Diana op dilemma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespent

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
In my opinion, her Passive and Q do too much damage. However, while that is technically more powerful than it should be, it is by no means game-breaking, and if you outplay her, or she outplays you, the lane is going to go the way it should in my opinion.

So, she could use a minor damage nerf, but the amount of QQing i've seen isn't even just excessive, it's legendary.

Edit: Soon we'll have numbers for her win percentage, and that in my opinion solves the question for good.
win percentage dont proves anything , theres a lot of people that play it bad . and the game is team based =/ . if other lane feeds like hell you can t stop them unless you gank the feeded ALONE .

almost all the champs have a 45 50 60 win rate . because of this .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackBrother3

Junior Member

08-12-2012

I think they should nerf her base stats and make her less tanky
She wouldn't be a problem if she didn't have such high defenses. Honestly she can win easily in a 3v1, her shield will be refreshed granting her more protection and very bursty. Either make her burst or tanky, not both, that's just stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespent View Post
win percentage dont proves anything , theres a lot of people that play it bad . and the game is team based =/ . if other lane feeds like hell you can t stop them unless you gank the feeded ALONE .

almost all the champs have a 45 50 60 win rate . because of this .
But this win rate is consistent and over an extremely large number of games.

If it was only like 100 games, and fluctuated between 45 and 60, you would have a point, however, so far Diana has been tracked in 30 THOUSAND ranked games and if you don't include the first day, has fluctuated 1%

She has been tracked in 71 THOUSAND Normal games, an even larger sample size, and in that has fluctuated, again, less than 1%

Now, if you look at some really OP champions that Riot nerfed, Zyra was sitting at a 60% win rate at her peak, and excluding her first day, never dropped below 58% in ranked, for over 60 thousand games.

Before his nerf, Rumble was sitting above 60% for over 60 thousand tracked games.

Again, if these numbers were a smaller sample size, or less consistent, they would mean less, and they don't particularly effect the outcome of any one game, however, they give a powerful insight into the balance of any champion you look up, and Diana, according to the numbers, is technically slightly more powerful than she should be, but nowhere near the level of some of the really OP champions, and still less powerful than some champions that nobody QQs about, like Amumu.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Statistics and numbers is what Riot looks at. Diana is a strong pick for mid/top and can dominate late game. She is tanky with good dmg (hmm sounds like ryze), but she is melee with few escapes. All she has is a shield that may get up to 200-300 dmg blocked (hmm sounds just like Riven's shield). Diana is strong because people haven't found a strong counter against her. Her dmg is no stronger than ryze's to be honest but she bursts and then loses that for 10 seconds before she can burst again. Ryze is more of a sustain burst so people don't complain. But honestly, the stats and numbers don't lie, she's not OP, just strong. Do you hear people crying about Amumu, Janna, or other champs with the same win ratio? No, just learn who to target first, and guess what, all snares and stuns her potential because the burst is stopped midstream allowing the person to escape since she's only got 1-2 charges.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesious

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Er, I was Ryze vs a Diana, She was lvl 5, I was lvl 7. I got to 75% HP, and she flash insta gibbed me within a second.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesious View Post
Er, I was Ryze vs a Diana, She was lvl 5, I was lvl 7. I got to 75% HP, and she flash insta gibbed me within a second.
Hmm, I smell BS.

All she has for damage at level 5 is her Q and her shield.

Let's assume her Q was level 3, and her shield level 1, and she has sorc shoes and 2 doran's. Let's say you have Sorc Shoes and Tear of the Goddess.

That's 194 damage on her Q.
Let's say she hit all her shield charges.

That's 174 damage.

368 damage. You have 30 magic resist base as ryze, she penetrates 20 of that with her sorc shoes (you should have bought merc treads if you didn't, im just being generous here)

Damage multiplier = 100 / (100 + MR) if MR ≥ 0
plug in 10 for your MR we get 90%

334 damage to you, assuming no runes and masteries (you should have magic resist blues if you don't, im just being generous here)

At level 7 Ryze has 962 HP just from his base and scaling HP.
At 75% you have 721 HP.

If she got a hit from her passive on you, thats an additional 61 magic damage (after MR) + 136 physical damage assuming you had 0 extra armor, using just Ryze's base armor.

721 - 334 - 61 - 136 = 190

Ignite is another 150 true damage.

Assuming she hits everything on her combo on you at level 5 she cannot kill you from 75% health to nothing even if you stick around for 3 autoattacks, 3 shield hits, and she ignites you. Which she cannot do "within a second"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speckledj1m

Junior Member

08-12-2012

^champ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Cassiopeia does way more damage, single target and groups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Ajax

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Hmm, I smell BS.

All she has for damage at level 5 is her Q and her shield.

Let's assume her Q was level 3, and her shield level 1, and she has sorc shoes and 2 doran's. Let's say you have Sorc Shoes and Tear of the Goddess.

That's 194 damage on her Q.
Let's say she hit all her shield charges.

That's 174 damage.

368 damage. You have 30 magic resist base as ryze, she penetrates 20 of that with her sorc shoes (you should have bought merc treads if you didn't, im just being generous here)

Damage multiplier = 100 / (100 + MR) if MR ≥ 0
plug in 10 for your MR we get 90%

334 damage to you, assuming no runes and masteries (you should have magic resist blues if you don't, im just being generous here)

At level 7 Ryze has 962 HP just from his base and scaling HP.
At 75% you have 721 HP.

If she got a hit from her passive on you, thats an additional 61 magic damage (after MR) + 136 physical damage assuming you had 0 extra armor, using just Ryze's base armor.

721 - 334 - 61 - 136 = 190

Ignite is another 150 true damage.

Assuming she hits everything on her combo on you at level 5 she cannot kill you from 75% health to nothing even if you stick around for 3 autoattacks, 3 shield hits, and she ignites you. Which she cannot do "within a second"

You, sir (if you keep posting like this), are definitely on your way to being a legend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calibration

Junior Member

08-13-2012

Ya she's decent in lane but people seem to forget she was made with the intention of being an ap jungle in lane she can be zoned and countered just like any other champ