Tank Ashe Top Lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

08-28-2012

Yeah. I'll post replay either way.

11b Lead the Way

08-28-2012

I have tried a few times. Although breaking the Meta is near impossible in team select. First game I was given top but bot lane didn't select an ad carry. We had ad fiddle and garen. Needless to say however I was the only positive player and had fb against jarvan. Next game a Olaf went top with me and int fed 11 deaths. But it seems highly viable. They focus you out of instinct and they don't kill you quickly and waste abilities. And chasing is no longer an issue for a team with your abilities on tank Ashe. Give it a try guys! post feedback.

Attico

08-28-2012

I've been considering a similar thing with Graves.
His passive makes him extra tanky, does plenty of low CD damage in a fight, has an escape, and counters most tops pretty well. No utility in a team fight though, just a bruiser target no one can resist in the middle of a fight.
Who ya gonna focus...ranged AD kiting you or that Graves up in your face?

Jesot

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b Lead the Way View Post
I have tried a few times. Although breaking the Meta is near impossible in team select. First game I was given top but bot lane didn't select an ad carry. We had ad fiddle and garen. Needless to say however I was the only positive player and had fb against jarvan. Next game a Olaf went top with me and int fed 11 deaths. But it seems highly viable. They focus you out of instinct and they don't kill you quickly and waste abilities. And chasing is no longer an issue for a team with your abilities on tank Ashe. Give it a try guys! post feedback.
What was your build?

Jesot

08-28-2012

Played one game. No jungle. Might have been ok. Should have won the game.

Shut down Darius, but felt useless. Would have been stronger with a jungle and a more aggressive adc than Caitlyn

MangyHobo

05-16-2013

I went ashe top against rengar.. rushed frozen mallet but it was a difficult lane.. got a kill against sion. shot him once and he was like not moving.. so I stood there and killed him
wasn't bad just don't play ashe against a rengar

Jesot

05-17-2013

I tried this in season 2. It just isn't that good. There aren't very good tanky dps items for her. The best one is redundant (frozen mallet), and atmogs is pretty crappy since atma's was nerfed oh so long ago.

You don't die, but you don't do enough damage to be worth anything to your team. You're like a second support.

Technician Tim

05-17-2013

if tankarina works, so can this

burem0n0

05-05-2014

With no escape, she is just gonna get wrecked by top laners with a gap closer such as Jax, Wukong, Renekton etc.

iP1ayJarvan

05-07-2014

If you gonna do that, do support ashe instead of wasting a top laner's farm. You can go tanky on a support budget, but I personally like going Shiv/Runaan's/Cleaver for lategame (Rush zeal and avarice first, then finish runaan's and cleaver before finishing shiv).

I imagine this could work for top lane too, and you can fill the remaining 2 slots (excluding boots) for tank items like randuins and/or banshee's veil.