What are some good solo top champions to learn for 1300-1400 elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BodomBeachTerror

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
Dont listen to these guys.. In that Elo you want to play Riven. She basically has no lane counters and she snowballs HARD. One early kill and your lane is auto win and with her mobility you can roam and get easy kills or better yet get your teammembers fed

One dude said malphite which is also a good choice, also Jax if you have a late game team.
I started playing a lot of Jax and Riven in draft. However, I always end up getting destroyed and completely zoned from creeps and exp. Any tips you can give me? I've already read the wingsofdeathx guide to Riven but I'm still doing pretty badly in terms of trading and lane control.

Dorsia

08-19-2012

if you feel like top and mid lanes fail a lot, don't learn top, learn the jungle. if top or mid are losing (top especially) then the enemy will probably be poking out far. even though you didnt ask, id say udyr, olaf (both also great top laners), skarner, nautilus, mundo.

jungler controls the flow of the game. took myself from 1100s to 1600s by maining skarner and udyr

Flagrock

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsia View Post
if you feel like top and mid lanes fail a lot, don't learn top, learn the jungle. if top or mid are losing (top especially) then the enemy will probably be poking out far. even though you didnt ask, id say udyr, olaf (both also great top laners), skarner, nautilus, mundo.

jungler controls the flow of the game. took myself from 1100s to 1600s by maining skarner and udyr
So true. Junglers WIN lane phase. If you are a dominate jungler you WILL be able to win the laning phase for your team via ganks and hard map control. Sadly, the junglers who dominate laning (Lee Sin, Skarner, Shyv, Shaco) cannot dominate late game as hard. Early game goes to the jungler, late game goes to the ad carry.
With that said, I know I use Olaf top a lot and he is such a great bait champ. He counters most people and has high dmg late game. Mundo is another good pick, and in low elos where people aren't good at getting objectives quickly and pressuring, Nasus is a beast. If you get good at holding lane and q farming you can literally 2 shot ad carries.

Ardarail

10-23-2012

Some good top laners are Irelia, Malphite (can save you with that crazy initiation), Renekton (one of the best solo tops right now). Riven and Jax are also pretty good.
A Champion that is often overlooked is Teemo. A good onhit/ad Teemo can completely shut down a melee opponent such as Wukong or Malphite. Just make sure you never run him against a Renekton. Vladimir is also a viable option.

Fiveofswords

10-24-2012

well first of all...i tihnk if you want to help top you should jungle..not go top yourself. if bot lane fails its much worse than top lane failing.
andway...my standard top lane pick is cho...it pretty easy to jsut farm with cho for a while, and you got the cc/tankiness/feast burst to help out any sort of team comp. There isnt much that coutners cho...kayle is a problem i tihnk but thats all.

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

My favorite is Jax. You can look at my ranked stats to see that. I think riven is fairly good, but you have to be good at her. If you can get good at Jayce (we'll see with this nerf inc) I would recommend him the most. It seems like he doesn't have a counter. I'd say the staples are:

Jax, Jayce, Irelia, Singed, Vlad, Malphite. Of course, the best strategy is to counter pick the other top. When people take singed first, I ALWAYS take Teemo. Most of the time I wreck singed so hard that the jungler has to camp top lane, and I usually STILL get kills and WAY more CS.

The last game I played Teemo vs. Singed he got FB on me (jungler gank early) and shortly after mid and jungle ganked me. So singed was 2/0 and I was 0/2. I ended up with 254 cs to his 159 cs in a 34 minute game. I think keeping singed to 159 cs in 34 minutes is pretty incredible. That, imo, goes to show you that countering is more important than picking one particular champ to get good at.

o 2 FA5T 4 U o

10-29-2012

lee sin and riven they would own btw lee sin is also a good jungle.

Timammoth

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomBeachTerror View Post
I started playing a lot of Jax and Riven in draft. However, I always end up getting destroyed and completely zoned from creeps and exp. Any tips you can give me? I've already read the wingsofdeathx guide to Riven but I'm still doing pretty badly in terms of trading and lane control.

Even Better i would watch Wingsofdeathx streams. He is amazing and great at teaching the game and explaining what you should be doing etc. http://www.twitch.tv/wingsofdeath/b/319168130

Personally i would say jax,irelia, vladimir are best champions for learning top lane mechanics etc. But if u want to completely stomp and face roll. I would say lee sin, Rengar,Garen and daruis are great picks

xNoxiuz

10-29-2012

If u wanna win elo i recomend u to be jungler coz u can help on every lane . farm easy.

Champs i recomend for this are Maokai. Lee . Mumu . Jax well almost every champ who can leap and cc enemys

AltairibnlLaahad

10-29-2012

For top I'd recommend Lee Sin and if they haven't banned, Shen (Good junglers too). But other champions are Jax,Riven,Jayce and if you know how to play her, Kayle can be a beast.