Delwyn's Curiosities and Antiques

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

"Yeah, I did. I went and checked a while back and he hadn't given out prizes as of yet."

UrgotFantasy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

*mboy enters, his masked face peering around the room, seeing what there is to see*

This is some kind of....antique place? Correct? Well I have something to deliver...for a price of course...

*pulls out of his pack, an ancient golden statue*

Some fool put this out on a yard sale...I know real gold when I see it. What do you think?

Roseofchaos

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Crow View Post
"Yeah, I did. I went and checked a while back and he hadn't given out prizes as of yet."
"Well, it's not a big deal- I can go tomorrow and see." Del sets up the cake on the plates, then straightens up as a customer enters. "James, can you take care of the tea for me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy1100 View Post
*mboy enters, his masked face peering around the room, seeing what there is to see*

This is some kind of....antique place? Correct? Well I have something to deliver...for a price of course...

*pulls out of his pack, an ancient golden statue*

Some fool put this out on a yard sale...I know real gold when I see it. What do you think?
"It does look real to me, sir. How much were you thinking of selling it for?" Del steps up to have a closer look.

Mister Crow

09-04-2012

"Of course."
He puts the tea leaves in the appropriate strainers, places the strainers in the cups and pours.

UrgotFantasy

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseofchaos View Post
"It does look real to me, sir. How much were you thinking of selling it for?" Del steps up to have a closer look.
Whatever it appears to be worth. I can identify riches....but appraisal. Thats something else.

Roseofchaos

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Crow View Post
"Of course."
He puts the tea leaves in the appropriate strainers, places the strainers in the cups and pours.
"Thanks, James~"

Quote:
Whatever it appears to be worth. I can identify riches....but appraisal. Thats something else.
"Well... based on the size of it, if it's solid gold? It's worth nearly 5000 gold pieces, but I'd need to heft it to determine the content. The age is also a factor... that aside, may I?" Del holds out a hand to test the weight of the metal.

UrgotFantasy

09-05-2012

Quote:
"Thanks, James~"

"Well... based on the size of it, if it's solid gold? It's worth nearly 5000 gold pieces, but I'd need to heft it to determine the content. The age is also a factor... that aside, may I?" Del holds out a hand to test the weight of the metal.
*puts the statue in her hands*

Roseofchaos

09-05-2012

She takes it softly, leaning it to one side, then the other, before giving a low whistle of surprise. "That's the closest I've seen on the market to pure gold." Bringing the statue to the level of her eyes, she examines it for scratches and markings that age may have given. "It's in extremely good condition for its age, but it looks to be a hundred, maybe a hundred-fifty years old. I'd put a tag on this of at least 8500 gold pieces, sir; you found a real treasure." Del wonders at the statue in her hands for a moment before reluctantly handing it back. There's no way I can afford this, at least, not for a month or so, she thinks.

((How big is this, precisely? It'd be easier to put a bead on it that way, and I don't know if I'm overestimating the size/value. ^^; ))

UrgotFantasy

09-06-2012

Quote:
She takes it softly, leaning it to one side, then the other, before giving a low whistle of surprise. "That's the closest I've seen on the market to pure gold." Bringing the statue to the level of her eyes, she examines it for scratches and markings that age may have given. "It's in extremely good condition for its age, but it looks to be a hundred, maybe a hundred-fifty years old. I'd put a tag on this of at least 8500 gold pieces, sir; you found a real treasure." Del wonders at the statue in her hands for a moment before reluctantly handing it back. There's no way I can afford this, at least, not for a month or so, she thinks.

((How big is this, precisely? It'd be easier to put a bead on it that way, and I don't know if I'm overestimating the size/value. ^^; ))
((Hm, I would say about the size of a vase))

Well, considering youve only been open for a short while....you probably cant afford this then...hmm...tell you what...*hands it back and starts for the door, saying* Keep it. Consider it a donation. *mboy surprised himself with the words coming out of his mouth. He was being charitable for once. Thats not a value he has. Time to go take a nap*

Roseofchaos

09-06-2012

Quote:
((Hm, I would say about the size of a vase))

Well, considering youve only been open for a short while....you probably cant afford this then...hmm...tell you what...*hands it back and starts for the door, saying* Keep it. Consider it a donation. *mboy surprised himself with the words coming out of his mouth. He was being charitable for once. Thats not a value he has. Time to go take a nap*
Del blinks, astonished. "I- ah- thank you so much, sir," she says, fumbling over the words. She had been expecting dismissal once she had appraised the item, and charity was something she had little experience with. "Ah- if ever you need something, feel free to come here," she gets out, before the hooded figure vanishes out the door.

She turns to James, eyes wide.
"Do you know him?"