Tribunal is temporarily down due to technical issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-06-2012
17 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander View Post
I had gotten the impression, just to address your second point, that players with a couple of tribunal cases against them could no longer vote. Assuming that's true (and I'm not 100% sure), then wouldn't that mean that toxic players are eventually filtered out of the voting process?
This is correct. Bad voters or "spam punishers" lose their right to use the Tribunal. Punished players are also banned from the Tribunal.

I've run some analysis on Tribunal users and actually they are some of the most positive players in our community.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Hey Lyte,

There was an addon for Chrome called "Tribunal Satisfaction" that helped track the results of your votes. I was using it - and gaining tremendous satisfaction, even when I was wrong - but the first round of upgrades you made recently broke it. Was this intentional? I'll be honest, I pretty much stopped using the Tribunal because of all the loading glitches and the fact that it felt like such a grind. The addon really inspired me to do my part in a way that the IP rewards didn't and I was sad when it stopped working.

Lyte

09-06-2012
18 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
Hey Lyte,

There was an addon for Chrome called "Tribunal Satisfaction" that helped track the results of your votes. I was using it - and gaining tremendous satisfaction, even when I was wrong - but the first round of upgrades you made recently broke it. Was this intentional? I'll be honest, I pretty much stopped using the Tribunal because of all the loading glitches and the fact that it felt like such a grind. The addon really inspired me to do my part in a way that the IP rewards didn't and I was sad when it stopped working.
We didn't intentionally break it, there's a lot of changes going on because we're launching Tribunal in a bunch of new territories as well. This is why we're having a lot of downtime lately trying to upgrade the core systems

With regards to Tribunal Satisfaction though, it's something we've been keeping an eye on and agree that it's rewarding players in a way that IP isn't.

Judas Priest

09-06-2012

Lyte, one last question about the tribunal. Does the "unskilled player" report really do something? Does it lower the hidden ELO of a player?

Lyte

09-06-2012
19 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Lyte, one last question about the tribunal. Does the "unskilled player" report really do something? Does it lower the hidden ELO of a player?
It doesn't do anything automatically, so it's impossible for a player to 'troll' another player and lower their Elo. However, we do use the reports for other things but they are always reviewed by human eyes first.

Judas Priest

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It doesn't do anything automatically, so it's impossible for a player to 'troll' another player and lower their Elo. However, we do use the reports for other things but they are always reviewed by human eyes first.
But is it used only for statistics or could it lower the player's ELO in the end of the manual process?

Lyte

09-06-2012
20 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
But is it used only for statistics or could it lower the player's ELO in the end of the manual process?
We've done both in the past. These days, matchmaking is pretty decent at placing players where they need to be, so we're doing fewer and fewer manual shifts in Elo.

Judas Priest

09-06-2012

Quote:
We've done both in the past. These days, matchmaking is pretty decent at placing players where they need to be, so we're doing fewer and fewer manual shifts in Elo.
No offense, but matchmaking is far from being "pretty decent":

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5075/elohellf.png

I'm constantly paired with very unskilled players in Dominion, though I'm a good player and I usually score first place in the team. My losing rate is almost 100% in Dominion and it's because a not pretty decent matchmaking. I explained it better here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2551338

I think there are some urgent changes that should be done in matchmaking. Just saying.

Lyte

09-06-2012
21 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
No offense, but matchmaking is far from being "pretty decent":

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5075/elohellf.png

I'm constantly paired with very unskilled players in Dominion, though I'm a good player and I usually score first place in the team. My losing rate is almost 100% in Dominion and it's because a not pretty decent matchmaking. I explained it better here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2551338

I think there are some urgent changes that should be done in matchmaking. Just saying.
Matchmaking in Dominion is a different beast altogether. There aren't enough players at all ranges playing Dominion to have good matchmaking. For example, even if a system was perfect, you'd still need 10 players who are all actually ~1200 Elo to have a decent ~1200 Elo game.

Judas Priest

09-06-2012

Quote:
Matchmaking in Dominion is a different beast altogether. There aren't enough players at all ranges playing Dominion to have good matchmaking. For example, even if a system was perfect, you'd still need 10 players who are all actually ~1200 Elo to have a decent ~1200 Elo game.
Oh, I didn't know that. I hope more people start playing it in the course of time. Thanks for your attention, Lyte.