Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steak style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

moar lux pls

cant get enough of her

Cerubois

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Nuker View Post
Wow what a surprisingly good fan fic.

Read it in one sitting. I particularly love the usage of Irelia. I wish her and Riven were together for the bigger themes *

You did an excellent job, made me want to write some fanfic myself >.>
(And I probably could considering I'm a Creative Writing major and editor/tutor for English )

Though 65K words is a tough amount to match for sure. It's just impressive you have kept at it so long.
Thank you for the compliments. ^.^

I've tried very hard this past year to make Guiding Light as good as I can possibly make it with this style I've developed for it, and to hear from a Creative Writing major that it's excellent... well, I'm truly relieved. I'd been wondering if it was up to par. So thank you again.

As for your own story, I'd encourage you to write it. League fanfiction is becoming much more popular now. And if it's yuri/femslash, you've pretty much got a guaranteed fan right here. :P

Major Nuker

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Thank you for the compliments. ^.^

I've tried very hard this past year to make Guiding Light as good as I can possibly make it with this style I've developed for it, and to hear from a Creative Writing major that it's excellent... well, I'm truly relieved. I'd been wondering if it was up to par. So thank you again.

As for your own story, I'd encourage you to write it. League fanfiction is becoming much more popular now. And if it's yuri/femslash, you've pretty much got a guaranteed fan right here. :P
Well, actually, I'm planning on being a professor, and am an editor for a campus journal. I also do tutoring/teaching for remedial courses on campus.

Now, if I wanted to, I could go into greater detail about the areas you could improve etc etc but as a fanfic it's absolutely fine. I'm speaking to your particular detail work, the depth of characters, plot lines, and such. But that's NOVEL work, not exactly a good direction for an ongoing love project :P

That being said, if I did one, it would most definitely be yuri/fem-slash, but more mature. I absolute love writing sexy sexy, but haven't had the gall to do it for any real period of time. Like 50 shades of grey mature.

Now, what could happen, is I could write it in YOUR universe, attempt to mimic YOUR style, and we can have two separate content things going. You're currently focusing on Ionia/Noxus and in particular Riven's relationship to some of the champions. What about back at the league? You touched on some small and VERY cool bits that I'd love to get more into; the daily life of the champions there. Where is their privacy? Where do secret lovers find time for one another? Just how many matches happen on a regular basis? How does the heirarchy of the league work? How often do the champions really yell out their abilities? Are there any summoner/champion relationships (thinking sona here)?

But your answers for items, how summoning works, etc were all very cool, and if I were to go forward here, I'd keep your creative decisions. Best fanfic I've read, and the fact it's 65K words is awesome XD

I'd totally encourage you to do some major writing during NaNoWriMo this year. 50K words in a month :P

Yasako

09-11-2012

Quote:
summoner/champion relationships (thinking sona here)
You mean

Ahri/champion relationships (thinking sona here)

right?

Major Nuker

09-11-2012

Well considering that the summoner is the only one who can hear Sona, it could be she has a very close relationship to the one who is 'partnered' with her.

Ahri is a silly choice, as we already know EXACTLY what she does. In fact, I think she kills the people she screws. Oops.

Yasako

09-11-2012

Quote:
Well considering that the summoner is the only one who can hear Sona, it could be she has a very close relationship to the one who is 'partnered' with her.

Ahri is a silly choice, as we already know EXACTLY what she does. In fact, I think she kills the people she screws. Oops.
She doesn't kill them!

She screws them over!

tee hee

I'd love to get in further discussion about this, but not the thread to do it in.

Genow

09-11-2012

How does riven feel about http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FVJNiaOL_d...x_Splash_0.jpg

Mah Digga

09-11-2012

Lux certainly looks like a happy camper.

Cerubois

09-11-2012

Quote:
Now, if I wanted to, I could go into greater detail about the areas you could improve etc etc but as a fanfic it's absolutely fine. I'm speaking to your particular detail work, the depth of characters, plot lines, and such. But that's NOVEL work, not exactly a good direction for an ongoing love project :P
Eh... Been through something like that already. >.>
Thank you for the offer, but I like to think I'm aware of my follies. I'm just writing in this style for the sake of it resonating with me, for whatever reason. I'm calling it 'third-person personal'. Hence why I refuse to call Riven anything other than 'Riven'. ^.^;

Quote:
That being said, if I did one, it would most definitely be yuri/fem-slash, but more mature. I absolute love writing sexy sexy, but haven't had the gall to do it for any real period of time. Like 50 shades of grey mature.
You had me until 50. Go back two words and everything will be swell.

Quote:
Now, what could happen, is I could write it in YOUR universe, attempt to mimic YOUR style, and we can have two separate content things going. You're currently focusing on Ionia/Noxus and in particular Riven's relationship to some of the champions. What about back at the league? You touched on some small and VERY cool bits that I'd love to get more into; the daily life of the champions there. Where is their privacy? Where do secret lovers find time for one another? Just how many matches happen on a regular basis? How does the heirarchy of the league work? How often do the champions really yell out their abilities? Are there any summoner/champion relationships (thinking sona here)?
Yes, yes, a hundred times yes!
I've done a surprising amount of thinking in regards to this stuff. We should get together and talk about it.
Don't feel the need to mimic my style though. I'd be impressed if you could pull it off, but I think it would be forcing your writing in a certain way, which might not be fun.

Quote:
But your answers for items, how summoning works, etc were all very cool, and if I were to go forward here, I'd keep your creative decisions. Best fanfic I've read, and the fact it's 65K words is awesome XD

I'd totally encourage you to do some major writing during NaNoWriMo this year. 50K words in a month :P
NaNoWriMo, eh? Hmm... Which month is this? Maybe I could force myself to finish the story. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genow View Post
Riven's thoughts (in my mind): ... Not bad.

TootlesTheGoon

09-11-2012

Absolutely adore this.
When I saw it wasn't complete and that we would have to be waiting for a while, I just about cried.
I read everything you have so far in one night. Was totally captured by the end of the first chapter.
Also, as a fellow writer, I must say that this is a truly fantastic story! I sent a buddy request to your LoL account (That is, if your summoner name is the same as your forum name. Mine is) because I'd love to ask you a bit about your writing!