Laning with Fizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

How do you harass early game with Fizz? So far I've played very passively and focused on last hits until level 6. This has worked well against Kat and Diana. They have the early advantage, but post-6 home girls are getting fished. But what do you do against a really aggressive enemy you need to get to back off? I got crushed by a Mordekaiser last night because he could harass me behind the tower without ever taking a tower hit. I had a little trouble with a Cho'gath mid too, since any harassment puts me in his scream range and he gets too durable too quickly for me to burst down alone.

Etherimp

08-24-2012

Gank other lanes vs Morde and Cho. They are not the most mobile of champions, and they are farm machines.. Push your lane, if possible, then run down bot and get a double kill. Come back fed, and own them.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Gank other lanes vs Morde and Cho. They are not the most mobile of champions, and they are farm machines.. Push your lane, if possible, then run down bot and get a double kill. Come back fed, and own them.
But how do you push your lane against Morde? I was literally behind the tower and still getting harassed without Morde taking a shot.

roastbeast

08-24-2012

How I harrass with fizz is I level my W first then e then q. At level 3 you can use your w dive with q melee then use e to avoid combos or damage then you can the simply walk away. they will be bleeing our with your w dot rinse and repeat. be careful though and use your e when you need to avoid damage or use it to secure a kill. Try to avoid wasting it though because then youre really vulnerable to ganks and combos which can get you killed.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeast View Post
How I harrass with fizz is I level my W first then e then q. At level 3 you can use your w dive with q melee then use e to avoid combos or damage then you can the simply walk away. they will be bleeing our with your w dot rinse and repeat. be careful though and use your e when you need to avoid damage or use it to secure a kill. Try to avoid wasting it though because then youre really vulnerable to ganks and combos which can get you killed.
How do you balance the need to conserve mana with the fact that an effective harrass needs all 3 skills comboed?

roastbeast

08-25-2012

I start boots and potions. it only costs 90 mana to use W and Q combo the hard part is knowing when you need E. E takes 90 mana alone, a lot of time early on you dont need to use E to get away, if you time your attacks just after they use a spell or 2 I go in with only minimal damage taken they will be taking a lot more. My first item I get is catalyst for the regen and mana and hp. After I get that I just ask for blue or just be smart and use your mana only when its favorable.

Darkness123123

08-25-2012

its simple if they come to the turret jump then dive to them making you a distance away go back to turret, jump and kill if it is eginning level 1 you shouldnt have the prob

Cenerae

08-26-2012

Fizz's main issue is that his laning really is bad compared to most mages.

Your best bet is to bait out your opponent's combo with your polevault and then auto them a few times. Seastone Trident does quite a lot of damage, so if you can get in close with your enemy's skills down they're going to take some hurt.

Other than that you may just have to tower hug and ask your jungler to help out. Once you get a lead on your opponent, you should be able to keep it.

Try saving Q as an escape, since you can jump over to them, dodge any skillshots in the process, then Q at an enemy minion to get back out of range.

edit - also if you're against a Kat, play extremely aggressive against her early game. Her damage is pitiful beyond belief when compared to every other mage in the game, and that doesn't change until she gets to around level 8 and has some items. Don't be afraid to trade with her.

Chrispyery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzidHTPVing
^Siv HD's Fizz guide :9

Lord Puppy Fury

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispyery View Post
Thank you for that. That was really funny.

Looking at his build, though, are MS quints a good idea on Fizz? I do feel like Fizz is a little slower than I'd like, but will I give up too much without AP quints? (Also, I more or less have a generic AD and AP page at the moment. If I know I want to play a certain champ I can switch up some runes, but I don't have more specific pages yet.)