Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
7 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibii View Post
Played in All Queues: achieved a tier in 5v5 solo, 5v5 team, and 3v3 team
Special summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in the three queues
So is this special summoner icon separate from the other rewards?
Yes, this is a special icon just for players who have played in all three queues: Ranked Solo, Ranked 3s, and Ranked 5s. If you were Gold in all three, you'd get a Gold icon, but if you were Gold in two of the queues and Bronze in the third, you'd only get a Bronze icon here.

awwyaeh

09-12-2012

"Season 2 rewards will be based on the highest rating you achieve between now and the end of the season. Once you’ve achieved a tier, you’ll have it for good, and playing more games can only help you out. In order to do this, we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers."

So if I've previously hit gold in ranked 5s, but don't play between now and the end of the season, we're still locked into gold? (I don't think I can get most of the people on the team to play by then).

No Coincidence

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Yep! That's the main reason we decided to use the highest rating from now until the end of the season. This way your Gold rewards are already locked in and it can only help you to play more games.
im a little confused does that mean we can't go below our current elo

Baron Von Bacons

09-12-2012

This really bums me out. Why not have our elo jump up to our top rating instead?

Pldl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSmurfz View Post
So um... what if someone just tries out ranked, gets carried to like plat elo, then falls back down where they belong. is he going to be playing with platinum people because that's where is highest rating is?
Yes, but if they got carried to plat elo, that's fcking amazing.

devestator33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

So my elo right now is 1280. So lets say I go on a losing streak, and drop to 1000. Will my badge reflect my elo of 1280 or 1000?

Comfortably Numb

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyLardon View Post
This really bums me out. Why not have our elo jump up to our top rating instead?
becasue most people dont belong at there top rating

Zhao

09-12-2012

So I am currently 1550. After the patch, will my highest be 1550? And the rewards are based on Top rating, so will I be able to say be 500 elo currently and get gold rewards?

Basiateher

09-12-2012

"Played in All Queues: achieved a tier in 5v5 solo, 5v5 team, and 3v3 team
Special summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in the three queues"

So if i'm bronze in 5v5, and gold in solo queue, my special icon will be bronze?

Cruz3r

09-12-2012

You say we get medals on our profile but what about the Summoner Icon frames? Do those get changed? Because I do not want to keep a silver frame on my icon for the rest of my league days...