Advice to all of you ''OP'' volibears

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7he White Guy

08-30-2012

We all know that voli is OP but keep in mind hes damn tank hes not a carry! i repeat he is NOT a carry! So when your playing voli and your laning with the adc your role is to make sure he gets fed... we all know how easy it is to get a kill using his bite but a team could benifit waaayyy more with a fed katarina or draven! so when playing voli dont take the adc's kills... ive won games before because the other teams voli decided hes gonna use his E to take the kills leaving their adc with nothing and we ran all over them!! So please for the love god play volibear as an OP tank!

Fushhy

08-31-2012

I do own Volibear. And I am somewhat disappointed with all the feeding/'OP' Volibears.
In bot games, I do take the kills with Frenzy, and that gives me more experience on how much frenzy hits.
In PvP, I ALWAYS time it early when the carry is around.
Volibear is a fighter, not a carry.

1v1 on Volibear is 90% winnable (same $ spend, same lvl). :3

HateDaddy

08-31-2012

Wait, Volibear OP? You must be a Zilean main.

7he White Guy

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateDaddy View Post
Wait, Volibear OP? You must be a Zilean main.
if you dont think volibear is overpowered then your retarded lol

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7he White Guy View Post
I don't think you got the joke.

Shenghis Khan

08-31-2012

The joke made me chuckle.

I used to play Volibear as a support a lot. I would try to feed my ADC, but the games where I went for kills, we usually won as well. I'd go Warmoggs, Frozen Mallet, Atmas, Force of Nature. The enemy teams always focused me for some reason, so the ADC could still mop up and do well late game even if he was slightly underfed early to mid.

MetalGuitarist

08-31-2012

Quote:
if you're going to challenge someone's intelligence you should probably make sure you don't make an obvious grammar mistake, it just makes you look stupid.

Jalkan

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGuitar View Post
if you're going to challenge someone's intelligence you should probably make sure you don't make an obvious grammar mistake, it just makes you look stupid.
You forgot to capitalize "if", and a comma between "intelligence" and "you".

HateDaddy

08-31-2012

Quote:
I'm not really sure if you're trolling honestly. Is support Volibear incredibly annoying in blind pick because you didn't have a support with any form of hard CC (lets say, soraka)? Yes. However, is he easy to avoid? Yes. He's all melee and incredibly easy to poke. If you're the ADC or the other support in bot lane flirting around with him in melee range, you deserve to die. Honestly, just focus on CS and don't feed him. In order for him to become that "op tank" he needs to get CS. When he's support, he's just building GP10 and support items. His passive makes him somewhat tanky but ignite says hello.

Honestly, there's nothing really over-powered about him. He's an awful support. He has SOME decent match-ups in top lane. The best place for Volibear is in the jungle really. He has decent ganks, respectable clear-time and because of his passive, he can actually counter jungle fairly well since most junglers (other than shaco and eve) wont be carrying ignite.

So, as far as support Voli? Alistar, Leona, Nunu, Nautilus (who can also be an awesome jungle) all do it better. Even some of the more unconventional supports like Shen, Pantheon, Yorick (I've seen it and it SUCKS to lane against), Cho'gath and Malphite are way better.

And also, ironically enough, Zilean is a better support. Constant harass, an awesome ulti, crazy good utility, etc. Just don't be dumb and get in range or Volibear will have a special claw for Zilean.

EDIT: This was truly outrageous on my part. I forgot to mention Taric. He does it better, he truly truly does it better.

Treza

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalkan View Post
You forgot to capitalize "if", and a comma between "intelligence" and "you".
a comma was in no way necessary there and he isnt the one calling someone retarded after using the wrong your