Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

08-30-2012

I need tips on Nautilus jungle and support. I feel useless as support and like I'm not doing enough to win objectives early as jungle. I feel like he's a super useful champ that I need to learn and I like his kit. Just need some advice.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Naut jungle:

The timing on activating your shield is a huge part when you are jungling, for example, you can often start the shield few seconds before you do the wolves camp, that way the cooldown goes off early while you do get to use the shield to tank the wolves.

Anchoring walls between camps can be used to speed up the jungle

Try to space out the crowd control when you are ganking, do not use Q, snare (passive), slow and ultimate at the same time, space them out will allow your teammates to do much more damage though out a longer period.

Naut support:

Naut support has a much higher burst damage in lane compare to Blitz support, but more limited as he will drag himself toward the enemy as well.

Standard gp10 build

Bush control is the key, you need to make sure you are in the bush most of the time and apply pressure to the enemy, aka "zoning"

Kxtee

08-30-2012

Hey, ExecutionerKen! Thanks for this thread, got a lot of great tips to glean.

My perspective may be a bit different: I'm just starting in LoL. I actually got turned onto LoL by watching some tournaments and streams, so I love it as a spectator game so far but just started playing (only level 5 now). I don't imagine I'll ever be pro or top elo or anything like that, but I'd like to be as competent and flexible as my little playtime allows me by the time I hit 30 and eventually start on ranked play.

My question is basically this: what should I be looking for mostly as I level up? Just try every champion? Focus on a few champions to play well? Try to build a stable of a few champions for every role and get used to those guys while at least seeing each champ once?
I know that last hitting and map awareness are important; what other fundamentals should I focus on building into myself as I level up?

Also, I've heard to avoid runes until level 20. That said, is jungling still viable to practice pre-20 (even with no leash), or are runes really required for that?

The general plan I've thought to go by is to try every champion at least once while finding and practicing more on three champions for each major role, gradually building a stable I like as I go, but would love suggestions for other ways to build myself into a decent LoL player with good habits.

Thanks!

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Who do you think is the easiest ranged AD carry to learn?

A few days ago I asked who carries the hardest, but I realise I need to actually learn the role properly before attempting to carry. That means starting from scratch.

I was thinking Caitlyn was the easiest/safest, but that's just my scrub 1k ELO opinion. xD
My current AD's I own list - Ashe, Ezreal, Graves, Kog'maw, Sivir, Tristana, Twitch, Varus and Vayne.

ExecutionerKen

08-30-2012

You should try as many champions as you can and find the role that you like. Even though most people at higher elo tends to know a bit of every role. they won't main more than 3 out of 5 roles. Some roles such as jungler or support is completely different from the others, thus really important to learn since you can't pick your favorite role in normal or ranked every single time.

Last hitting is a good thing to practice on, other things such as zone control, poke, gank and the attempt to take the map control are also really good to start practicing on.

As for runes set, if you want to jungle pre-20, you need t1 runes and a leash most of the time. Junglers should not jungle without a leash since it will be a lot slower and the true effectiveness of having a jungler will not be as clear as no jungler. Once you are level 20 you should move on to t3 runes
If you seriously don't want to buy t1 runes, then you can try to jungle with safe junglers such as warwick and udyr. Both of them have nice built in sustain.
*Note: Don't buy t2 runes

Generally for builds there are 3 main idea
1. Cost effectiveness
2. Damage
3. Survivability

What this means is that no matter how glass cannon you want to build your ranged AD as, you should still leave an item for defensive purpose, since a dead AD cannot do any damage to the enemy

At the same time, even though a bruiser can go really tanky by just building warmogs, GA, banshee and more, it is advised not to do so, since the enemy will be able to ignore a full tank that is not a threat to them.

Finally, builds should be cost effective. One good example will be the balance between health and resistance. In order to achieve the most effective health (eHP), you must find a balance between building health and resistance items. And even then, if the enemy have true damage or % health scale damage, all the math will be needed to recalculate again. This takes a lot of experience but you should always pay attention to.

Hawko0313

08-31-2012

ive played udyr for a while and still find that my mid game is lacking and i often lose the level and score advantage i had early on. As a jungling udyr what is my role in the downtime often i keep buying wards and support lanes that need help but is there anything else that i should be doing during the midgame period without spending too much time in the lanes.

ExecutionerKen

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawko0313 View Post
ive played udyr for a while and still find that my mid game is lacking and i often lose the level and score advantage i had early on. As a jungling udyr what is my role in the downtime often i keep buying wards and support lanes that need help but is there anything else that i should be doing during the midgame period without spending too much time in the lanes.
As a jungle udyr you have really strong jungle clear ability, and you are often really strong for doing objectives such as dragon or stealing the enemy buff.

Make sure that you don't spend too much time in the lane for ganking, try to be as quick as possible, then just keep ganking once you hit that mid game and try to push some turret down for map control. That way, both your team and you can gain access into enemy jungle much easier.

Jesot

08-31-2012

If I'm jungling with a champ with snowball potential (e.g. Jax), should I even worry about getting my adc fed if I can get myself fed?

mrgoogls

08-31-2012

i am between 1200 and 1300 elo. i really need to get better at playing mid and jungle. who is good to start with for each of these roles? and who counters who in the mid/jungle?

mrgoogls

08-31-2012

also what are good runes for mid/jungle?