Put Nexus Tower on other side of Nexus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destîny

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khitty View Post
And this is why 3s have a bad rep. Noobs from 5s try to play a 3 fail and blames the design.

Dear 5ers,
This is 3s, not 5s. Don't treat it like 5s. Don't expect it to be like 5s. Don't play it like 5s.

3s has it's own strategy. One of which is not to destroy inhibs unless you plan on ending the game.

Simple. Go back to 5s.
I understand now and am happy to learn that there are ways to counter this. The next time that I play 3v3 I will make sure to not take inhibs until I can win the game. I didn't know this until after I made this thread.

So, now I would like to ask you and anyone else that is willing to post, why is it good design to have a map where taking down the inhibs can be good for the other team? It doesn't seem to me that this is the way that Riot intended TT to play out, however that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

All I want to know now is why you and others think this is good map design. (I hope I don't come across as condescending as that is not the intention of this post, I sincerely want to know why this is/is considered good map design)

Shadeykris

08-17-2012

I dunno. I don't mind it. It's making the objective conditional, rather than a no-brainer. By not breaking it you have a mechanic that strands the other team in their base.

I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison or not, but lets say... getting Dragon IS always good, right? But it isn't always something you want to rush to and do immediately. Let's say your team can't kill it that fast yet, and you're evenly matched with your opponents... They're all up, but you have no idea where they are. If you start Dragon, they could show up halfway through the fight, while your team is at middle HP- and they're all full. So maybe you hide and wait for THEM to start it, and then do that to them.

Destîny

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
I dunno. I don't mind it. It's making the objective conditional, rather than a no-brainer. By not breaking it you have a mechanic that strands the other team in their base.

I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison or not, but lets say... getting Dragon IS always good, right? But it isn't always something you want to rush to and do immediately. Let's say your team can't kill it that fast yet, and you're evenly matched with your opponents... They're all up, but you have no idea where they are. If you start Dragon, they could show up halfway through the fight, while your team is at middle HP- and they're all full. So maybe you hide and wait for THEM to start it, and then do that to them.
Well while your point might be valid I don't think that's the best comparison, because as you said, dragons is ALWAYS good. However I'd argue that an inhib is not always good. You don't drag when it's too risky, but in 3v3 you don't inhib (even when u can and therefore not risky) because you can't end yet. Just my thoughts tho