Nasus the hard to kill but lots of damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ispankedurmom

09-12-2010

i figured this build myself when i was just playing around on nasus you might think this build is a little bit wierd but trust me its good and lots of survivability in it and u can actually get the whole build before the game ends and the good thing about it is u cant get pounded at the start of the game with it (if ur smart of course)!!

Runes/masteries:
masteries u have 2 go 21/0/9. for blue runes you want 0.9 cd reduction at lvl 18. for seals i got max 1.8 mana regen at lvl 18. marks you want the 2 armour pen marks stack them. Quints grab flat health for survivability at start.

Skill order:
1.spirit fire
2.siphon strike
3.wither
4.spirit fire
5.spirit fire/siphon strike
6.sandstorm
7.siphon strike/spirit fire
8.wither
9.siphon strike
10.wither
11.sandstorm
12.siphon strike
13.siphon strike
14.wither
15.wither/spirit fire
16.sandstorm
17.wither/spirit fire
18.spirit fire

Reason for skill order:
Now you may be thinking why doesnt he max spirit fire? i'll tell u why if u build spirit fire over rank 3 it will start to kill minions and u wont be able to farm ur siphon strike. i have also maxed wither before it because it is a good escape or engage move and is top priority but its a little bit useless only sitting on rank 1. This skill order is also good because with my build u should ask to solo a lane either if sum1 is jungleing or if an easy squishy range is going mid or even a melee because nasus can show up kat and maybe even morde.

Summoner spells:
i usually get a flash/ignite and clarity/exhaust. The reason for these is if u have flash and you see that someone is getting away all u gotta do is flash then wither or flash and exhaust. i get clarity for early game because nasus does not have alot of mana and he oom quite fast because of harrasing with spirit fire and last hittin with siphon strike. Exhaust is for those people who are getting away while your wither is on cd.

Build:
Start things of with a:
Dorans ring
mercuries/beserker (depending on other team).
long sword + recurve bow >> last whisper
cloak of agility + chain vest>> atma's impaler
phage + giants belt>> Frozen mallet (for the slow and health working with atma's)
B.F sword + cloak of agility + pickaxe >> infinity edge
by now u should be owning but if the game continues on then sell ur dorans and grab
negatron cloak + catalyst >> banshees veil(lots of nukes)/trinity(1 or more squishys half there health can be dropped with 1 ss) /madreds bloodrazor (tanks in there team)

Tactics:
This build is dynamite in a group fight as long as they dont all target you they could mistake you for a tank because of all of ur health. also another point of this build i your ulti corrosponding with atma's impaler. Your aim is to save all your cd's what you want is to get dropped to about half health then have some cocky ad person chase you in this situation. Once you get them alone with nice damage and a decent amount of crit. You spirit fire so it starts reducing there armour, Pop your ulti this drains 5% of there life and the health will b adding an extra 200 damage per hit + the 200+ damage health conversion from its ability onto you. Then hit them with a wither which will; dramtically drop there as turning there 400 damage per second into 400 damage per 5 seconds this is also when u starting bombing damage and your passive lifesteal shows what its there for and gets u back over 75% health. This is when they realise they are under 20% health and start running u chase now if they get to far ahead by the time ur wither cd is over flash to catch up and hit wither but i tell u no1 can run away from nasus hit them with 1 siphon strike and bam there dead and u get 2 damage haha. I like this build because the survivability of it is great and u can also off tank aswell as put out the most damage on your team .Another thing I figured out with this build is u can 2 vs 1 and be even stronger because of ur ulti is converting more damage out of life drainige. I actually 2 vs 1 a xin and olaf and beat them only for there fed nuke 2 run in and finish me .

Thanks for reading my guide i hope it works well for you feedback if you like is welcome also my first guide so it may be a lil rusty

BrokenBoySoulja

09-12-2010

Another DPS Nasus, great

Im sorry mate but you've wasted your time, the market for Nasus guides is already well over its saturation point

ispankedurmom

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenBoySoulja View Post
Another DPS Nasus, great

Im sorry mate but you've wasted your time, the market for Nasus guides is already well over its saturation point
I do not care if my time is wasted i want people to have fun and for nasus starters this guide is great i want people to use my guide for victory.

Gyoro

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispankedurmom View Post
I do not care if my time is wasted i want people to have fun and for nasus starters this guide is great i want people to use my guide for victory.
You cannot self declare your guide great.

I stopped reading at zerker greaves.

DMG1

09-12-2010

I stopped reading at SS being the first skill maxed

C00LST0RYBR0

09-12-2010

Quote:
Tactics:
This build is dynamite in a group fight as long as they dont all target you they could mistake you for a tank because of all of ur health.
What if they do?

Ok you have 2 ranked games, which you lost.
Your runes are very weird (armor per level, mana per level). what?
You have 3 games with Nasus with 2 wins, 1 loss.

Please don't post some guide after you have played 3 games with a champion. That's hardly any experience at all, and just plain random. This isn't helpin anyone.

I have easily done 100 games with Nasus and it's basicly a fact the Nasus Tank build is the way to go at any decent level of play.

Sorry to break this to you mate.

alsowikk

09-12-2010

Quote:
Your guide is filled with mistakes(beseker greaves, focus on attack speed, not using sheen, not maxing spirit fire, and 3 games as nasus are all problems) and is in no way even comparable to Hyfe's tank nasus. Dps nasus is a weak premise that is only made weaker by a poor item build and ignoring Nasus's true role on the battlefield.

Encoding

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
What if they do?

Ok you have 2 ranked games, which you lost.
Your runes are very weird (armor per level, mana per level). what?
You have 3 games with Nasus with 2 wins, 1 loss.

Please don't post some guide after you have played 3 games with a champion. That's hardly any experience at all, and just plain random. This isn't helpin anyone.

I have easily done 100 games with Nasus and it's basicly a fact the Nasus Tank build is the way to go at any decent level of play.

Sorry to break this to you mate.
What this guy said.

Taking Doran's Ring over Doran's Shield. Getting Atma's 2nd. Maxing Siphon Strike before Spirit Fire or Wither. Flash instead of Ghost. All of these are things you should NOT do.

You shouldn't be using Spirit Fire on creep waves in the first place. You should be last hitting with Q and last hitting only. Unless you want to push, in which case a higher ranked Spirit Fire will clear them out faster, getting you to the turret quicker, winning the game quicker for you. Hyfe's guide is pretty much the end all be all for Nasus, granted you can switch out a few things for individual gameplay. Personally I prefer MR runes over CDR runes. I take Manamune after my Sheen and I don't build Triforce.

CarlSagansCosmos

09-12-2010

Unfortuantly, I agree. Berserker greaves are a horrible item.

Sheen isn't a must (though, I'm going by what Hyfe has said, and while he agrees it's not necessary, he's reluctant to take it off), but if you're new to nasus, I would suggest it just because (for me) it helps build SS. You should go only tank with Nasus or at least off-tank. you will be focused.

On that, you're style of guide isn't bad...you just to really understand who and what you're writing for.

C00LST0RYBR0

09-12-2010

Sheen is still ok, but Trinity im unsure. I rarely get that now, since the nerf, which is very noticable.