So much Syndra QQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jloysnenph

09-13-2012

For the love of god she does not suck that much... (not as much as rengar, at least.)

Lets list some complaints and examine counterpoints -

1. Q mana cost too high, spheres don't last long enough.

Syndra, I believe, is a more late game oriented champion, with her passive only working at a skills maximum level.

Build around that. Get chalice, beg a blue buff from jungler, and farm your ass off in lane.

the spheres- if they made the spheres last longer, her ultimate would be a nightmare. As it is right now its actually difficult to reach full damage potential on her ultimate. If the duration of the spheres were lengthened, it would be laughably easy to combo and ult.

2. her w has an extremely long travel time-

Syndra is one of the mids with aoe hard CC built in! The only other one I can think of would be annie.

It also has utility not found in other mages. ( Potential buff steals anyone?)

3. Her E cone is too small, its too hard stun, etc.

This skill is all about personal SKILL.

Now your cone, your limitations, how far the sphere will go, how to aim it.

Practice more, please.

4. And FINALLY, her ult.

People say it does too little damage...

With 5-6 spheres out with a full build late game, you'll be dealing approximately 1300-1600 damage, not counting the damage you dealt to set up that combo in the first place.

with good positioning, their ad carry is dead meat.

second - IT LEAVES BEHIND EVERY SINGLE SPHERE SHOT.

In a hectic teamfight, this means the opportunity to send out a massive cone stun into a group of possibly the entire enemy team.

Even if 'dodged' Its an extra skill, flash, movement, et that they would have to take, and might be an oppurtunity for your team to catch up or flee.

TLDR- Syndra is all about teamfight presence and lategame because of her passive and her high mana costs.

While she might not be the best choice in solo queue because of her reliance on a decent team, I believe that if paired up with a pro team or at least a well organized one, syndra prings a LOT to the table in cc and damage.

Squirls

09-13-2012

One of the mids with hard cc built in? Most mages could say the same, and most mids don't need to use 2 abilities to do it.

On one hand, she spends more mana, and on another, most of it does no damage because you have to aim it ahead of yourself, or in prep, to make use of the stun. That, and they're both skillshots, and there's a second delay.

jloysnenph

09-13-2012

Brand needs 2. Annie needs 3. Leblanc's silence takes 2.

Xeraths stun takes 2. I see your point though.

The point of this thread wasn't to say she doesn't have problems, but that with just a few minor buffs she'll be back on par with many other AP mids.

One thing though, I don't think any other ap mid has such a large possible stun area if set up right.

Much larger than annies, which is only in a small area.

Squirls

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloysnenph View Post

The point of this thread wasn't to say she doesn't have problems, but that with just a few minor buffs she'll be back on par with many other AP mids.

One thing though, I don't think any other ap mid has such a large possible stun area if set up right.

Her large aoe stun is very situational though.

I can agree with the bold.

RadiantPyrophore

09-13-2012

Quote:

Considering the tiny angle of her E, I don't think the AoE of an ult/stun combo is very big unless the whole enemy team is in a line, and if they are that close together and I have that element of surprise on them, if I am playing Zyra I will just snare/seed/Q/seed/ult in about 1 second flat and stand back /dance ing while I get a triple/quadra/penta if I'm not horribly starved, which is pretty damn hard to do to Zyra btw considering her farming and jungling capabilities.

jloysnenph

09-13-2012

But even with her relative weakness right now, playing her just so satisfying.

Whenever you killed an enemy, it feels like you've tried so hard to combo and do everything right.

That's why I enjoy syndra in the first place.

Instantly killing someone with veigar's ult just isn't what I'm looking for in league. Thanks for the feedback!

jloysnenph

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Coriolis View Post
Considering the tiny angle of her E, I don't think the AoE of an ult/stun combo is very big unless the whole enemy team is in a line, and if they are that close together and I have that element of surprise on them, if I am playing Zyra I will just snare/seed/Q/seed/ult in about 1 second flat and stand back /dance ing while I get a triple/quadra/penta if I'm not horribly starved, which is pretty damn hard to do to Zyra btw considering her farming and jungling capabilities.
but it gets wider at level 5 :<.

RadiantPyrophore

09-13-2012

Quote:
But even with her relative weakness right now, playing her just so satisfying.

Whenever you killed an enemy, it feels like you've tried so hard to combo and do everything right.

That's why I enjoy syndra in the first place.

Instantly killing someone with veigar's ult just isn't what I'm looking for in league. Thanks for the feedback!
If it's killing Graves/Vayne/Amumu/Vladimir I'm instagibbing? Yeah Veigar's ult is better, less conditional, scales better, and can actually kill something without giving their team 3 full seconds to save them with a shield/heal/killyou etc.

RadiantPyrophore

09-13-2012

Quote:
but it gets wider at level 5 :<.
Wider is still only about 20 degrees.

jloysnenph

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Coriolis View Post
If it's killing Graves/Vayne/Amumu/Vladimir I'm instagibbing? Yeah Veigar's ult is better, less conditional, scales better, and can actually kill something without giving their team 3 full seconds to save them with a shield/heal/killyou etc.

My original message was meant to say I enjoy syndra because of personal preference and satisfaction.

What your saying IS true, Veigar is a much better choice. but it all comes down to playing to win or playing for fun.