Sick of hearing "You really think Riot will ban me?"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalosCast

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
However, if it's at a local gym that has a rule against drinking/eating (trolling, feeding), and you tell the gym owner (Riot), then it matters a lot more because they are actually in a position of power.
Please refer to my previous post. This analogy doesn't work, equating Riot Games to Riot Gym would only work if Riot Gym was the size of Manhattan with soccer constantly being played all the time and there's only a couple people who have to personally review every behavioral complaint on the security cameras because they have to contend with all the frivolous whiners, trolls, and tryhards reporting with illegitimate complaints. Also, even if you tell them that they aren't welcome in your game, they can't go join a new game until after your game is over, and even then there's plenty of people who don't know about their behavior that will be happy to take them in for a round.

NINailedYou

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalosCast View Post
Please refer to my previous post. This analogy doesn't work, equating Riot Games to Riot Gym would only work if Riot Gym was the size of Manhattan with soccer constantly being played all the time and there's only a couple people who have to personally review every behavioral complaint on the security cameras because they have to contend with all the frivolous whiners, trolls, and tryhards reporting with illegitimate complaints. Also, even if you tell them that they aren't welcome in your game, they can't go join a new game until after your game is over, and even then there's plenty of people who don't know about their behavior that will be happy to take them in for a round.
I'm just curious KalosCast, you seem to be vehemently defending these trollers. Do you frequently afk, call people names, tell the other team where people are in /all?

Sourpatch

09-11-2010

Its unfortunate that the community is getting to the point were we have to report people and HOPE that they get banned because they are such horrible people, not players, people. I don't want to deal with someone verbally bashing me while I play a tank and don't get a positive K/D ratio but have 23 assists, nor do I want to deal with the rage afk/leaver because someone "kill-stole" them. GET OVER IT. You all said it, it's a game. Grow up.

Honestly, I don't care if it's the internet, stop acting like you're tough because you're behind a monitor and grow up. There's no point in acting like a child and ruining things for other people just because you don't get your way.

NINailedYou

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourpatch View Post
Its unfortunate that the community is getting to the point were we have to report people and HOPE that they get banned because they are such horrible people, not players, people.
Does this happen in every game or just free games? I really only play this game and starcraft and people hardly do this to eachother in starcraft but occasionally you'll get a jerk that's like "YOU GOT OWNED NOOB"

KalosCast

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINailedYou View Post
I'm just curious KalosCast, you seem to be vehemently defending these trollers. Do you frequently afk, call people names, tell the other team where people are in /all?
I'm not defending anybody, learn to read. I'm simply stating that (1) The RL analogy doesn't work, this is because the internet is not the same thing as face-to-face experiences and (2) Nobody is going to care if you threaten to report them, and all it's really going to do to trolls and tryhards is to say "look at me, I'm a fun person to victimize."

Sorry bro, you're going to have to try to come up with a meaningful argument.

TerritorialFish

09-11-2010

Quote:
I'm not defending anybody, learn to read. I'm simply stating that (1) The RL analogy doesn't work, this is because the internet is not the same thing as face-to-face experiences and (2) Nobody is going to care if you threaten to report them, and all it's really going to do to trolls and tryhards is to say "look at me, I'm a fun person to victimize."

Sorry bro, you're going to have to try to come up with a meaningful argument.
Haha, you never answered the question... Slick. Just like a politician =D

KalosCast

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritorialFish View Post
Haha, you never answered the question... Slick. Just like a politician =D
Loaded question, look it up. The basic premise of the question itself assumes something that I was never doing in this thread. However no, I am not a rager and, in fact, always report harassers and afkers. I just don't pretend it makes me the Might of Demacia for doing it and try to cow other people into submission by threatening to make the game send off an automated e-mail to the dev team.

TerritorialFish

09-11-2010

Quote:
Loaded question, look it up. The basic premise of the question itself assumes something that I was never doing in this thread. However no, I am not a rager and, in fact, always report harassers and afkers. I just don't pretend it makes me the Might of Demacia for doing it and try to cow other people into submission by threatening to make the game send off an automated e-mail to the dev team.
Ya that's true I guess, but at level 20 you won't see a LOT of the raging that happens when you get to 30. When you can start playing ranked games, people's ego's will take over their manners and make the game less fun

KalosCast

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritorialFish View Post
Ya that's true I guess, but at level 20 you won't see a LOT of the raging that happens when you get to 30. When you can start playing ranked games, people's ego's will take over their manners and make the game less fun
This is something that happens with competitive play in almost every game, and one of the reasons I don't particularly care for it. If you want to play casual, then you're going to have to live with the fact that some people take the game more seriously than you do (and often times, way too seriously). However, you shouldn't be shocked and offended when total strangers don't change their personality, however poisonous it may be, because you told them that you don't much care for it.