I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sindair

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Of all the people who sit directly to the right of you... who is your favorite?!?!
It s a trap question ! rolf

Either you say him or evade with "I like everyone"

gypsylord

Champion Designer

08-20-2012
5 of 65 Riot Posts

Answers to questions on Page 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSylph View Post
Whats your favorite fire emblem game?
"Fire Emblem" the series NA debut released for the GBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAardvark View Post
Moon or Sun?
Stick to the code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaminBen View Post
Is there an email for job applications? I made a wicked cover letter for you guys.
Go check out
http://www.riotgames.com/careers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
Can we look forward to more Teemo skins in the near future? He's in dire need of them.
You and I both know that Teemo can never have enough skins. I think Teemo should start Cosplaying as other LoL characters. Imagine if he got to wear around a Draven mustache
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMotto View Post
Since you like playing support. Do you think you will try to design a support champion?
I'm a weirdo in that I often have more fun helping my carry get kills than I do carrying and getting kills myself. Just feels so good to know "I made it so he could do that!" Would love to make a support at some point and further that type of gameplay experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thral9 View Post
whats ur fav food?!?!?!
Lasagna. I was a big Garfield fan when I was little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianaPaes View Post
Have you ever grinded an account from 1 to 30, buying runes and champions?

What are your thoughts about the IP gain?
Yes to the first question. I played the game for a long time before getting hired and went through the process of leveling an account. (Played in ranked as a level 20 back when you could do that). Can't really comment on the IP gain thing from an I REPRESENT RIOT standpoint. As a player I dumped 50 dollars into my account after the first month so that I could buy the original 40 champs. After that I never really felt lacking in terms of needing a specific dude for a specific game. Lol, I kinda liked having to unlock new champs. It gave me something to work towards and felt really awesome when I finally had enough to play that new support I'd been drooling over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
What are your favorite champion types (as in AP, AD, Assassin, Bruisers etc... just as much detail as you can put in). What makes those champions so much fun for you?
Generally I like supports. Helping people is something I find endlessly fun. I could care less if I'm getting kills. I'm the kind of guy who buys an Aura item and is like, "OMFG I GIVE MY CARRY 15% LIFESTEAL! THAT'S SO HOT!" I'm the guy who wards the lane bush against Taric and is like, "YES NOW MY CARRY CAN FARM I'M SUCH A BADASS!" Feels good man.

I also like feeling "smarter" than my opponents. This is why I play Characters like Teemo, Kass, and Shaco. All these characters have something tricky about them that really allows you to outplay people and feel like you won not just due to items or mechanical skill, but also because you're more clever than they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fapotu View Post
Is the champ your working on a gypsy champ?
nope

Pianoman7117

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Of all the people who sit directly to the right of you... who is your favorite?!?!
You guys are starting to have latenight powows on the forums in the office together aren't you..?

...epic..

13bmw13

08-20-2012

favorite teemo skin?

OneVendetta

08-20-2012

Do u know anything about Kog or Vayne? They could really use some buffs/changes IMO

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

May I add you so we can play a game some day or chat?
No questions right on point of tongue.
And welcome!!!

Quality Teammate

08-20-2012

Delete Teemo when?

Sindair

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post

You and I both know that Teemo can never have enough skins. I think Teemo should start Cosplaying as other LoL characters. Imagine if he got to wear around a Draven mustache

Ok but that would be the only one Teemo cosplay I could ever accept.

12fingerJIM

08-20-2012

Can you confirm or deny whether riot in fact holds deathmatches in a life sized version of summoner's rift in order to determine who gets the positions on their staff?

DeathByWaffle

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Hi,
I'm gypsylord, one of Riot's newest designers. I make champions.

So this is an "Ask Me ALMOST Anything" thread. I'm all about getting to know the community and I figured this would be a good way to do it. So yeah, let's chat.

-------------------------------------

Some things about me:

-I'm a champ designer. I work on champions. I don't work on things like servers, skins, or IP prices. As such I probably won't be able to give any real answers on such topics, it would just result in the propagation of false information.

-There are currently no champs in the game that I have designed. I'm working on my first one as we speak.

-I love LoL and played Ranked + normals non-stop in college. Wrote my final term paper on the F2P pricing scheme and filmed a 10 minute documentary on the new player experience during Senior Winter.

-Was 1800 - 1850 and rising when I graduated. Haven't had much time to focus on improving my game since then (too busy making my champ ).

-I main supports (Raka, Janna, Lulu, Sona, Taric, Zyra). Also play a TON of Tristana (bot) and Teemo (top). Noct, Shaco, and WW are my go-to junglers. If you force me to play mid (I suck at it) I'll try to grab Kass (provided the matchup wouldn't screw me).

-Used to be "almost" pro at TF2. Have 1400 hours in the game and mained scout/med for a team back when CAL was a thing.

-LOVE Fire Emblem

-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.

-I went to college at Dartmouth and graduated with a BA in Economics 2 months ago. Also studied Theater, Film, Chemistry, and Biology (was a pre-med freshman year).

-Started @ Riot right after graduation (it's weird being one of the "young people" again). Been here 2 months.
Hey! I'm also from Alaska!