Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AfraidOfTheDark

08-29-2012

I was hoping for a damage buff on rengar :S

BrutalGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

the Rengar buffs are virtually nonexistent and only ONE of his MANY MANY bugs got addressed...guess we just spend 6300ip/975rp on a newer placeholder champ...sweet!

Meanwhile RIOT thinks redoing a Diana skin is more important!?

Jenksfunkel

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
The issue comes from the skin already being sold and then shortly after release being changed into, essentially, something different. This was done because she wasn't thematically accurate? I can think of plenty of skins that break canon and aren't thematically accurate. The other reason is because she looks too much like Syndra? Then why is content that players have already paid for being changed as opposed to the content that hasn't even been released yet?

In the end, the reasons to the change are Riot's alone, and they hold that discretion and authority to do so. I, personally, do not like the change and am disappointed at the outcome.

Does this mean that I'm going to cry and quit playing this game or start stomping my feet and scream? No. All this does is lower my confidence when purchasing digital content from your company.

Hashmäl

08-29-2012

Those Diana nerfs wont hurt her at all, the only reason they are changing her model is because she looks too much like Luna in DotA and they don't want to get sued.

Eagle In A Blimp

08-29-2012

Let's make Katarina more overpowered

Alright! Smart!

PriorityOne

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
This is bull****.

Lazreal

08-29-2012

did this patch go live yet?

MitaTortilla

08-29-2012

Riot, why do you only tweak the popular champions?

Klungo

08-29-2012

MORDE IS RUINED OMG!!!

Glad they fixed the akali bug though

Hasuobs

08-29-2012

sigh... 16 seconds on Shen taunt..