Reverse Camera angle please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Discojapi

Senior Member

08-30-2012

Unlocked is much better xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-30-2012

I'd like to disagree. Once you get used to LoL you find no difference. especially if you scale down your HUD and remove the walls between the important parts (all in-game options). Also, there are good things that come out of being purple side. Such as: Your top lane only has to ward blue buff river entry. Your jungler can start red and level 2 gank top. Your bot lane only has to ward tri bush. Baron is on your side of the map, meaning it's easier to steal it by going through your jungle rather than going through enemies. Those are major points in game. I'm not going to be one of those people who say "LEARN TO PLAY UNLOCKED NOOB!". Tbh, i play locked and only unlock to look at other parts of the map or when im analyzing a situation. I find myself clicking "Y" and then move my mouse again and click "Y" again just out of habit because i am able to look further for a split second. Works for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OB3S3DONK3Y

Member

08-30-2012

I agree entirely. I know how to play unlocked screen effectively.BUT, there is always a but isn't there. BUT, the fact that blue side does not have to unlock their camera in every situation is an advantage and IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE OPPOSING TEAM. No one can say otherwise. That's like saying the home team at a football game gets to have a fully inflated football while the other team gets a semi-inflated football. Still works,but not as effectively. Please Riot, read this thread and think about it. PLEASE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo Cortex

Junior Member

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB3S3DONK3Y View Post
I agree entirely. I know how to play unlocked screen effectively.BUT, there is always a but isn't there. BUT, the fact that blue side does not have to unlock their camera in every situation is an advantage and IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE OPPOSING TEAM. No one can say otherwise. That's like saying the home team at a football game gets to have a fully inflated football while the other team gets a semi-inflated football. Still works,but not as effectively. Please Riot, read this thread and think about it. PLEASE!
I'd say it's more like one team having to spend the entire game looking into the sun, rather than one team playing with a semi inflated ball. But I completely agree with you. It's not fair that one team has this slight advantage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Go For Evil View Post
I'd say it's more like one team having to spend the entire game looking into the sun, rather than one team playing with a semi inflated ball. But I completely agree with you. It's not fair that one team has this slight advantage
No it's not! The camera is an OVERHEAD VIEW. It does NOT 'slant' in either direction. If my character is the in middle of the screen, I see just as much area in front of him as I do behind him, regardless of which way I am facing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
No it's not! The camera is an OVERHEAD VIEW. It does NOT 'slant' in either direction. If my character is the in middle of the screen, I see just as much area in front of him as I do behind him, regardless of which way I am facing.
It is not a bird's eye view. The view is at a slant. If it was truly a bird's eye view of the map, you would only see the top of the head of a (human) champion when locked. If the camera view was slanted, you could see someone's back with the locked camera. The camera leans south of a champion when locked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

majorasmaskfan

Junior Member

09-03-2012

you can use the space bar to center the camera on your champ and holding it down will lock it and letting go will unlock it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wordbrah

Member

09-03-2012

People play with locked camera? Thats gotta be terrible. Ive never used it and never will its horrid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danish Vikingz

Senior Member

09-04-2012

So you keep asking why many people are against Riot, fixing this by making HUD menu switchable from bottom of the screen till the top of the screen. The answer to this is very, very, very, very and very simple.

WASTE OF TIME. Riot's staff is of course limited, due to the nature of its business model, where no income is steady. Why the hell should they use a lot of time coding/programming to fix a "problem" which is nonexistent.

Now you will tell me that there is in fact a problem, but mate there isn't. The game was meant to be played with an unlocked camera, so the game should not adapt to you, you should adapt to it.
IF you are not able to learn how to play the game with an unlocked camera, you should not be playing the game at all.
You don't enter a swimming contest, knowingly that you cannot swim. Simple as that.

In my opinion(this might not be shared with a lot of people) you shouldn't even join a game, if you know that you cannot play properly if fate decides to put you on the purple team. Same goes for joining a game knowing you have HIGH ping and will lack the entire game, therefore have a huge disadvantage and a big chance you will feed and be useless. The fun of 4 over the fun of 1...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
So you keep asking why many people are against Riot, fixing this by making HUD menu switchable from bottom of the screen till the top of the screen. The answer to this is very, very, very, very and very simple.

WASTE OF TIME. Riot's staff is of course limited, due to the nature of its business model, where no income is steady. Why the hell should they use a lot of time coding/programming to fix a "problem" which is nonexistent.

Now you will tell me that there is in fact a problem, but mate there isn't. The game was meant to be played with an unlocked camera, so the game should not adapt to you, you should adapt to it.
IF you are not able to learn how to play the game with an unlocked camera, you should not be playing the game at all.
You don't enter a swimming contest, knowingly that you cannot swim. Simple as that.

In my opinion(this might not be shared with a lot of people) you shouldn't even join a game, if you know that you cannot play properly if fate decides to put you on the purple team. Same goes for joining a game knowing you have HIGH ping and will lack the entire game, therefore have a huge disadvantage and a big chance you will feed and be useless. The fun of 4 over the fun of 1...
That's a bad comparison, in my opinion. Apples to oranges. Nearly every patch, many (though not all) champions and items are nerfed and buffed because Riot hasn't found the balance they desire. Also, the game does conform to people. Not too long ago, Riot added a colorblind mode. (That's very considerate, I've never seen it done for a game)

A game is only made with the player in mind, and unless you are/were a previous employee of Riot, I suggest you find a quote from one specifically mentioning the lack of equity affecting the ability to change the game.

Screen lock exists for a reason, please do not seem so elitist.