Cho's Ult not going through shields

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

erimon

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreall View Post
If shields turned True damage is Magic Damage, Why hasn't this been clarified?
Because it possibly could be a bug? Just as the poster you responded to suggested.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alcmaeonid

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
so we should just ignore the bug and not finish off shielded players?
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION! now give me back double rocket heimer, that bug should have been ignored as well, and poppy soloing dragon (at lvl 2), then getting the bounty for firstblooding herself is just fine and dandy too. for that matter, the old "heal olaf then have him suicide on a tower for free gold" trick was just a tactic that you should defend against, not in anyway a glitch or unintended flaw.

*edit* forgot to call you a moron. moron.
Right. How about we start with where I suggested keeping the bug? Oh thats right, I didn't. What I in fact suggested was working around it. The game has always had bugs, I played Pantheon for instance when skyfall was bugged to heck.

What I suggested was trying to avoid letting the bug waste your ultimate (i.e. By not feasting on shields until they fix it), however, I can see that you didn't want to read it as such. Ad hominem doesn't impress me very much. Substantiate your claims with reasonable evidence and devoid of assumptions and insults and perhaps I can take something you say seriously. Until then, your just another kid who needs to learn to read before they post.

Good day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Morgana shield will not block any of Chogath's ult damage, because it is true damage. Morgana's shield absorbs magic damage, making it worthless against feast. Overall these all sound like bugs though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunKx

Senior Member

09-14-2010

honestly i've played chogath quite and bit, and i almost refuse to believe his chomp does true damage, because i've never gotten the full amount of damage out of his nom...seriously

maybe his base damage does true damage, but his added damage can't be true. and there are lots of things that stop his damage which i find ridiculous.
its also REALLY REALLY annoying when you use your ult, but get CCed before you actually finish the animation, and thus you used your ult, didn't get a stack and its on CD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liz Vicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
so we should just ignore the bug and not finish off shielded players?
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION! now give me back double rocket heimer, that bug should have been ignored as well, and poppy soloing dragon (at lvl 2), then getting the bounty for firstblooding herself is just fine and dandy too. for that matter, the old "heal olaf then have him suicide on a tower for free gold" trick was just a tactic that you should defend against, not in anyway a glitch or unintended flaw.

*edit* forgot to call you a moron. moron.
Dude i should really read the bug forums more often, these sound amazing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiggerFish

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTheBobCat View Post
Dude i should really read the bug forums more often, these sound amazing.
Knowing is half the battle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strich9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2010

I filed a bug report on this a while ago, but it went unnoticed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2010

Janna's shield absorbs Cho'gath's Feast. Her shield absorbs all damage and is not limited vs pure/ad/ap. If you attack a Janna with a shield up you will hit for very little. Pure damage only means that it can not be midigated, not that it is un-absorb able.

This goes for all other champions with exact # based absorption that isn't specific. Urgot comes to mind.

Morgana however CAN NOT Absorb pure damage. Her shield will simply look pretty as cho'gath one shots her for the full amount. This is not up for debate, or some sort of glitch. I can assure you that 10/10 times i've been bitten by a cho'gath or had ignite cast on me, i took full damage no matter the situation with my shield.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpengeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2010

This is new and interesting. Hope the poor gentleman gets fixed, he already had so many feast bugs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vyain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Janna's shield absorbs Cho'gath's Feast. Her shield absorbs all damage and is not limited vs pure/ad/ap. If you attack a Janna with a shield up you will hit for very little. Pure damage only means that it can not be midigated, not that it is un-absorb able.

This goes for all other champions with exact # based absorption that isn't specific. Urgot comes to mind.

Morgana however CAN NOT Absorb pure damage. Her shield will simply look pretty as cho'gath one shots her for the full amount. This is not up for debate, or some sort of glitch. I can assure you that 10/10 times i've been bitten by a cho'gath or had ignite cast on me, i took full damage no matter the situation with my shield.
Morgana's shield is not being debated here, its the fact that if any champion has some sort of shield on, Cho's ult is not doing near enough damage. All i was looking for was if people have run into this same problem, and it appears that way...


123