a joke really. So called professionals with years of experience at designing champions, but Release Zyra and Jayce still happens. What happened to the spreadsheets ?
This is why I feel the only true "e-sport" games were FPS due to the fact that it's hand eye coronation. StarCraft to a lesser extent. The fact of the matter is games that are played when everything is not equal will not give you an accurate measure of skill.

Yellow Jester

09-16-2012

conclusive scientific evidence shows that if you play yorick you have no dick.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

09-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So, basically, no nerfs.
if you're referring to the pbe changes, yorick should also have a couple changes to his ghouls which reduce their effectiveness early on.
ghouls no should no longer block pathing for enemies, and their movement speed has been changed to:
300 for levels 1-5 (lowered from 350)
340 for levels 6-8 (lowered from 380)
390 for levels 9-11 (lowered from 410)
443 for levels 12-18 (same maximum as before)

again, those are on pbe so they're still in testing.