Yordles and Meglings

Yay. (Separate them) 162 48.36%
Nay. (Yordle dominance) 173 51.64%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Yordles and Meglings

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twigg

09-11-2010

Currently, Tristana, Poppy, Corki, Heimerdinger and Teemo are all considered Yordles in the LoL lore.

However, CBTs will remember that Tristana used to belong to a separate race called Meglings.

What does the community think. Bring back Meglings?

PhantomChaos

09-11-2010

Oh god this thing again...

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

09-11-2010

Meglings are actually not a race. All Meglings are Yordles but not all Yordles are Meglings.

I know this because Megling Yordles taste just like any other Yordle when bbqed.

Eppa

09-11-2010

^The megling genocide shall be remembered!

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

Meglings used to be separate back in the early beta. Basically they had Yordles and Meglings. They were both small humanoids but had different features (as you can see in comparing Teemo to Tristana). They changed it since it was too confusing having two small humanoid races that were very similar and stuff. Then they had some lore added to errata the old lore -- having Meglings as some type of Elite Yordle military or something.

Racist Grandpa

09-11-2010

I still see nightmares about that horrible night when god erased the megling race just to please himself.

Rubeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Yet no explanation for the horrid sexual dimorphism.

Sorano

09-11-2010

I kind of understood that Meglings were the female half of the Yordles.

Zzilb

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
Yet no explanation for the horrid sexual dimorphism.
It has never been that hard for me to swallow. We're talking about a highly magical world in which things like Twitch and Rammus accidentally occur. Extreme mutation is acceptable. Its been argued before that variation in fur and kittynoses are all no different from human eye and hair, and if we find standard understanding of biology isnt enough to dismiss it theres good old 'Its maaaagic' to wave it all away.

Why should this be problematic? Nothing else in these stories seems to have to correlate to the norms of really real reality? Why this?

Luchen

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

I would rather having Yordles and Meglings being a separate race because they look like a separate species and it would be better to have more and diverse races lore-wise.

12345 ... 7