How to win.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonSkies

09-14-2010

Very nice summary, just a few things though...

#2 Think as a teamplayer, pick claivoyance/ fortify/ heal/ clarity/ exhaust if you do not absolutly need your 2nd summoner spell slot.

When would you ever get fortify? Even heal is questionable.

#3 Use manareg/5 instead of ap, you can use your skills more often for creeping, means you have more gold, means you can buy ap and probably reach the same amount as with ap runes.

Not applicable to every caster. Annie for example, should go for AP.

Greyford Godlike

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniline View Post
Your tank or support can't be everywhere at once!

If they are the only ones warding, they will never be able to tank or support you in team fights because they will be running all over the map trying to ward it.

EVERYONE should be buying wards. Have 90 gold left over after buying gear...? Get a ward and place it!

Wards are cheap and spending 500-600 gold during the match on wards isn't going to hurt your build as a carry as you'll actually end up with more gold in the end from more map awareness!

With everyone getting 1-2 wards each time they recall, you can keep the map completely covered instead of only being able to cover the river if it's only your tank/support buying wards.
I didn't say dds don't need to buy wards, I just said that tanks and supporters should buy most wards.

Greyford Godlike

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkies View Post
Very nice summary, just a few things though...

#2 Think as a teamplayer, pick claivoyance/ fortify/ heal/ clarity/ exhaust if you do not absolutly need your 2nd summoner spell slot.

When would you ever get fortify? Even heal is questionable.
Well probably it goes claiv>exhaust>clarity>fortify>heal, but never the less all of them bring their use to a team.
A heal going for your whole team can be gamebreaking in clash.
Fortify also is nice in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkies View Post
#3 Use manareg/5 instead of ap, you can use your skills more often for creeping, means you have more gold, means you can buy ap and probably reach the same amount as with ap runes.

Not applicable to every caster. Annie for example, should go for AP.
I personally won't go for AP runes in yellow on Annie, but if you do so, that's okay.
Only runes I would pick ap on here would be blues.

The reason is simply, when you midlane, that's what you should do as Annie, you can harass awesome with a bit manareg and still have enough mana for a full Q>R>W>Q combo when you reach level 6. Means you mostly get a save kill, because you can easily keep your opponent at 70%~ hp.

Anyway I agree with you, manareg/5 are not a musthave on Annie, but nor ap yellows are.

2Sense

09-15-2010

Honestly, everyone who plays this game should be forced to read this.

Poochy

09-15-2010

How to win...

destroy the enemy Nexus

AmPriS

09-15-2010

Hell no, the people who farm the most gold should be buying the majority of the wards. It is people like you who suggest screwing over tanks and support who are gold starved as it is.

Draktok

09-15-2010

You may ( since this is for noobies ) want to change DDS to damage dealers, carries, or something easier to understand. Same goes for Ap = ability power. Add a legend at the end even, that should help alot.

The Promise

09-15-2010

Too bad the Ashe/Trist lane that pushes hard and gets ganked twice, giving Udyr three kills, doesn't buy a ward for their brush until I yell at them for it, while I don't push my lane, buy a ward after their first failed gank attempt at 4 minutes, and give Udyr zero kills.

Edit: Very good post though.

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

09-15-2010

Aren't you in my BL in LoL Europe?
I liek you.

EDIT:I know why you, YOU answered that to janna, because you went 1/18 in your match history!

yellowfrog

09-15-2010

Everyone should be buying wards as appropriate seeing as some carries farm exceptionally well and are rolling in gold. Some tanks/support struggle to get creep kills for themselves. Ideas like tanks/support should be rolling out the red carpet/doing carries' laundry/microwaving their hot pockets/emptying their diapers is why everyone likes to lock in miss fortune at champ select.

12345612 ... 21