How do you Build Regnar for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS11a369b6d1d339

08-25-2012

Am reallly struggling , it seems like I just get taken out in like one or two hits. Is regnar not good for Dom, or just a bad build?

Glumduk

08-25-2012

He's not tanky enough, or not derpsy enough - one of the two. He's too easily kited outside of grass, and seems to die inside of a stun. If you want someone who does his job better, pick Warwick or Jax.

Dekin

08-25-2012

Im having issues with this myself. I really like the guy, but after trying phreaks build, cdr/triforce build, even mallet plus IE or SB and though all seemingly work on their own, each feels like their missing something from the other.

IS11a369b6d1d339

08-25-2012

it is like he needs a jungle/minion farming period to build up ferocity before he can attack a champion

naotasan

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
Im having issues with this myself. I really like the guy, but after trying phreaks build, cdr/triforce build, even mallet plus IE or SB and though all seemingly work on their own, each feels like their missing something from the other.
Never, ever, trust Phreak for any Dominion build, ever.

Dekin

08-25-2012

Right. That's kind of why I like to max cdr with him. So your ult can remain handy when you need the ferocity, or anything else it can provide really. And at a 30 second cd, you can get a lot of mileage out of it. My current cdr build leaves me kinda lacking in offense and really lacking in defense. I'd be interested in a good cdr defensive build for him

Dekin

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Never, ever, trust Phreak for any Dominion build, ever.
In this particualr case I think phreaks build is, like he said, a well rounded build. But playing it a couple times, especially first thing, made me want to see what else he can do. But again, it wasnt a BAD build. imo.

larkhill

08-25-2012

ive had some decent success.
revive/garrison (might replace garrison with something else)
21/9/0
arp reds
armor yellows
cdr/lvl blues
movespeed quints
R > Q > W > E

bonetooth
boots 1
2 hp pots
brut
boots 2 (merc/tabi)
maw/atmas (depending on if u need armor or MR
last whisper (if needed)
triforce

my issue with cdr is that it doesnt actually give u more dps. rengar deals dmg almost exclusively through his q combo. if u dont kill someone inside that initial combo/initiation, no amt of cdr is going to help you. think of it like veigar. if u dont kill someone in that initial burst of yours, ur not really useful in a teamfight anymore

as far as tankiness goes, its the same issue. no amt of it will get u closer to surviving a teamfight the same way as a tanky dps will. think of him moreso as an assassin than the fighter he's classed as. his dmg is bursty so u should build just enough defense to survive the initial burst of any champ. if u dont kill someone 2 or 3 seconds after your initial Q combo, its over. anyway.

Ohasis

08-25-2012

I've been building the following in a 5 man team with friends and we're pretty competent with the first top engagement :

Boots, bonetooth, pots
Youmuu
Maw/Mallet depending on needs
If maw was picked, mallet. If mallet was picked, bloodthirster.

PS. His name is Rengar. :3

Phourc

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohasis View Post
PS. His name is Gengar. :3
Fixed.

I can't be the only one disappointed he doesn't use dream eater, can I?