Which free week 42 champion would you most like to see in a Dominion Spotlight?

Annie, the Dark Child 3 7.69%
Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 5 12.82%
Corki, the Daring Bombardier 4 10.26%
Dr. Mundo, The Madman of Zaun 4 10.26%
Janna, the Storm's Fury 7 17.95%
Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal 4 10.26%
Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper 5 12.82%
Jarvan IV, the Exemplar of Demacia 13 33.33%
Riven, the Exile 6 15.38%
Varus, the Arrow of Retribution 4 10.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Dominion Spotlight Poll Week 42!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

09-12-2012

Sylian mains Lulu/Janna in tournaments. Though a lot less Janna since her nerfs it seems.

But well, maybe he means you only get 1 "support" per team, but can have more bruisers

Dunno, Sylian trolling is stronk. Best custom host eu-w

SylianEUW

09-12-2012

I do believe that Janna is situational, because she more or less requires an AD carry to do well. Furthermore, it is of advantage if that AD carry is one that needs protection, like, for instance, Vayne. Ezreal and, to some extent, Corki need less babysitting, and thus are less reliant on Janna.

Saying that I main Lulu/Janna is arguable. In either case, I see Janna much less picked, especially since Ezreal is such a common AD carry, and also because Lulu is often better. Also, let's not forget that non-standard "supports" can also protect an AD carry fairly well, such as Leona or Blitzcrank.

I usually/never troll forum posts, though. I tend not to troll the NA chats either.

Anyway. A Janna spotlight wouldn't be bad either, but Janna is a fairly complex champion. Her skill ceiling is high, so it'd probably be best if some veteran Janna player provided the video material. Janna might not be that viable in lower elos of play, due to the lack of good AD carries to protect. AP Janna got nerfed too much to be a very good pick, in my opinion. It can probably still work, but it's less rewarding than before.

I still see Corki much more than I see Janna in current tournament play, though, at least in EUW.

Sona is not really used much in EUW, though the recent skin increased her usage a bit. Anyway, I guess this is a bit off-topic. I blame DiscworldDeath for that*. ^_^

*Oh, I guess that part is trolling. Hah. :P

Phourc

09-12-2012

Well I have all tomorrow off to mess with him, I'll see what I end up with - Sejuani was kind of a bad champ to start with so if this one doesn't work out I'll iterate (I learned a new word from Lyte today!) until I find something I do like.

Anyway, looks like the lead goes to JARUBAN FOUR YEAR!!

Last time I played him with any regularity I think I went early aegis to atmallet something, that still what the cool kids do?

I'll have to see if I can find some tournaments where he was ran cause I know he shows up a good amount...

DiscworldDeath

09-12-2012

I noticed while climbing Elo that around 1,600 Elo onward, the team with Janna on it almost always won. She received multiple nerfs since then, but still.

Aura Janna is the one that did well; the perpetually backdooring Jannas proved less useful.

Phourc

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Aura Janna, the perpetually backdooring Jannas proved less useful.
AD Janna probably less useful than both, but infinitely more funny.

Pulled up some DD matches, seeing a lot of CDR-heavy, often-triforce Jarvan builds - basically Jax builds o_O

I didn't realize he had the cooldowns for a sheen but perhaps if Q is maxed first... Definitely something to try.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
AD Janna probably less useful than both, but infinitely more funny.

Pulled up some DD matches, seeing a lot of CDR-heavy, often-triforce Jarvan builds - basically Jax builds o_O

I didn't realize he had the cooldowns for a sheen but perhaps if Q is maxed first... Definitely something to try.
Just copy what Sauron does, he was the first person I saw use Jarman effectively, and he still plays him sometimes at whatever elo he is now at.

DiscworldDeath

09-13-2012

I meant Aura Janna is the one who was useful. Backdooring not as much. Didn't really see AP Jannas until I hit a higher bracket, and they were very hit or miss.

Also, Sylian, lower Elos are plagued by endless AD carries, though often melee. An aura support champion that prioritizes Zeke's/FH to help his and disrupt the enemy team's is worth a lot.

SylianEUW

09-13-2012

I'm not saying Janna would be bad in lower elos. I'm saying she's not used much. Partly because she requires mechanical skills and reflexes to be played well, and partly because, well. She's a support. Most players dislike playing supports. That is also the reason Lulu isn't played all that much, even if she's OP.

Frozen Heart is such a common item anyway, though. You don't need Janna to build it. I usually don't even get Zeke's, but I guess it could work with the right setup. Aegis is really good, though.

Genericke

09-13-2012

I voted for Jarvan and Janna. Regardless of what people are saying about Janna, she's still a great support with fabulous disruption and disengaging abilities. Not quite Lulu level support, but she will keep Jax off of your squishies. Jarvan because he's a really underestimated and incredibly strong tanky DPS champ. Both of these champions are solid picks on dominion and can offer a lot to a team. It'd be worthwhile for new players to learn them and their tricks.

DiscworldDeath

09-13-2012

I voted for Jarvan because he's so versatile - can go more tanky, can go more damage. Can go top, can go bot.

Voted for Vladimir because he's quite non-intuitive to play on Dominion.