Should the maximum camera zoom out be increased?

Yes! (Any additional reasoning?) 895 88.26%
No... (Why not?) 119 11.74%
Voters: 1014. You may not vote on this poll

Camera zoom out is insufficient. Let me zoom out more? Reasoning included.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

05-25-2012

^^

the fake excuse thing is what I would bet on. most people here seem to think everyone, especially riot, tells the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth and sincde they said "this is the reason" that is all there is to it and no more...

lol, people make me lol :-)

EntropyKC

05-30-2012

If the reason this isn't being done so that people with worse computers don't get a disadvantage, why not remove it as an option and just force it on people? Just make the camera a bit higher up, and add graphical options for people to tune stuff down a lot more than they can already.

Just to let you know, I don't play with a fixed camera, and I never have. I would just like to be able to see more of what's going on at any one time.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

I would return to playing Summoner's Rift normals if I could zoom out a few steps more. As it stands, Purple side play has no appeal for me with my inability to move around every element of my UI to where it could assist my vision.

More zoom would help.

Jahandar

06-10-2012

I think some of those champions are balanced around the difficulty provided by the constrained view.

I really think people need to just get used to the idea of controlling an unlocked camera. It's vital for getting the "big picture" of what's going on both around you and across the entire map.

Venova

06-12-2012

I think it would be good to have it increased slightly, though this is less needed if you use unlocked camera, which just takes practice to get used to. Maybe a 10% or so increase in the maximum would be a good improvement in visibility without messing up other things, since fog of war of course is still going to obscure anything you don't have vision of, perhaps a bit less of an increased range would be fine too, nothing too big though, it would mess up the game and ruin the feel of locality to where you are on the map.

Best Atheist NA

08-17-2012

2 month old thread needs a good bump. Let's get something done, Riot. Thanks.

Agraajag

08-17-2012

They don't want to change it because LoL is a huge winner and it would be a gigantic change to the screen-reading vs. brain-cached situational awareness dynamic. Sort of.

The "sort of" caveat of course is the frantic mouse nudging that all good players do during team fights to keep their window where they want it. This might be fine if it didn't make LoL possibly the worst game for your mouse wrist in history. I've tripled my mouse sensitivity and learned fingertip control just because of LoL, but I'd really rather not have had to do that. And there is a simple step that would probably help a lot without changing the situational awareness dynamics.

Implement gesture-driven off-center vision window locking. It could work like: you hold down space and make a mouse stroke in a particular direction. The screen then locks with your champ at a clock position opposite of the direction of the stroke. Perhaps with a configurable distance from the screen edge. You'll still have to reset it often, but not nearly as much as you have to nudge.

Its fairly safe to assume that constant edge nudging is not what is making people love this game. There's just nothing to love about it. And it quickly starts to hurt. And with 30M players, its safe to assume a bunch of people are going to end up with bad wrist injuries that used to crop up only in the meat packing industry, because of LoL. Please, fix this. Somehow.

GodzilaChinchila

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraajag View Post
Implement gesture-driven off-center vision window locking. It could work like: you hold down space and make a mouse stroke in a particular direction. The screen then locks with your champ at a clock position opposite of the direction of the stroke. Perhaps with a configurable distance from the screen edge. You'll still have to reset it often, but not nearly as much as you have to nudge.
^This would be nice.

And I fully support the idea of increasing the maximum height of view; change nothing else. This would, as said before, make viewing large team-battles, and taking note of the further-out geography much better, and also as mentioned before; being able to properly see the range of a considerable amount of Champions' spells- both offensive, and defensively.
Make another option near the Camera Lock for the view size, and for those who Unlock, they can simply zoom to whichever distance they desire.

MSF72

09-09-2012

In addition to this, I find myself being positive in ranked when on the blue side but negative when on the purple side. This applies to my Attack Damage Carry that is. I definitely agree with this 100%. Even when playing support from the purple end, though I don't do nearly as bad, I still struggle with aiming grabs and etc. for setting up kills.

On terms of whether computers can handle it or not, it should be an additional option that we can get to. Not something that's always available as in max zoom vs max distance but to go into our interface settings to change the zoom further if we need to be. Just my opinion on the matter. It doesn't necessarily have to be a game-breaking experience but it would definitely be a nice addition to the game overall. I really hope Riot gets the memo on how badly the community wants this to take place.

Iaunu

09-10-2012

this is a 3 dimensional game.... there's no reason to allow more camera movement. Riot... Just have the camera lock from the opposite direction for purple, so that the view is the same for both sides. That's all you have to do. no zoom changes, no nothing. no unlocking the camera rotation, simply have it lock from behind purple....

You're becoming a heavily recognized game in the competitive field... Please, consider that if my math is correct, you are giving the purple team roughly a 30% vision debuff. Which is a huge disadvantage. I especially think this should be changed considering in a month 3million dollars will be decided on the winner. And whoever starts on blue side first, will have the advantage...

Riot, please do this for the benefit of your own game in regards to equal oppurtunity for success. The only reason i see for you not to do this, is that you truly dispise the color purple so much to compromise gameplay... that is all @_@

12345612 ... 17