I welcome my Yeti Brethren

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiterallyAPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-15-2010

Nunu is the human boy on the back of Willump the Yeti, is he not? Am I the only person who finds it weird that to extend a hand to the Yetis they chose the single "Yeti" least representative of the Yetis as a whole?

I really appreciate the attempts at bolstering the Lore but there really needs to be some fact checkers on staff in order to create some semblance of cohesion and continuity with all these new story posts.

I would welcome a retcon if we want to rename the Yeti himself Nunu, but the title of the champion would also need to be renamed from Yeti "Rider".

PhantomChaos

09-15-2010

On the subject of Emissaries of the League, Encased Shadow, which city state are you the Emissary of?

On another note, I suggest getting Willump some tender meat, and mayhaps some icecream for Nunu.

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuru Pandachi View Post
Nunu is the human boy on the back of Willump the Yeti, is he not? Am I the only person who finds it weird that to extend a hand to the Yetis they chose the single "Yeti" least representative of the Yetis as a whole?

I really appreciate the attempts at bolstering the Lore but there really needs to be some fact checkers on staff in order to create some semblance of cohesion and continuity with all these new story posts.

I would welcome a retcon if we want to rename the Yeti himself Nunu, but the title of the champion would also need to be renamed from Yeti "Rider".
raised by yetis and still living with them, I believe Nunu considers himself a yeti already.

Munchlord

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryth View Post
raised by yetis and still living with them, I believe Nunu considers himself a yeti already.
^ this

Also, the Yetis chose Nunu to represent them as their champion in the league, so I don't think he will be an unfitting representative as Emissary of the League IMHO. Quite frankly, he's probably considered a heroic paragon of Yetiness by the Yeti's, meaning he is the best pick, both from a PR view and as far as competence goes, for an Emissary.

VxkyPcgcbwL9iNRT

Emissary of the League

09-15-2010

Willump the Yeti will be forever my friend.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuru Pandachi View Post

Yes, Nunu is the human rider, but he is probably the best suited for Emissary to the league since he has lived on both sides of the species line, so to speak. Not to mention where Nunu goes, Willump is never far behind. With the help of Nunu, who knows what young yeti may seek glory in the fields of battle?

I've never been able to quite master the the 34 different cases of "snow" in the Yeti language whereas Nunu speaks it like a native, and has had a long family history of negotiating trade agreements.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
On the subject of Emissaries of the League, Encased Shadow, which city state are you the Emissary of?
I haven't formally been assigned a region yet. I go where needed for now. My name would lend itself to the Shadow Isles though. Give my people statehood!

Zzilb

09-15-2010

And while youre at it, Riot, get around to saying anything at all about the shadow isles! No really, anything. I mean mystery is all well and good, im sure some epic story will fall out of it, but im looking at my watch here and I aint got all day.

Question.
What, pray tell, goes on in the Emissary forum? Im betting sexy parties to break Nunu in. His poor, innocent young eyes. What were the original purposes of the greens, yellows 'n blues, and do they still serve those purposes? All I recall is that the Council felt their Councilness went horribly underused.

Editderp: Jozrael mentioned it in a FAQ.

Quote:
“What do the different avatars/usergroups represent?”
Red Riot: These are the Developers. They are the most knowledgeable and are the only usergroup to have power over you, the player. They wield the almighty banhammer, so be good for goodness’ sake.
Fabulous Purple Council: These players advise Riot on the current state of competitive LoL and how to improve it. They acquire this status through exceptional skill, keen insight on the metagame, running a league that sponsors LoL, chairing a sponsored team, or otherwise benefiting the competitive scene.
Green Emissaries: These players go above and beyond to help the LoL community as a whole prosper. They are active on the forums and promote LoL in various capacities.
Blue Adjudicators: These players have been involved with LoL since very early in the closed beta where their assistance was invaluable. New Adjudicators acquire this status through especially helpful Test Realm feedback.
Instead I will focus the question on what goes on, whether the purposes are still proving useful in your eyes, and just how sexy the sexy parties are.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-15-2010

The parties aren't very sexy since its just a few of us d00ds. I wasn't kidding when I said I was asking for more emissaries.

I think most of the forum groups do their job, though I'd like more promotions. I also would like to know about the shadow isles (though they should be fairly mysterious too).

Also do wrenchmen have a lore? Do they perform rituals on the nexus?

Bolshoi

09-15-2010

I have to admit, I'm kind of wondering what Ashe was thinking appointing a small boy as her league emissary. Sure he's basically a yeti, and sure he has some experience with negotiation, but he's still what, 10 years old? I'm not sure he's ready for that kind of responsibility