Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badezza117

08-31-2012

Hi Riot Games,

I just wanted to know if perhaps with the points system, you could make it exchange from RP to IP and vise versa?

Isamichi

08-31-2012

Hey Badezza!

Unfortunately, Riot doesn't have any kind of exchange system between Riot Points and Influence Points.
They do this in order to not "Sell Power" in any way. So, the only way to get RP is to purchase it. Fortunately, the only thing you need RP for is for Skins for champions you own which do absolutely nothing except let you look pretty when playing.

Ladayen

08-31-2012

You can purchase IP boosts with RP.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-31-2012

IP boosts are a convenience, you still need to play games.

OP:
I guarantee they've thought about that (as they've mentioned it). It won't be happening. Maybe you could offer a reason why you think it would be useful other than 'I want skins but don't feel like paying for them?'

ValorAndGlory

08-31-2012

My argument about why Riot should make a exchange IP to RP system is this. Not everyone has the money to spend on riot points no matter how much they want to and if you give them the ability to exchange some thing like 3150ip for oh say 100 rp then not only will you see a rise in the number of players in general but also you will see more "Active Players", a term that I am using to say any player that gets on League and plays more game then just their "First Win Of The Day" game, for the players in question would feel like they are earning something else out of playing, you know it would be like that carrot to go the extra mile to earn IP, that or the other way that you could go is, in my opinion just as good if not better, to have ip prices on particular skins for just a week, kind of like your rp sales, but instead of lowering the rp price of one or two skins you give them a IP price for the week.

Another thing I might add is that, a lot of player would really like to see IP sales where you take something even as small as 25% off the ip price of champions. And with that I have said my peace.

Isamichi

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
My argument about why Riot should make a exchange IP to RP system is this. Not everyone has the money to spend on riot points no matter how much they want to...
Before I even present my Counter-argument, I have to state that, in your entire post, you have a total of Four (4) sentences. So I have to cut your extremely long, grammatically incorrect run-on sentence to avoid wasting space.

Counter-Argument:
If you were to have a systems of exchange from IP to RP, what will you do to help compensate those that spend money for more access and shiny things in the game if they can just grind IP for it?

A majority of players that buy RP don't spend them on champions; they use them to purchase and unlock more content to enjoy the game. If an IP -> RP system is created, how do you mediate that conflict/problem?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-01-2012

So like I said, your point is 'I don't have the money to spend, so I want things given to me my way instead.'

While I can understand your reasoning, it would be extremely unhealthy for the game to do so. Riot's monetization strategy is extremely solid. You can only buy convenience or cosmetics with cash, and the only thing you can't get with the in-game currency is skins, which have no effect on the power or versatility you have access to.

Piro1445

09-02-2012

Strangely enough I agree with both sides of the conversation.

While it would be nice to see something like a point conversion system it makes perfect sense to why they don't have one.

I know that I would play more if I knew that the IP I earned in game could be turned into RP, something that I personally can't afford, but as was said earlier it would be unfair to players that have already bought rp. While I think that it shouldn't happen just out of fairness something that I would change in the idea above would be increase the ip to rp price, instead of 3150ip for 100rp I would go as far as 6300ip for 100rp, there by making the trade off of for people who buy rp be that they get more faster then grinding.

But again I like how the game is set-up now, seeing short of adding in game advertisement from outside companies as well as on the website I don't see anyway that Riot could actually be able to 'give' away RP.

I am sorry that this doesn't actually help, but I just couldn't resit adding my point of view on this subject.