So , if I don't pick a tank ....

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biznerto

09-11-2010

Definitely happens to me. I ended up picking Shen most of the time. Then I realized I like wins better than kills, so now I enjoy tanking.

And since people die less with an effective tank, there's less raging.

People notice and thank you when you go 5/2/30.

Euant

09-11-2010

Yea I get this problem. It's annoying that (in my experience) over half of the players I come across in Normal queues will immediately pick a champion and lock-in. I know personally that I'm not meant to be a tank outside of MMORPGs. I just have that mindset that I shouldn't be taking damage. Usually lose 3/5th of my matches when I'm forced into playing a tank.

Sourpatch

09-11-2010

I play tanks a lot...and I usually lose when I don't.

insanipanda

09-11-2010

I hate the fact that everyone immediately always wants to pick carries because all they want are kills. If they can't do epic damage and kill heroes they don't play. So many people have no concept of team comp. I usually tank anyway but there's been many times I've just said **** it and had 5 carries on our team just to spite the idiots. I'll take the losses if it teaches people lessons, or just gives them losses for doing so. People need to be more considerate when picking, solo queue or not. I am good at tanks, but I am also good at some carries and I enjoy playing them every now and then, but when I want to it's either I play them and lose for not having a tank or just be bored and play a tank again.

Gypsy

09-11-2010

i usually wind up playing the tank, but im a bit too agressive for tank ive found, and end up dying more often than i should, ive recently moved to annie and anivia and find that i die a lot less and am more helpful.

P.S. (godly tip>) Taric is the best on TT. i have played about 40 games with taric on TT and lost maybe 3 of them, he is amazing with heals n stuns n poppy LOL (btw aura build is the way to go with him)

svartingr

09-11-2010

I usually end up tanking as well.

Which makes me sad, because Miss Fortune is fun.

But fortunately, no one ever expects Nasus.

Contralize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

I know~! i get first pick, i pick a carry, then the rest of my teammates pick squishy mages/carries what the hell

Mothertrucker

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contralize View Post
I know~! i get first pick, i pick a carry, then the rest of my teammates pick squishy mages/carries what the hell

Sometimes i think they are trying to bluff , but no ... If i had picked a random squishie they wouldnt of changed their picks.... they rather lose than take one for the team .

yellowfrog

09-11-2010

Singed's effectiveness depends on the team compositions. Basically he's good for isolating squishies, but it's bad if the other team is made up of melee DPS champs and your team are squishy casters. He just doesn't have the cc other tanks have to keep them off your team.

Devious Rogue

09-11-2010

Same. I recently started trying out Amumu instead of my favourite Fiddlesticks because no-one else would pick a Tank. Thing is though, it takes some to play a Tank. You don't get kills (most of the time) and you don't get the glories and honours that go with Pentakills and Aces. Your job is to basically take s*** from the enemies and hope your allies beat them down faster than they can beat you down.

123456 ... 9