Help For An Agressive Player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xesante

08-18-2012

No, don't bother with that. Use your IP on champions. Just don't start ranked without runes. And don't get them until you're level 20/30. There are probably more cost-efficient ways to do so, but playing without runes is somewhat of a handicap, although it forces you to learn to play skilled . As long as you don't only play bot games, and you win a decent amount, you should be fine on IP enough to have plenty runes and champions. The game is no fun if you're sitting around buying runes all day, trust me. Expand your knowledge of champions! Also congratulations on your triple kill!

Feel free to add me if you want to play a game sometime. I tend to play toplane champions (Those tanky, bruiser types), so perhaps I can help you a bit too.

Good luck!

KneeShot

08-19-2012

what i am considering is more about your playstyle, not champ selection

before any thumbs down, i am NOT talking about you must play defensively
but how to be aggressive

if you wanted to be aggressive, you need to know when to back off and the limit of your champ at the time
let me use one of my game as example
I am Singed top against Darius (normal blind pick...never go singed against darius in ranked...)
Darius is much powerful than Singed pre-6 and my enemy abused it
the mistake he made was being too aggressive
because of his passive, he cannot harass me under my tower
because i got hit, stay under tower, he got in and tower shot him
he accidentally pushed the minion wave to my tower when he tried to harass me
i have slow, fling, exhaust and my jungler is noc

several times I suddenly become aggressive and clear out the wave
and he didn't back off, then in came the gank

after 2 - 3 successful ganks, he cannot harass me and cannot kill me even with ganks
that's the point I play over-aggressive and started counter jungle
the mistake i made was being too greedy and tried to clear out two camps even i notice mid is mia
a death was the punishment

remember, aggressive or defensive is your choice of game play
but knowing your limit of 'aggressiveness' is the point of being aggressive
this comes from experiences and skills
hope this helps

Gurhal

08-19-2012

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesante View Post
No, don't bother with that. Use your IP on champions. Just don't start ranked without runes. And don't get them until you're level 20/30. There are probably more cost-efficient ways to do so, but playing without runes is somewhat of a handicap, although it forces you to learn to play skilled . As long as you don't only play bot games, and you win a decent amount, you should be fine on IP enough to have plenty runes and champions. The game is no fun if you're sitting around buying runes all day, trust me. Expand your knowledge of champions! Also congratulations on your triple kill!

Feel free to add me if you want to play a game sometime. I tend to play toplane champions (Those tanky, bruiser types), so perhaps I can help you a bit too.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips, and that's exactly what I'm planning to do. Next time I get online I'll remember adding you, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post
what i am considering is more about your playstyle, not champ selection

before any thumbs down, i am NOT talking about you must play defensively
but how to be aggressive

(...)

remember, aggressive or defensive is your choice of game play
but knowing your limit of 'aggressiveness' is the point of being aggressive
this comes from experiences and skills
hope this helps

That is, indeed, a very important lesson that took me time to understand. You can't be agressive in LoL as you would be in a MMO, you have to remember that surviving is, almost always, more important then killing.

That being said, I'll walk you guys through the champions I am inclined to buy as soon as I farm enough IP:

Darius: Darius seems fun, powerful, and almost perfect for me.... But I'm seriously considering not even buying him, since I read that he is banned from ranked games almost all the times.

Brand: He's lore seems very fun, he's full of style, seems powerful, and for what I can see in his skills and his passives, you kinda have to be agressive to make yourself useful. But, he's ranged, and that bumps me off a little bit. Idk.

Draven: Ok, I'll admit: I want to buy Draven because he looks like a badass, has an awesome BG history... And that's about it. Probably going to save it for another time.

Ziggs Although being ranged, Ziggs seems like a lot of fun. The squishy part is a bummer, definitly, but... Idk. I simpatize with him.

I've also considered Nocturne, Kassadin, Vlad, Jaco and Twisted Fate, for no particular reason.

Any insights?

Thanks!

Gurhal

08-24-2012

Ok guys.

I've finally decided among two: Draven or Nocturne.

Can you please give me some insight on which one of them better fits my style?

Thanks,.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurhal View Post
Ok guys.

I've finally decided among two: Draven or Nocturne.

Can you please give me some insight on which one of them better fits my style?

Thanks,.
They're pretty different. Draven's a carry, and from what I understand has a high degree of difficulty. Especially as a carry, you really have to know when to temper your aggression. The #1 skill of a carry is how to run the heck away when someone tries to focus you in a team fight. Once your team has peeled the enemy, you can go back in, but being overly aggressive and initiating usually doesn't end well for a carry.

Nocturne will usually go into the jungle. You may like jungling since ganking lends itself to being aggressive even though you do still have to be smart about it. If you do want to learn to jungle, study up on it. If all you do as a jungler is clear the creep camps, you're not jungling.

KneeShot

08-24-2012

Draven is one of the ad carry i would be more aggressive on.

he can pressure the opponents with his Q without using mana for a long duration
if you manage to catch all of them
a side way knock back and a move speed buff make him easy to get out sticky situation
however you still need to take care of positioning as the landing point of your Q is visible to enemy

i haven't played nocturne ever, but just started jungling for a few days
nocturne is fast at clearing camps and having quite high mobility
kinda suite to play aggressively as far as you don't get caught in the jungle

jungling means more time control and seek opportunity for objectives
patience is needed more than aggressiveness

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

have you tried offensive tanks like Amumu or singed? They're designed to sit in the middle of a teamfight and just damage everyone while taking piles of damage; might be right up your alley.

If not, try AD Sion. build him as a bruiser, pop your ultimate, and go to town.

Gurhal

08-25-2012

Hey amigos!

Thanks for the helps and the insights on both champions I ways "locked in between", but, believe me or not, because of Magma Armor post, I ended up purchasing Mordekaizer - and I LOVE IT!

God damn! It's even more fun then Tryndamere! Being an agressive tank is simply awesome - I can throw myself into a fight, being focused by the whole team, take out two of them and run away with half of my life full.

You guys know any good guides on a tank/spell pen Morde?

Thanks.

M3GaL0d0n

08-25-2012

First and Foremost, dont underestimate runes. While its a little bit silly to hear this while you're asking about which champion to buy, saving for runes is also extremely important, but lets talk champions for now.

Like I always say to anyone who asks for people to suggest champions to buy, my BEST advice is simply to try as many champions as you can. Ask people about champions, read a few guides here and there, and see what turns up during freeweek. See who you like, develope a taste for what you like to do in lane. If you feel like you know this already and you're bent on buying someone, I'll tell you this... you want to purchase a champion in the "Bruiser," category, aswell as someone in the "Bully' category.

Laning Bullies are champions who deal wicked-nasty early game damage, have decent sustain (Healing or shielding), and good harrassment. Some champions who aren't really difficult to play as well as being fun to use are...

-Renekton (AD Bruiser)
-Rumble (AP Bruiser)
-Cho'Gath (AP/AS Hybrid-Bruiser)
-Akali (AP Assassin)
-Malphite (AP/AD Hybrid-Brusier)
-Tryndamere (AD Carry)
-Darius (AD Bruiser)

While this list is by no means exhuastive (there are many more champions who are good lane bullies), this list has most of the champions who are strong in lane, easy to play, and, most importantly, fun. You can ask about specific champions and I'll try to get back to you, or someone else will, you can also just play champions to see how you like them. Before I close out, I'll warn you, full-priced (6300 ip) champions never go on sale (Sales only affect RP prices), so be cautious that you dont buy a champion you don't like, because It will be some time before you can buy another.

GLHF, Hope you find a champion you like...

P.S. Hmm, I spent a while writing this without looking at the recent posts, you seem so have heard most of what I wanted to say, but nonetheless, I can still help you if you have questions about certain champions. Good to hear you like Mordekaiser.

Vrael27

08-25-2012

there are champions that you would like, and fit your fighting style, but as you get to ranked and higher elo, you will find that people are much better at countering aggressive champs, and ccing them so they can't leave a fight, if you want to be good at this game then you need to learn to play more passive, this is a team games, and feeding early games is the worst thing you can do basically, (or let them have an early tower) and getting kills really doesn't matter, especially if you are only trying to get kills, then you will end up starving your team, and it's better to have a evenly fed team, than 1 adc very fed... you should try mages and squishy champs so you learn to stay out of battle and help your teammates rather than just be in it for the kills. for this i would recommend Xerath, he's kinda hard to use, but fun when u get used to him, he NEVER want to be anywhere near a teamfight with him cause he will get pulverized, but if u just stay back and atk from a distance then you can do huge amounts of dmg and help your team win almost any teamfight. there is also assassins you could try, like kassadin, whose job is to get in, assassinate the apc, then get out, or pick off the squishys. cause in truth, no matter what people say, it is SOOOOO much better to have few deaths and few kills, than many deaths and many kills, cause you may get fairly fed and kinda be able to carry team. but they will get fed, and then feed on ur team, then carry their team to victory... much better to have no kills at all along with no deaths at all. then they don't get fed. which gives ur team more kills. and instead of just trying to kill every1 and get alot of kills, u can much easier harass from a dist and zone them, while u farm, then they get entirely zoned and are pulverized by your team, and while they're at base getting health u can farm, giving u exp without giving the enemy team, AND once u zone them long enough you can very easily get kills on them later. hope this helps u...