Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grybranix View Post
You guys need to get a data analyst on your team because you have no idea what the **** you're doing

seriously you are so blindingly incompetent it completely blows my mind
So I'm going to guess you got banned.

I'm also willing to bet you display attitude like this in game. Like would report Riot for being unskilled analysts.

I'm ok with the ban.

Kshatriya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Good work going on Lyte. I appreciate the hard work!

VMan7

08-22-2012

Reserved.

E: I was going to say something, but nevermind. Riot's set their "metrics" and people will go unpunished(and punished apparently) without replays.

Xaxas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Lyte op, custom forum avatar.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
2 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiCaz View Post
So Lyte. Sometimes I get really angry in game at people with no map awareness and when i comment on their behavior (which may or may not be derogatory) I always get the same response (stfu noobs I know what I'm f***in doing and you arent helping).

I often reply "Muted and reported" to which I get "what a pu*s%" or some such response. Often times I don't actually mute them because I'd like to see their pings but this stops them from addressing me directly bc they assume I muted them. I understand that sometimes I'm contributing to the problem but I would like to know if this is what you are handing out bans for (I was not banned this time around). I don't even always report them if they chill out or I realize that they started trying to improve.

So long question is really "Is the behavior I described what you are banning for and do I do it too much?"
Your account has very few reports received and although you do report a fair number of players, you aren't extremely toxic about it. I wouldn't worry about stuff like this in your case. I wouldn't provoke players by saying "Muted and reported" but you aren't necessarily at risk either.

AlexDnD2

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spork View Post
that .02% is a lot of people
Also made worse because the first E-mail Riot sent didn't include details about using the report function. Kind of amateurish.

hypnotic13371337

08-22-2012

reserved, typing it now

Edit: nevermind, god you guys type hella fast

Happy Orin

08-22-2012

WHATA **** MAN xD i just fall of my chair kuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDXDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL THIS IS A **** XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD CONGRATS MAN XD

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spork View Post
that .02% is a lot of people
And that 'lot of people' make things worse for a group that is orders of magnitude larger, hence the ban.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowlyGuts View Post
So I'm going to guess you got banned.

I'm also willing to bet you display attitude like this in game. Like would report Riot for being unskilled analyst's.

I'm ok with the ban.
I actually did, which is kind of funny since I haven't played a single game since I saw the numbers on the Kat nerf. And I won't play a single game more until Shunpo gets un-nerfed back to how it was.

Yes, I will report someone who "gets fed up" with the team and intentionally dies at the end to finish the game when his allies are trying. Yes, I will tell him he's a giant ******bag in chat.