AP champs always getting nerfed (except annie of course)

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinmey88 View Post
try to kill a leblanc with xin ... you have about 0.25 seconds before you die
Agreed, but she is one of how many?

Deitrix

08-12-2012

The damage done by a "giant fireball" depends on the temperature involved and how much or little of the body is protected from it. Stuntmen and daredevils have set themselves on fire for years. The average skimpily-dressed female champ might be in trouble though.

A knife however, would hurt depending on precision of the strike and the power behind it. A small slash to the chest being relatively meaningless, but a hard stab to the eye, armpit or kidneys being devastating. Given that most of the characters in the game who use knives are assassins... precision is almost a given. Now if you're talking about swords, they'd do damage based on the weight of the blade and the power of the weilder, and would be used in strong, chopping motions that could easily shatter bones... and since most of the swords in this game are absurdly oversized, I'd say they'd probably do more damage than a quick burst of flame too.

The only realistic solution is this. Riot should make champions who wear little to no armor in their models take extra damage from everything. To balance this out, heavy armor users should be slower fatigue quicker and more prone to infection from their wounds, as was the case with armor-wearers in real life. The skimpy dressed folks won't have to worry as much about dirty, sweaty cloth or bent metal getting in their wounds... so it seems fairly balanced.

Or you can accept that it's a game and that AD is meant to do the most damage. Mages have CC, AoE attacks and are all ranged. That's why they're not made as "good" at dueling as pure AD champs. They have other tricks.

lemonpartyfan0

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galifrey View Post
Zhonyas gives you a split second reprieve before death in which you can't move or use your abilities. Sure it counters things like karthuss ult or miss fortunes ult, but inevitabely the AD still wins. You've never seen me play a Mage so your attempts to insult me are useless. You are ignoring my main point, a fully built AP champ vs a fully built AD champ will always lose, unless you have a stun or flash to save you.
I'm not ignoring anything. I am calling you wrong.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitrix View Post
The damage done by a "giant fireball" depends on the temperature involved and how much or little of the body is protected from it. Stuntmen and daredevils have set themselves on fire for years. The average skimpily-dressed female champ might be in trouble though.

A knife however, would hurt depending on precision of the strike and the power behind it. A small slash to the chest being relatively meaningless, but a hard stab to the eye, armpit or kidneys being devastating. Given that most of the characters in the game who use knives are assassins... precision is almost a given. Now if you're talking about swords, they'd do damage based on the weight of the blade and the power of the weilder, and would be used in strong, chopping motions that could easily shatter bones... and since most of the swords in this game are absurdly oversized, I'd say they'd probably do more damage than a quick burst of flame too.

The only realistic solution is this. Riot should make champions who wear little to no armor in their models take extra damage from everything. To balance this out, heavy armor users should be slower fatigue quicker and more prone to infection from their wounds, as was the case with armor-wearers in real life. The skimpy dressed folks won't have to worry as much about dirty, sweaty cloth or bent metal getting in their wounds... so it seems fairly balanced.

Or you can accept that it's a game and that AD is meant to do the most damage. Mages have CC, AoE attacks and are all ranged. That's why they're not made as "good" at dueling as pure AD champs. They have other tricks.
You forget that there are ALSO AD champs that have AoE and ranged. Caitlyn has an AoE move as well as massive range. Garen also has an AoE, I'm sure there are others but off the top of my head I can't think of them. I'm just saying they should have a fair chance at winning a battle.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post
I'm not ignoring anything. I am calling you wrong.
In calling you wrong as well, and you have yet to actually prove it.

lemonpartyfan0

08-12-2012

Quote:
In calling you wrong as well, and you have yet to actually prove it.
How about this. I checked your match history, and you build LB like ****. Better? To me, that proves you know nothing about mages in the first place. Second, I could go through most of the mages, which would beat out most ADC's, and supports.

On the other hand, bruisers and tanks are meant to be able to stand up to damage. This is called checks and balance.

Seriously though, if you don't get a defensive item like Zhonyas on a non assassin mage, you are doing it wrong. The armor and AP alone are worth it, not to mention the Oh **** button.

Reidenki

08-12-2012

Quote:
I always love how whenever an AP champ is released that can stand toe to toe with an AD champ they automatically nerf them (i.e. Zyra.) Oh Zyra can actually stand up to a Xin and live? NERF!!!
Xin Zhao is a fighter, someone meant to be able to soak punishment better than the average bear, and an assassin, someone meant to counter carries and mages by skewering them quickly. That's a bad example attempting to capitalize on a staged performance they used for the purposes of the patch video.

Quote:
This game is so pathetically overbalanced for AD champs it's a joke. AP champs should have at least a LITTLE chance to stand up to a pure AD champion.
Ask Malzahar what he thinks about an AD champion coming over to play. He'll answer once he's done Nether Grasp comboing them into next Sunday. As per your title, ask Annie what that pile of ash at her feet was a few seconds ago and where the enemy carry disappeared to.

Quote:
Sure you can build armor but at the expense of ANY damage you may do.
Zhonya's Hourglass says hi.

Quote:
It's frustrating and irritating as someone who likes Mage characters. Think about it if this was real life... Which would hurt worse? A knife or a giant fire ball to the face? I'm thinking the fire ball to the face would probably do more damage.
You think that because you watch too many movies. Real life fire doesn't work like you think it does. A ball of fire is a sustained combustion whose only danger is the heat it gives off over time. How you believe fire works is actually referring to an explosion, which is a concussive shock wave often accompanied by an auditory assault. Ever notice that when a grenade or any kind of bomb for that matter explodes, it actually produces very little fire? It's the concussion that's dangerous and what will likely kill you, not by burning you but by powderizing your insides.

If someone threw a ball of fire at your face, the flames would splash off your skin, immediately run out of fuel, and burn off into the air in an attempt to consume more oxygen. At worst you might have temporary redness and lose some lashes, or maybe a small first degree burn. A knife on the other hand will pierce your skin, drive right into your flesh, sever muscle fibers and nerves, possibly crack bones depending on placement of the wound and size of the knife, let an amount of blood proportional to any veins / arteries it cut, and send your brains pain receptors into DEFCON status. Sounds worse than losing some lashes.

The fire is only a real danger to you if it is forced to stick to your skin and in order for that to happen, it either needs to already be burning on a substance that will adhere to you (napalm, petrol gel, etc) or held specifically to the surface of your skin, hair or clothes until it catches (which is not how what you believe to be a fireball would function). Even then, a few pats or a good old fashioned stop, drop, and roll will extinguish it before any real harm is done assuming you are not completely covered in the stuff (which since you specified a ball of fire to the face, you will not be). Stop, dropping, and rolling a knife wound will just smear the ground and probably get the wound infected. Or if it is burning on clothing you could just remove the clothing quickly.

Your in-game complaints are grasping at straws with little to hold on to and your real life example is a childish misunderstanding of the fire petrahedron and anatomy all rolled into one. I recommend you abandon this thread and educate yourself a little more.

masterdragon481

08-12-2012

The thing that the OP has not taken into account is that it takes a good deal of time (30ish minutes) for the AD carry to have the power to start carrying the game. I say 30 minutes assuming he/she isn't getting ridiculously fed somewhere. The AP carry is meant to carry the team and be the main damage dealer for the entire beginning of the game, transferring that role to the AD carry later in the game. So in a sense, you are right; a late game AD carry will most likely win a 1v1 duel with an AP carry. But the AP carry will win at any other time in the game.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

So get 10 people of equal skill, have one team pick all AP and one pick all AD and see which one wins. I'm pretty positive it will be the all AD by a landslide. The only hope an AP team would have is if the all AD team sucked. Malzahars ult pins him in place, move an inch and it's become useless. If there is a second enemy near by he is dead. I've mentioned that Leblanc and Annie are actual mages that they have left alone and are still good, yet those two seem to be the ones people keep bringing up, which doesn't really disprove my point. And to the moron who tried to insult me about my Leblanc build, I'd you took the time to ACTUALLY look at my match history you would see my Leblanc matches are generally AI games. I've been experimenting with my builds, but thanks for your hateful advice. I love how you address me as if I'm attacking you personally when im making a general comment about the game which is that the game generally favors AD champions, which is true. The game is pathetically overbalanced in favor of AD champions, argue with me all you want, but like I said, a match with all AP on one side and all AD on the other would fall in favor of the AD side almost every time, unless the AD team absolutely sucked.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidenki View Post
Xin Zhao is a fighter, someone meant to be able to soak punishment better than the average bear, and an assassin, someone meant to counter carries and mages by skewering them quickly. That's a bad example attempting to capitalize on a staged performance they used for the purposes of the patch video.

Ask Malzahar what he thinks about an AD champion coming over to play. He'll answer once he's done Nether Grasp comboing them into next Sunday. As per your title, ask Annie what that pile of ash at her feet was a few seconds ago and where the enemy carry disappeared to.

Zhonya's Hourglass says hi.

You think that because you watch too many movies. Real life fire doesn't work like you think it does. A ball of fire is a sustained combustion whose only danger is the heat it gives off over time. How you believe fire works is actually referring to an explosion, which is a concussive shock wave often accompanied by an auditory assault. Ever notice that when a grenade or any kind of bomb for that matter explodes, it actually produces very little fire? It's the concussion that's dangerous and what will likely kill you, not by burning you but by powderizing your insides.

If someone threw a ball of fire at your face, the flames would splash off your skin, immediately run out of fuel, and burn off into the air in an attempt to consume more oxygen. At worst you might have temporary redness and lose some lashes, or maybe a small first degree burn. A knife on the other hand will pierce your skin, drive right into your flesh, sever muscle fibers and nerves, possibly crack bones depending on placement of the wound and size of the knife, let an amount of blood proportional to any veins / arteries it cut, and send your brains pain receptors into DEFCON status. Sounds worse than losing some lashes.

The fire is only a real danger to you if it is forced to stick to your skin and in order for that to happen, it either needs to already be burning on a substance that will adhere to you (napalm, petrol gel, etc) or held specifically to the surface of your skin, hair or clothes until it catches (which is not how what you believe to be a fireball would function). Even then, a few pats or a good old fashioned stop, drop, and roll will extinguish it before any real harm is done assuming you are not completely covered in the stuff (which since you specified a ball of fire to the face, you will not be). Stop, dropping, and rolling a knife wound will just smear the ground and probably get the wound infected. Or if it is burning on clothing you could just remove the clothing quickly.

Your in-game complaints are grasping at straws with little to hold on to and your real life example is a childish misunderstanding of the fire petrahedron and anatomy all rolled into one. I recommend you abandon this thread and educate yourself a little more.
. My fireball knife analogy was meant to a simple picture of what I'm talking about. The fact that you resort to petty insults and the fact that you took the time and energy to google all the useless garbage you posted proves to me you aren't even worth talking to.

123456 ... 8