((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paltala

09-02-2012

((bump))

Kiang Li

09-02-2012

"Then how did you get here?" I furiously demand towards the one that looks like Mort, "How do I know that your are not just constructs with their memories?!" I find my tone to be much higher and demanding, which seems so unusual to me; I either never talk, or just talk calmly, but here... I am furious, enraged. I feel affected somehow by an illness, but I have doubts of that now. I just know, somewhere in the back of my head, that these are not the people I look for; we went separate ways and clearly there is no turns anywhere here. But then there could have been a turn that diverged deeper in, and there was no light, but evidence of one being used, in the caverns; oil and coal, just like that of a lantern. Could it be that the light has faded from where the paths have diverged? No? But I will not give in. I will not be deceived again.

Paltala

09-02-2012

"I don't know how I got here...all I know is that I woke up under that bookshelf over there," Mort pointed at it, "and when I smacked my head, it hurt, when a book fell on my stomach, it hurt." He explained, trying to get Kiang to calm down. Slowly walking towards him, hands held out slightly to show that he means no harm. "I also remember my parents...what happened to them...and it hurts, more than anything else I have ever experienced." Mort went on, oblivious to anyone else in the room at that moment.

AskKarthus

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
"Then how did you get here?" I furiously demand towards the one that looks like Mort, "How do I know that your are not just constructs with their memories?!" I find my tone to be much higher and demanding, which seems so unusual to me; I either never talk, or just talk calmly, but here... I am furious, enraged. I feel affected somehow by an illness, but I have doubts of that now. I just know, somewhere in the back of my head, that these are not the people I look for; we went separate ways and clearly there is no turns anywhere here. But then there could have been a turn that diverged deeper in, and there was no light, but evidence of one being used, in the caverns; oil and coal, just like that of a lantern. Could it be that the light has faded from where the paths have diverged? No? But I will not give in. I will not be deceived again.
How do you know that we are not constructs? Simple, my existence proves it. I am a lich, therefore my soul is imprisoned in a phylactery. They have no knowledge of my memories, nor can they gain them.

Kiang Li

09-03-2012

"You are right, Karthus." I say, knowing my knowledge of Lich beings, thanks to my relative, Ling. None of these would happen without her. In fact, I know that Karthus would be bleeding from my sword by now. I know it as instinct, not hypothetically, or an 'if' situation. I sheathe my weapon and scan around me, quickly realising that these people must be real, and that sorcery must still exist here, sorcery besides that of the Summoner's wicked mind. I find that this is another library, but I hope that those ninjas do not exist in here. But the puppeteer's demise would be something self-explanatory, I am sure. I give a last glare towards the one name Karthus, right before I pick up the small scroll that fell on me during our short argument. Opening it, I find the anatomy of this buildings-- Blueprints! It does not stay by itself, I learn, but rather, it is a living monster that demands to form itself according to how it feels. I see where we are, but there are no doors out of here, not unless...

I shake my head as I read the huge parchment, finding no doors or exits out. It looks like this floor of the building, and that is it. Within the archives, I have good feeling that there is a way out somewhere in here, I just need to find the fragments. I look at the edges of the floor plan, and I quickly find that this was a deformed shape of a pentagon, with clean cuts that seem to neglect its age. A puzzle, a jigsaw puzzle, just like childhood. I see no scrolls in here, and I see a shelf that has been pushed over. Another fragment could be in that pile, but there could be another one hiding by the next door. But I do not know where to look first.

Quote:
((Options:
1. Search the pile of rubble and books.
2. Go to Archives Part 2.
3. Search Archives Part 1 for more fragments.))

Paltala

09-04-2012

((I vote for 3))

AskKarthus

09-04-2012

(( I second. ))

Rudmed

09-04-2012

((I'll third!))

Kiang Li

09-06-2012

I slam the paper into the table, and then I stab a shuriken on the top of the page, making it lay there, not flat, but enough to know where to unroll it from. This is but a simple fragment of what could be a large map scattered from here, and it would especially help me find the exit from this hell-borne place. I stand and look at Mort, the person who I, in my own mind, proclaimed the leader of the group in here. "This is not the only part of this map." I point the fingers of my right hand into the ripped fragment, holding it still with my left hand. "We should find more inside this chamber." I nod, tilting my head so that I can roll my eyes down, observing the map.

Paltala

09-06-2012

Mort listened to Li and his mention of the map, nodding when he mentioned looking for more in the chamber, "Alright, let's get looking then. Claude, Karthus, search the three sets of shelves over there." With that, he pointed towards the south side of the room. "I'll search by the shelf that almost crushed me, which I still don't know how I got there..." He half-ordered, trying to get something done before the manor messed with him again.

((I'm referencing the map on page 47.
Also, is our Caitlyn back yet?))