Stop calling Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kill3rInstinct

07-20-2012

Darius isnt OP you just need to now who to counter pick him as well as how to play against him
I find the jayce is a god counter to darius

EzraTwitch

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinýviel View Post
This is all irrelevant - what you guys need to realize is that every new champion released is going to start out at least above average or even maybe borderline stupid powerful. Darius is at least an above avg champ, certainly a pubstomper at least.

They don't want to repeat the Yorick mistake where he sucks and no one buys him. Bad business model. No money.

Thats why Jayce is so good and every other new champ, like Lulu. Its just business. They can nerf him later after everyone has shelled out money for him. Whether you think the ult is op or not doesn't matter, its good enough that it will induce people to say "oh i need to get him".
If by Yorick mistake you mean the Lee Sin/Skarner/Riven/Yorick/Sejuani mistake, they release under powered champions all the freaking time. In all honesty the game is more balanced now at high level then ever. There really aren't any OP champs, just UP ones. Darius is neither. He is a Strong champ, yes, but that's the end goal, for every champ to be strong.

Storytime.
My buddy who hasn't played this game in 5 months got on and owned a Darius top just with me telling him "all he does is damage, he has no sustain, and no defense, his main nuke is true damage so make sure to stack health early". And you know what? He just from hearing a simple sentence he was able to completely dominate him with out ever having faced him before.

If he was OP someone who just came back from a 5 month haitus would not be able to do that (and he is not a platinum or even close to it, like 1400 at his highest).

Darius isnt OP, he is just strong verus bad players. Watch some of the pro-streamers and count how many Darius you see, you will MAYBE see one every 10 games.

Pushover

07-21-2012

Darius is strong in lane, but due to his complete lack of escapes, he is gank food if he gets too aggressive. If he uses Q to harass, he pushes the lane, allowing your jungler to gank him easily.

Pretty much any champion can do fine vs Darius if played correctly and with a jungler. What separates a good Darius player from a bad one is itemization and how he plays his mid and lategame.

Kryblade

09-03-2012

Promblem with darius is simple

Frozen mallet...

drakyrz

09-03-2012

I will admit, as much as i enjoy playing Darius, he's OP as all hell. Play him AD with a little sustain and he'll easily pull 20 kills a match. Play him tank, its what i do, with a little damage and his only deaths come from him being outnumbered. And even outnumbered can he pull a triple kill. You have no choice but to counter him with armor, thornmail, and CC with your AP nuke champs. He's a monster if he goes unchecked and if you can't keep him down he still can throw you around. Q, aa, W, Q, E (when they run), R. Flash, exhuast

drakyrz

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraTwitch View Post
If by Yorick mistake you mean the Lee Sin/Skarner/Riven/Yorick/Sejuani mistake, they release under powered champions all the freaking time. In all honesty the game is more balanced now at high level then ever. There really aren't any OP champs, just UP ones. Darius is neither. He is a Strong champ, yes, but that's the end goal, for every champ to be strong.

Storytime.
My buddy who hasn't played this game in 5 months got on and owned a Darius top just with me telling him "all he does is damage, he has no sustain, and no defense, his main nuke is true damage so make sure to stack health early". And you know what? He just from hearing a simple sentence he was able to completely dominate him with out ever having faced him before.

If he was OP someone who just came back from a 5 month haitus would not be able to do that (and he is not a platinum or even close to it, like 1400 at his highest).

Darius isnt OP, he is just strong verus bad players. Watch some of the pro-streamers and count how many Darius you see, you will MAYBE see one every 10 games.
In order:
1st: The only "underpowered" champ you listed there was sej. And honestly, you listed champions that require quite a bit of skill to use if you even want to make to level 6 without dying 10 times.

2nd: Your buddy was absolutely right. You need that extra HP, that armor to make darius players think twice, and you need to keep him ganked. But, a smart team doesn't send Darius top without proper back up.
My Story: Darius as a tank plus Tank Voli. Good-bye top lane.

3rd: And you, sir, are correct in saying Darius is good against bad players but so is every other champ that gets fed against a bad team.

Hope I wasn't insulting in my response but the thing that needs to be changed about Darius is that ult. Get rid of the refresh. It stops a lot of his ability to overwhelm champs and it also, this is most important, keeps the kill stealing trolls in their place.
Off topic, but isn't anyone else tired of doing all the damage and Darius, who avoided most of the team fight, getting credit for the kill and he still fails to carry your team?

Lethadind

09-03-2012

Darius

Darius Platinum

Diana

Diana Platinum

Diana was overpowered, it showed in her win rate. Darius has been consistently LESS than 50% win rate. Statistics never lie, Darius is not overpowered, he just has a powerful ult. Stop whining please.

I never play Darius, I have no reason to defend him. In fact I personally never ban him because I love playing against him. 90% of Darius players will either feed top to hell, or starve their carries. The only time I ban him is when my last-pick teammate calls "Top Darius!" and I lolking.net his stats and his Darius stats are either incredibly beefed (10/8 KDR average) or horrible (2/10 KDR), because I know he falls in one of the two categories.

EDIT: The Platinum links don't work apparently. Just click the "Platinum" bubble to filter only high-end platinum games using the champion (this factors out "lack-of-skill").

Firefly Captain

09-04-2012

You can't just look at win rates to evaluate an overall champion, you have to take into account the power of their skills sets. Shen is the most banned champ at all ELOs, and he averages a 50% win rate. What gets him banned is the only (truly) global teleport/shield ultimate that allows him to split push, gank, or counter-gank. His utility is phenomenal.

Sure, Darius wins less than 50% of games, but to take a high-damage nuke, such as Cho Gath's, Garen's, Veigar's, Caitlyn's, and to give it 0 CD is broken.

I like to ban Kassadin in ranked as well. Although his damage is fine, being able to flash every 3 seconds at level 16 with 40% CDR is BROKEN.

TL, DR: "Broken" things are bad for the game. Darius's ult refreshing on a kill is bad for the game. End of discussion.

L2P Mate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

His E, WTF is that ****, AOE pull, impossible to miss + like fckin 35% armor pen? His passive is pretty fkin broken to with the Movespeed and his Q is on the strong side of laning

Elchulus

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
And by a "small subset" you mean...

-About 1/3rd of the standard top-lane champs

-Having a jungler in the game.

-Anyone with the ability to kite.

-Any mage with CC. (90% of mages)

-Guardian Angel

-Anivia, Zilean, Kayle, Sivir, Morgana, Jana

-Red potions.

-A tank who can peel for you

-Health items

etc..etc..etc..

People rage over Darius not because he is OP but because his ultimate feels "unfair".. The fact that it executes you is one thing.. The fact that it resets it's cooldown when it does kill you, is what ACTUALLY makes Darius imbalanced.

Cho'gath and Garen have similar ultimates, but nobody whines about them because they have to wait 1-2 minutes to cast their ulti again.

Darius has legitimately high damage on his abilities, but his auto attack and the rest of his stats are not all that impressive. He's easily countered on top lane.
You make Darius sound like a scrub, so clearly you're doing something wrong. He may not be OP, but you can't counter him that easily.