Let's talk about the current status of the Tribunal post-Justice Reviews

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoozleDorf

09-15-2012

Questions are coming at you so fast, I'll try again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
I have questions!

I know there are false reports in the tribunal as a way to test the integrity of the judgments being rendered, and I have a few quick questions about that.

1. Are these 'false-positives' placed there by Riot? (The PB&J team)

2. If they are placed there on purpose, what happens if the majority actually happens to punish the case? Do you guys 'protect' the case and therefor take no action?

3. If someone judges one of the 'false-positive' cases as "Pardon", but the majority of reviewers incorrectly judge "Punish", how does that impact the Justice Rating of the person that actually judged it correctly (Pardon)? It seems it would be unfair if the Justice Rating was dinged in these cases since, in fact, they reviewed the case correctly (despite the incorrect majority judgement). And the same holds true in the opposite direction I suppose.

4. How do 'Skips' affect your 'Longest Streak' rating?

Thanks in advance for any Riot clarifications!

Thanks Lyte!

Lina Perverse

09-15-2012

Lyte

what do you think about this?

probably 4 man premade trolls reporting the poor guy

is there any talk about stopping these 4 man premade extreme toxic trolls?

Direspark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Hey lyte, I know this is kind of off topic but my account was apparently banned without any warning at all, the email said it was a warning and I clicked the reform card and it said I was warned. Now last night after finishing a 5's game with some friends I'm logged out of my account and told I'm banned.

Upon checking the same email that even says im being warned i check the reform card that now says i'm banned. Why was i banned without warning?

YoshioPeePee

09-15-2012

i'm really looking forward to the team's promised tweaks to report categories

i think alot of the problems are linked to confusion over what reports mean, and how we are to judge each report

many of the "how can they pardon" are people who seem to be requiring that verbal abuse takes place in all or most of the games when the person who got the case wrong feels only 1 game where it happens is enough

many of the "how can they punish" involve feeding or afk reports where it is not clear that there was intent, and there was only 1 or 2 games where it happened, when the person who got it wrong feels as if the tribunal should only punish players who are malicious and that elo and leaver buster can handle players who do not do it on purpose

if the language of the report categories makes this issue of what these reports are supposed to mean more clear then that would really help sort this stuff out

Topsy Crets

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If people report for no reason, their reports have less weight till their opinion means nothing (until they start reporting properly again.

Same thing with tribunal. if you just spam pardon or punish then you will have less of a voice there.

over time riot will be able to tweak it so it's more effective with those who really put time into moderating the tribunal to help the atmosphere of the game.
Seems by that time I'll be permabanned for stupid reasons.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-15-2012
9 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by INC Permaban View Post
In a few other threads you mentioned that you guys are working on alternative punishments other than just permabanning someone. Will these new ways be implemented on past banned accounts? Or are those past banned accounts gone for ever?
Past banned accounts are gone forever.

Kinvaras666

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Perverse View Post
Lyte

uhh what?

without the chat, this image proves nothing.

Androgotus

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Perverse View Post
Lyte

it could be a araz.

TheUlf

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LÝrd Abel View Post
How many names have you written down?
Oh god yes.

TM oJun

09-15-2012

cases such as ARAM proving grounds are not taken seriously. tribunal users think that just because it's a custom game, it's alright to screw 9 other people by trolling.